Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
To be fair to c9, they did win both their maps and freak and stewie came alive in the second half of the first and did well in the second map.
But who give a poo poo this LG vs TL game is baller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

nftyw posted:

If CLG take this then NA is guaranteed at least one spot at the major :unsmith:

Tarik is 19-2. Nice to see him finally show up

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Someone was asking where match vods are hosted and you can either find them clicking around hltv.org or https://m.reddit.com/r/CSeventVODs/ which is pretty well updated.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Be like my cousin, put a piece of clear tape in the middle of your monitor, use a sharpie to place a dot for your crosshair. Problem solved.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I've been saying this since i first watched keyedstars play: the american dream is brazilian. BR BR BR

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

Is CLG the team that has ridiculous beef against Liquid and S1mple in particular, or is that C9?

Freak from c9 went all agro on s1mple for zero reason and got fined and sent to loving anti bullying seminar.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

fennesz posted:

Neo, Snax and Byali all of VP really showed up today. I honestly never realized Neo was that good.

I'm just glad my boys outplayed 'em. :vince:

It really looked like a return to form for vp. I just hope they pull it back up from here so pasha isn't so suicidal any more.

Edit: "You are not my friend. You are my brother, my friend"

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Liquid is loving throwing

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

I like Tim's yelling. Its refined and tasteful.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Thorin is like. Always right though it's insane

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

Or that they had swapped weapon models/names to 1.6.

Cs source or 1.6 had an april fools thing where they would make guns more realistic in that they would jam randomly. This would make for amazing csgo.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Olofmeister is out of fnatic until his arm heals too. Plessen to stand in. Uh. drat man.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

exethan posted:

ghandi's edpi was 69, requiring an incredible 420 inches to turn the other cheek

God drat. The perfect Counter Strike post.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Tim is good.

Pimp is not so good.
E: New luminosity is also not so good.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
C9 looked so good i was actually angry watching the game. Partly because i'm a liquid fanboy and partly because i wanted c9 to be like this last season.

I was about to talk poo poo about ska being bad until that 4k at long. C9 are back boys

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
More new pistol sounds. Deag sounds hella good. Glock sounds terrifying. P2k sounds hilarious

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

Faffel posted:

the new Nuke is good and it's easy to tell where people are hth

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Or maybe it was upper? I think it might be upper on site. Okay no two lower for sure they went secret.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Which of you is holding up the "I'm gay" sign

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

stump collector posted:

leave steel banned imo

That

symbolic posted:

Free Brax

And this are the right call.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

Smol posted:

Too bad we probably won't see a lot of inferno in this tournament. :(

2nd map of the day is inferno and it's pretty obvious Optic has practiced.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

ArmZ posted:

is hiko still sucking? I'm guessing he's not IGL on this team?

I'm pretty sure he is actually. And the way inferno is laid out, you can lurk literally everywhere which works well for him. 11-4 half in favor of optic. Lets see what their t side is like though.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Holy shiiiiiiit this map owns. Wallbangs for days

E: oh god stop showing the "crowd"

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 15, 2017

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Ah yeah NAF is calling. I remember hiko saying something about finding his footing as a player and he struggled to be both igl and a fragger.
Also i'm not sure if infernew is a good barometer for how good optic will be.

E:clarity

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 15, 2017

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there like, official Counter Strike lore or something because I want to know why I'm trying to blow up random boxes and water fountains. What's my characters motivation.

Well. There's normally little snippets of lore called operations but there hasn't been one in a year. I'm also not entirely sure you can go back and read the stuff either now that i think about it.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Yeah. The statement they made said they didn't have a dedicated awper as pyth i guess wasn't comfortable awping full time. Draken has a bonkers k/d differential of like 370 or something

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I made a goony compilation of goon frags.

https://youtu.be/eH7kWZj4SpI

Anyone else make frag videos? This is insanely fun and i want to learn more about editing clips like this to make them easier to parse while still being fun to watch

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

real dilemma posted:

I don't make frag videos but I do edit quite a bit of non-frag video, if you're looking for advice I'd say remember that anyone watching these videos in the first place probably already has an appreciation for watching CS. So in some places it looked like you wanted to add some effects/fades or speed up the action where you should be letting the game speak for itself, imo (you can also use the in-game gunshot sounds for emphasis on kills). Related to this, I think you should always include the crosshair in frag videos. I think there are also some readability issues with the text overlays but you can probably take care of that just by adding some drop shadow.

On the topic of audio - it's clear to me that in certain places you wanted to edit to the music, but I thought that took away from the overall quality of the video in certain spots because it didn't quite work - for example in the last clip you slowed it down so that the last shot hits with music beat but the result is this kind of slo-mo lingering on top of the bomb that just feels a bit off. I love editing clips to fit the music so I get it, but sometimes it just doesn't quite work the way you want it to, so don't sacrifice quality just to hit a beat.

I think you do a good job with the "photography" aspect and sprinkling in the third-person shots - you could consider using some of that to break up the monotony of long breaks in the action when you're showing someone's play, for example in the Swift clip you show him running to graveyard and then just sitting there for a while doing nothing. Instead of speeding that up or just letting it go you could also switch to another shot and then back to cut away a bunch of that idle time (8 minutes is on the long side for total length).

There's also an element of "flow" to editing that I think you'll have more fun experimenting with as you go - different structures for presenting the clips; assembling clips of varying length with different types of action and then selecting music to put it together as an audio/visual story - a big part of that is just accumulating a lot more source material to work with (for example you want some clips that are good fast 3-4k rounds, clips of good individual flick shots, as well as longer rounds of good plays that are aces or clutches). I'd recommend keeping all of these clips that you're using for practice and I think you'll find it a lot more fun to edit when you have more to choose from down the line. But obviously it's also good to practice with what you have and you definitely did a good job especially considering you're new to it.

e: I didn't mean to come off too critical I really think you did a good job I promise

This is actually exactly what i was looking for. I'm not sure why i didn't include the crosshair. I've been watching a lot of csgo vids that don't have it. I think i was focusing more on the kill than crosshair placement.

There is a lot of dead space i really should have cleaned up. I just wasn't sure how to manage the change from place to place without just showing them running there. The third person/following camera thing is probably what i should have done.

And yeah i didn't have anything saved so i just begged goons for clips. Some were better than others.

Thanks for the effortpost i really mean it.

E: i was so focused on making everything fit the music i did butcher quite a few kills.

Diqnol posted:

No spiros 0/10 but also that video harkens me back to cal forum team hype videos, good work

I remember these videos. Oh god.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Hiko is the most overrated "underrated" player in the scene. I've been saying he's mediocre while thooorin and NA have been sucking his dick.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Here's a video for Goon TSwift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXtO-hMRYiM

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Calls i routinely make:

*on getting a rare kill* "i'm so good it's insane"
*on being caught out of position immediately afterwards* "i'm so bad oh my god 99 in 4 what the gently caress is this gun i didn't even hit the other one 2 long"

How that should have been called
"One dead long"
"2 more long one has 1 hp"

Will i make those calls? God no.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Frantically shout "behind you!!" when dead so your teammates turn around and you can laugh at them.

Go with the more subtle, "you heard him"

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Where's that idiot with the bad liquid tattoo. He should have gone to this guys artist.

Full control my friend

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

He's the hero we deserve.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
They have lowered the price to ensure people buy it so they can get good testing numbers with it. It will be nerfed into oblivion again soon don't worry.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

yolandi posted:

Haha yeah, it was great to see him play and see what the fuss is about.

Alternate version: sucks its been 2 years and still no-one better? C'mon NA.

My take on this is, the NA scene immediately grabs anyone with a hint of talent and puts them on salary. Then there's almost a culture of coasting until you're kicked or the org drops you. The last few years i've seen a lot of names come and go off na teams and some teams pick up these kids with nutty numbers, they have two nutty games and then they just sit in the middle of the team. I really feel like old ibp, c9(back when it was coL) and maybe clg were the last chance na had at being good because the salary sucked so they had something to prove. Also they didn't stream european trucker for 13 hours a day. Shroud has sucked for a full year.

Also manajumas but i just loved minikerr and shroud when they were on a team. Also irukandji.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Holy poo poo. North got sent home by loving Chiefs.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

CLARPUS posted:

Australian team Chiefs just knocked out North from IEM. North's only win was against Optic in triple overtime. Optic is playing with Hazed as a stand in.

About half way through Henry G says something like, "I don't know why we've given them this legend status. They're not a top team." And then magiskboy went and took a rage piss and then they lost to what was essentially a series of double fakes.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
Well it's nice they are giving premier teams a chance at some money. Good for Virtus.Premier

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

Up Circle posted:

i asked unreal how i should have played that situation differently and he said loving KILL YOURSELF NEXT TIME YOU RETARD

10/10

Fixed to make it more accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyCleverWasabiPoooound

Gear