Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Finally got back into cs after a 2 year hiatus and was de-ranked from MG into silvers. I never smurfed back then, but I'm having a blast. Most of them don't know any maps besides Dust2 or what to do if they've been smoked/flashed. Toss a good smoke on Nuke and you're gonna have a fun time.

It's gonna suck once I get back into the novas. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

dex_sda posted:

someone should make a 1v1 map where you gotta jump around on ladders and if you fall you die. sick idea

that's going to be in ricochet 2

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

i spent nearly a decade not getting enraged/deeply depressed every night because i can't click head and instead made lots of strong, enriching friendships, spent more time playing the guitar as well as improving my career skills, got engaged, traveled the world.

now i am playing this game again.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

just loving up flashes and waiting for death

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

I have a comment on my steam profile that says something along the lines of "obvious walls but a nice guy" and I proudly keep that one.

:3:

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

ilmucche posted:

Classic force buy every round. I think convincing a team to take an eco is Impossible

i refuse to force on an obvious eco in solo matchmaking. if someone on the team forces i'll just bait for them instead

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

ilmucche posted:

What keybinds do you use? I still have walk on shift and duck on ctrl.

i keep everything fairly stock but use the numpad for common buy commands (armor on num 0, ak/m4 on numenter, grenades 1-4, kit on decimal, etc)

ilmucche posted:

How effective is ducking when stepping out? I get caught a lot by someone strafing out and then ducking under my shots.

i wouldn't bother since it'll take longer for you to reset your aim. combine that with spray patterns normally requiring you to pull down on the mouse and lower level players drooping their crosshairs toward the ground add up to you being headshotted more. you're better off working out ways to reduce your need to peek unprotected

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

might be the banana pick in both clips that lulls the Ts into false sense of security

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

ArfJason posted:

I landed a sick 6 bunnyhop string in matchmaking and the guys spectating me immediately accused me of hacking and many rounds later kicked me. Good stuff

did you blast "imaginary places" by busdriver over mic? they won't kick if you do that

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

:stare:

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

i wanna get into this new counter strike but i will not suffer getting a mm rank in cs:go. i only want to suffer in the new game

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

mcvey posted:

roachx sighting rip

i'm sure goonmans haven't been the same without voting him captain while he's on a smoke break

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

does anyone have that old goonman clip where i think his name was cornet buys on an eco, runs a full circle around the map and then mows down his teammate

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

lmao i forgot he runs around with a smoke in his hand the entire time. what a g

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

what sens should i set my touch screen to

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

can you still bind buys to keys? i've never used the buy menu in a counter strike

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Big L posted:

Yes you can but some of the values have changed.

I used the info in this post to change my own binds. Hope this helps!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3029445264

this is helpful, thanks. i agree with the op that the binds should be switched to slot 1 etc instead of famas/galil, but it's only a minor pain and might get patched eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

teammate: where is he

me: