Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The other big hubbub is changing to MR12 instead of MR15

Spooooooky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I picked up and stopped playing CS back in like 2017 because I couldn't handle the MR15 for everything; each game took forever. The stakes were too high due to the time needed for a game. As a result, people were toxic as it felt like a gross misuse of time.

I just returned to CSGO and have had a better time with the Short Competitive game mode. First to 9 rules for a casual baby like myself.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The cruel irony. I picked up CSGO again and have been playing with my brother in law. I have about 90 hours split across about 30 hours the last 2 months or so, and a bunch of time in like 2017.

My brother in law has about 1700 hours strewn about over the last decade.

I got into the CS2 Limited Test last night. He didn't. Oh Valve...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Any tips for those games where you can't seem to get momentum going? Some games I'm keeping pace with everyone on the team, either 2nd or 3rd on the scoreboard then others I'm bottom fragging with 50% of the damage due to just getting absolutely merked on entry/first angle

Just the way she goes? What do you do to try and get some momentum?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

ilmucche posted:

The famas feels pretty good in cs2

famas recoil after the first bullet

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Pandaal posted:

Or on nuke if you wait at the bottom of the stairs at secret. Nobody ever expects it.

brb buying a name tag and naming my mag-7 "the inquisition"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Grimthwacker posted:

Explain to me how Dual Berettas aren't better than the P250 at apparently the same price now.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Negev usage dropped through the floor causing wide spread panic on the Bratatat Negev market index

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What are the top 3 smoke grenades I should learn

I've learned with much appreciation from teammates

Inferno
Smoke CT from truck (banana)
Smoke left side from main (arches)

Vertigo
Smoke backside and sidehall from a ramp
Smoke b CT from b main
Molly a ramp from crane

Overpass
Smoke monster tunnel from bin at CT spawn

Mirage
A stairs smoke
Window

Anubis A main from camera

Every map I try to learn a new one while dead/waiting for folks to load.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

those earbuds were the currency item for a while weren't they? Like everything was priced relative to buds?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Coming back to CSGO and now CS2 is a breath of fresh air. I'd say 98% of mic talkers I've interacted with are friendly and cool.

I, however, despise 2 stacking in premier and having the other 3 solo qs all self-mute themselves and never talk. Makes for extremely annoying games.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The reward is selling the case on the market or waiting until it becomes more valuable. Cases I had earned through play that were about £0.40 when I last played CS:GO were like £6 when I came back to CS2. Opening whatever is inside will be less valuable mostly likely.

Someone close to me has part of his investment portfolio consisting of about $7K worth of Cases that he bought for about 1K back a few years ago or so. I'm not certain on the timeline.

It's really bonkers. He has this one storage thing where each case in there was $80

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

i got my pretty five-seven purple skin for like $0.04

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

This game's current online discourse is a potent mix of the gamerbrained whining new=bad, the game's foundational features still being in development, and straight up misinformation. It's actually hilarious. I went to browse r/globaloffensive for some laughs and someone was so gamerbrained that they claimed to have discovered how to "remove subtick" by capping their client's fps to 64 so that they could see what the server was seeing

people on /r/globaloffensive were pissed that they took out the lovely battle royale mode when they went to cs2 lmao

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

cs2 is a lot more fun when you don't give a poo poo about ranking.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

anytime I hit 4k I just get lovely teammates no mic havers "Sorry boys i don't know anubis at all im bad" players and get sent back down to 3500 where it's a bit better.

I'm sure they'll tweak the ranking stuff soon enough - it's kind of bonkers.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Vertigo is so good.

CT Side XM Mid rush gogogogo

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Vertigo is amazing

Just get absolutely cracked at XM shotgunning mid rush. Bounce a flash on the floor and push like a real man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

s1mple couldn't adjust to CS2. Maybe that's his cover for burnout or whatever, but he did get paid fleeced Falcons a shitload of money for what amounted to a single bo3 match where he promptly farted. Notably they played Vertigo as the decider, it was s1mple's third time playing that map in a competitive manner; even one of those other matches was a showmatch.

Get paid, Oleksandr, get paid.