Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Yo, if anyone wants to mm queue with me I'm usually down for a pug Tue/Thu/Sun from like 6:45PST-8:15PST or there abouts (or randomly other times, that's just my built in cs:go time). I'm SEM (got my rank during the rank shift and things got kinda weird). Add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/drjeffgoldblum/ I pretty much only ever queue mirage so you'll have to yell at me a lot on what callouts are if we play another map. But that should be okay because if you're playing with me we're probably both clawing our way up from silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Bloodhound did. It was my first though.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Every game last night was people on newke throwing fire for the other team to go stand in so everyone could complete the first mission. Sometimes the community is cool and good. :)

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Will someone invite me to the goonovas? I want to get better at this stupid game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/drjeffgoldblum

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

I think you can just join, but I can invite you

Thanks!

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I got a battle scarred kill confirmed USP. It looks really good, like so good I have to assume it's a bug? http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263841416539369404/344565FB64B52356A1A4A896B7D55AF26825F428/

Weird. Whatever, it was free.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

symbolic posted:

I think Kill Confirmed is just one of those skins that darkens with the wear, like Medusa. I have a Well-Worn one that doesn't have many scratches at all on it.

Oh. I didn't realize that was a thing. I know gently caress all about skins other than what i sometimes open from cases and am gifted. I wonder how they decide which ones get that treatment as my aqua marine revenge is beat to hell.

Speaking of skins: in my opinion the funniest thing valve could do to the gambling community would be making all knives freely selectable in every players inventory.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Agreed. Aquamarine revenge is the best AK skin.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
WarOwl is the middle school teacher of CS. Decent depth of knowledge, excels at dealing with annoying shits, but there are much better people to learn from once you're ready.

Or so I've heard. I'm bad, and i still watch the WarOwl.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Is it normal to be like 2-23 then the next map like 30-5 on retake servers? Everyone seems wildly inconsistent on them (unless they have like 4k hours).

I find it's helping my gameplay a lot to be yelled at by the people I frustrate on these servers. They are really mean but they call out very specific stupidity I deserve to be called out on. Sorry for being bad internet, but your specific brand of insults are helping me improve!

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
When you say it like that I feel as stupid as the people in game tell me I am. I recommend it if anyone here hasn't tried it.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Or go to the wrong site half the time.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Since it doesn't impact subsequent buys it's usually just funny (I always die first)

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

dex_sda posted:

The only way choking someone could be provoked is if he got physically assaulted first, which we know didn't happen. RL is just hosed dude.

He was provoked by being in the presence of a dota player. Not far enough imho.

Heh, played dust 2 on my silver 4 account last night and the other team abandoned after 10 matches. 10-0 and i was 18-2. They were salty as gently caress and were a pre made.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Wow that vac wave.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
People get real salty on 1v1 servers when you spray where your nooblet opponents body drops. Keep giving me sprays.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Thanks goons who played with me tonight! :) I had fun even though I place our loss on two or three exceptionally stupid things I did. Sorry. In my defense I'm bad.

This game is so much better once you never solo queue.

E: I was Jeff Goldblum.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

widespread posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Fashion Strike: Global Expose or whatever

mods?

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

sterster posted:

Yeah, you did fine. Think one of the biggest issues that I saw was crosshair placement as mentioned by schlurps/Famethrowa. Apps and Kitchen

THIS! is what I wanted in gloves. Either specific teams like NIP, Liquid, C9 etc. Or if you could make 'custom' type gloves so you could do team or steam group type things.

Any suggestions for my gameplay? I think I've burned the following two lessons into my brain:

- Don't fumble around with grenades like a retard when you need to be ready to trade. Doubly so if sans bind for the nade I want.

- DON'T WALK TOWARD AWPERS YOU MORON!!

if there are more take always I should bring to my next game I'm all ears.

Tyia

Winkle-Daddy fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 30, 2016

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I was Jeff Goldblum

e: I just played the one game on Dust 2...not sure if you were in that one or if you took my place when I left.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Here is my awful demo so anyone can give me suggestions -- I would be grateful to anyone who spends some time telling me how to improve! steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-wdRn7-du5Qd-7cS6C-CMW2k-5XEyB

I'm Jeff Goldblum - I'm a scrub SE who seems to have alright aim and near zero game sense.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
no...but people kept asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I somehow just sold a copper galaxy five seven for like $125. no clue why mine was bought, other factory new stat tracks are going for like $60. God bless whoever has the fake faceit account with all the people complaining he scammed them on his profile for clicking my skin.