Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

All the gold that was posted in the last thread. The thread title. I'm very disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I solo queue because when I gently caress up and play like poo poo, I let down 4 other strangers instead of the people on my friends list :unsmith:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Alighieri posted:

Turn all graphics settings to low/off and lowering the resolution should help a lot, a few updates ago they reset every ones graphics settings with a new auto detection setting because valve.

Also I am pretty happy with still being DMG after the changes a few months ago to rankings, games are a lot closer and have less wild swings in skill gap between players unless a rare smurf appears.

This thread boosted my FPS by a lot.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

Without the lovely case that came with it, hopefully.

Also put Workout in Reserves because god I loving love Workout.

Firestarter, Cartel and the Grinder? How does it feel to be Objectively Wrong?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

That's probably because mat_queue_mode defaults to -1, which means the mode is automatically selected. Your game was probably using mat_queue_mode 2 already.

mat_queue_mode 1 has boosted FPS for people with processors that aren't i5 and i7. Worth a shot.

e: It should also be noted that you need to put mat_queue_mode X in your launch options and not in the console. It only refreshes when the game boots so just putting it in your console does nothing.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 9, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

IMO a lot of bad vibes happen in solo queue when someone outright comes out and says something like OMG loving noob orange why didn't you do <insert arbitrary action>. Most of the time if you're abnormally polite when pointing out something, as long as your point holds water, people will be receptive.

Some caveats to this: This advice does not apply if the person is under 16, is Russian, or is indeed a loving noob.

I was picking mid earlier when another guy walked into long and died to a push. He then called me out for not trading.

"Uhh dude I wasn't even close to you"

"gently caress YOU human being!"

:downs: Hard to salvage vibes from that.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

mcvey posted:

2000 hours of GO, countless hours of goldsrc CS, still bad

I think I like CS because it's the only shooter I've ever played online that I haven't dominated 99% of the matches I end up in. It's frustrating queuing into smurfs and sketchy dudes who wallbang you constantly but I guess that's part of the draw.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

I regret mentioning Tribes again.

I think you mean 1.2@400

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gaben. It's Thursday again. I want to give you $15. Where's my loving Operation?

Bohemian Nights posted:

team played our first league match, was pretty fun

Nice. Is that a goon team or just some of your e-bros?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

except he has played on pro lan since joining 2016.

One or two LANs don't make you a veteran, breh. That said gently caress C9. From what I've heard from sean and nothing it seems like everyone on the team but sean (rip) was lazy as gently caress and never watched demos or really trained outside of pugging. They deserve to get ground into the dirt if this is the case.

Freak doesn't know the console commands for infinite ammo or grenade trails FFS. If CS was literally my job, I'd know that poo poo inside and out.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 12, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Phosphene posted:

To be fair to c9, they did win both their maps and freak and stewie came alive in the second half of the first and did well in the second map.
But who give a poo poo this LG vs TL game is baller

As weird as it is to say, I really like Freak's outlook on entry fragging. I just suspect that he has an extremely poor work ethic.

I really hope LG pulls this out.

e: Coldzera :vince:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 12, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

exethan posted:

These look like some good UMP maps

Anytime I'm playing unfamiliar maps I always go with an SMG. Until I learn a single sightline then I rush it with flashes and a Mag7 every time :v:

\/ I still prefer the pre-patch CZ to any other gun currently in CS.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 13, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Yep. LG is pretty much the only chance two loving continents have at competing. Honestly watching Fallen coach an FPL pug back from a 3-13 deficit on cobble (who started as CTs) really made me realize why LG is such a threat. Dude's just smart. Not to mention everyone on the team can switch on at any time.

exethan posted:

not enough people play PC call of duty titles to support a comp scene

I still think the skill ceiling isn't high enough in CoD to support true competitive, uh, anything. The game really is just continued watered down garbage.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 15, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Can someone answer this question? Why and the ever loving gently caress is Thorin decked out like he's about to embark on a summit attempt on Everest for EVERY one of his loving videos? I could at least understand if all of his clothes had CSGO betting websites plastered all over them.

Someone setup a GoFundMe to get his heat turned on for fucks sake.

:wtc:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I turned it on at 15/15.

C9 had the bomb down with 2 alive. They both peek into the retake one by one. I can't believe they keep doing poo poo like that. I'm not even sure if they pop flashed first.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

Why do you watch his videos? Like, do people really sit down to watch an often completely wrong manchild talk about video games for half an hour plus?

I've clicked on, like, 8 posted in this thread or random reddit threads. I've watched listened to his content for a grand total of like 15 minutes.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

real dilemma posted:

also I hope everyone who was calling for sean to leave C9 feels really dumb and bad right now

Pretty much. It's one of those things where you don't realize how much work is being shouldered by a single individual until they're gone.

I bet Sean is having some pretty major catharsis from this whole ordeal.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I actually don't think that's fishy at all. He knew Taz was low, so he'd probably be hiding instead of peeking. That spot is extremely common to spam. The rest is just jiggle peeking and preaiming common post plant spots.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

No but turk still claims most pro players cheat, so yeah. :shrug:

I don't know about most but I'd be absolutely floored if someone (still playing) hasn't occasionally toggled something in all these months and years.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

yeah they're playing and practicing cs and every na player is streaming or daydreaming of streaming while they ask for a spot on the next 10 man

Yeah pretty much. I mean Fallen, apparently, runs classes where he focuses on various stuff like holding B site on cobble for a goddamn hour. I'd be surprised if anyone on C9 has practiced anything on cobble for more than that.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

NME qualified with the America's Champion qualifier. However, because of this rule, koosta will have to play with NME for the qualifier while Liquid will probably have to use adreN again. Same goes for the major from what I can tell. It's a very badly-worded Tweet.

It's a good rule. It prevents super teams from straight up buying people from competitors just so they can't compete.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

Makes sense. There's no better place for Toxic than NA.

:agreed:

If anyone sounds like they're under 21 I just instantly mute them at this point.

\/ The first words I heard out of 3 teammates (who were children) last time I queued was 'friend of the family' and 'human being' :smith:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 17, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

I'm trying so hard to sandbag post-rank shift and I can't drop below dmg no matter how hard I try

What's the secret

Tweak your settings so you're hitting ~20-30 frames. Start a torrent right when queue pops.

You're welcome.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I don't even know why I spam through Mirage's walls anymore. The tiny little plaster walls in apartments look like drywall but I guess it's concrete or something. I hit a guy 66 in loving 9 with an AK earlier :qq:

VelociBacon posted:

Honestly how big is the gap between most global elite players and average pros? Seeing as pros seem to lose GE matches at about the same rate as anyone else at that rank.

I do love that some people think GE's have magic powers. "Yeah he just auto'd three of us through a wall, he's probably just GE :downs:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

quote:

[GAMEPLAY]
– ARMS RACE
— The leader’s glow in Arms Race no longer shows through walls.

Hitboxes? gently caress that! Update of the century boys. Arms Race is playable again.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

mcvey posted:

Please don't buy this poo poo

wetblanket.txt

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

TBH as far as being a rip-off if eel like the operation coins are the least ripoff thing valve sells. At least it's blatantly obvious you're throwing money away to 'support development' as opposed to you thinking that you're getting something with material value

As much as I disliked Bloodhound's maps I realized after it ended I missed doing dumb missions. It's also kind of interesting to look back and see how many aces/wins/whatever you had at the time.

And everyone gets a chance at that Medusa or Dragonlore! :v:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

Hah hah holy gently caress.

I hope everyone hates it so I can pick up one for cheap.

But they wont :(

Also Nuke looks like Mirror's Edge and it is dope.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

@ Symbolic: you were the one who opens crates each new Op comes out, right? Let me know when you either 1. open a knife or 2. end up with all blues in a month :allears:

Crain posted:

Yeah, not gonna lie, playing the missions was fun. and like 90% of the reason I played anything but gun game and goonmans. Also the extra xp is nice for leveling up the account rank thing.

Still so happy that I made back the cost of the operation plus some bonus within like 10 min of getting it. Still wish they didn't have the two mission a day limit.

Those blitz missions seem interesting. but I'm going to miss 1 or 2 every day they happen since they're at 10am, 3pm, and 8pm. Not sure who those times are good for really...

Same here. Made back my Operation investment in my second DM. I like the mission format this time. Competitive Blitz + Casual missions should keep it interesting enough. I only work a couple days a week so I'll probably do the missions most days (unless it's Cruise).

Also if you get a crate or you're dumb enough to open one: for god's sake sell the skin. If you want to buy it back it'll be a quarter of the price in a week.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

MF_James posted:

Also, jesus my game is crashing like crazy, and I get weird graphics tearing whenever I scope, this poo poo is hosed up.

Are you an AMD user? The internet is telling me that you should play windowed.

e: Holy gently caress, it's been like an hour since I sold my case and the price has dropped by 2.50 :lol:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 18, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

PSA: Don't do Blitz missions unless you like the map it's on currently. You get TEN xp for each round win. That's it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Crain posted:

Won't have time to play one till tonight. How many points do you need to complete the mission? Or is it all just bonus XP for playing on new maps?

Just bonus XP. I did lose though, you might get slightly more bonus XP if you win. We lost 13-16 and I got 130 bonus XP. That's garbo.

The good news is all of the good skins are blue and mad cheap.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

What's the opinion of maps thus far? Royal is really, really growing on me. I like the long rotate time and combination of super close quarters/long sightlines. Cruise is bad. Santorini and Nuke are fun, though squeeky rush into B for T's still feels too easy.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

But I just played my first competitive match after hyping myself up. We tied it and I realize people actually are retarded.

Care to extrapolate? :allears:

I've had much better games now that the operation is on. No one gives a gently caress and everyone just chills and has fun.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

That's a 25% bonus on top of the regular MM exp (40 per round win) so....not that bad?

I was hoping there'd be a mini blitz campaign or guaranteed drops for winners or something. It's fine for what it is but XP is beyond worthless.

\/ The cross is beyond bad for A. Either you smoke and safely cross and completely concede the site to a rush or you try to cross and get picked ~50% of the time. I like the map for pistols and the round after that though! :P

fennesz fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 19, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Rereading my post it sounds bitchy whiney and that wasn't my intention. I actually like the format a lot. It'll keep people playing the newer maps, which is good, because the maps are good.

XP is just weirdly limited in CS because it literally doesn't matter.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

Empire is one of the worst maps I have ever played

That's a weird way to spell Cruise.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

That's also a weird way to spell Royal.

Royal is one of the best maps in the pool breh.

e: Wrong :colbert: Royal is dope and fun.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 19, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I love that he wasn't even in the game when he did it. He just jumped onto their mumble and started laying into him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

As far as I can see it, the operation only changes your one drop per week to one of the "wildfire" collections, it doesn't actually add anything else. So you still only get one drop per week, which is p. lovely. :saddowns:

I've gotten two drops this week. Pretty sure it's always two.