Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

metallicaeg posted:

What are those little packets that I've seen these players use in their hands between rounds?

hand warmers, i'm assuming it's pretty cold in those booths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Lumi off to a great start, but I've gotten so used to fnatic having like 11-13 rounds against them before they start crushing their opponents that I can't bring myself to get excited yet

god this feeling so many times over, how many finals have we seen fnatic down to just pause and come back.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

flusha almost doing flusha thing.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

can we say that Fallen is probably the best AWPer in the world after this LAN?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FNX :drat:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

NotLikeThis

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Here's a naked Zeus in a pool talking about why EnvyUs is a trash team now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4IsyNl-WI&t=196s

EnvyUs is trash because they've been playing dota2 instead of CSGO.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Geschwafel posted:

ayo im an expert knife trader and that karambit is a 35/5/60 at 221°, you got the P1P at 3:3.5 which is solid, but not a top roll, so like moneywise, expect to get a large strawberry shake and combo meal deal from portillo's, and i recommend the giardinera

yo Geschwafel, if you're not full of poo poo, you wanna give me some trading lessons? i'm loving kidding. it's obvious.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

It is probably -kio +summit

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

There is not a team in the world that can afford Summit. He makes way too much money streaming.

I know, I was pretty sad when liquid didn't have him stand in for the qualifier

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

VP is losing again

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

optic about to beat c9 twice tonight lol

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the fact that both cold and fallen can swap off on AWP duties makes LG so dangerous..

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Edit: yeah probably should remove that.

Photex fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 10, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I remember watching that live, just hearing the old school attitude that Nip had lots of loud WOOs after nearly every kill/round.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

It was a very different game back then. IIRC there were leagues that entirely banned smokes for a chunk of original CS because they performed so poorly on people's machines and had a tendency to crash you

I don't recall if that was a thing in CAL/CPL but I remember that being a thing in PG and OGL when those were things

Smokes were allowed in CAL/CPL but yeah it wasn't allowed in OGL

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

MF_James posted:

you could also shoot through everything (almost). Ts rushing B on dust2? Blast them through (what is now) the wall at car.

HEs also did fantastic damage even to armored opponents without having to hit the guy in the face with it.

I miss wall banging

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

my finest memory is watching lp|kane cry at a LAN after they got one and done'd by a PUG which included me and a few randoms.

edit: http://elite-pimps.com/match_history.php?view_match=80

rekt

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

LG's movement might be the best in the world, they dodge a lot of shots and make a lot of plays off of it. It's reminds me of top tier JW when he would be pretty unpredictable with his movement and angles.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

My only comment on the MLG groups is this: they look good.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Poor Niko, he is the only one that ever shows up for these games.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Please stop complaining about using two-step auth, the fact is it's the right way to do it whether you like it or not.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fennesz posted:

It doesn't work on a lot of phones.

What phones does the steam app not work on?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fennesz posted:

Any windows phone. Anything that's not a smart phone.

I don't have a smart phone so I have plausible deniability as to why I don't read coworkers emails outside of work :v:

okay so the extreme minority

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://oddshot.tv/shot/esl-csgo-20160313232712170

Finally Niko carries mouz to beat fnatic, their first loss on D2 all year.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smol posted:

Didn't even drop 38 this game, what a noob

he dropped 40+ against fnatic before, Niko is the definition of carry.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

-fRoD +Witmer after that scathing ESEA post basically calling for Warden's head and fRoD team cancer.

Backstory here: https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=747294&

edit: added the original post, Warden replies to the original poster on Page 7 and 8.

edit edit: lol

Photex fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 15, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fennesz posted:

It's honestly loving great. My boss gets irritated with everyone else if they don't respond to emails. I just tell him I was out of the house all weekend and he doesn't care. It helps that MY GIRLFRIEND has a smart phone for the important poo poo. (Valve ain't important)

all your co-workers hate you fyi.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

peanut- posted:

Isn't he playing at big LANs with locked down computers and cameras pointed at his screen? How would that even work?

edit: god drat it i can't say this poo poo.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sleppy posted:

Pretty sure he can't afford heat because being an e-sports historian isn't a real job.

everyone who is working in esports is doing pretty okay for themselves.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

if I was getting paid every week what I am getting paid to go to Columbus i'd be pretty OK with it, i'd imagine talent and hosts are making a good deal more than I am too.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Tevery Best posted:

Am I the only one who's under the impression that ESL casters collectively get crazy over fnatic? Like, they just spent 20 seconds praising JW for picking up the bomb and jumping up on Inferno grill while not being under fire and having his back covered by teammates.

To be fair they've been on top for close to two years now, it'd be stupid of them to sound Anti-Fnatic.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/columbus2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

NRG looking really good against EnvyUs right now

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

holy gently caress, clutch of the year right there.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

henne posted:

how long is ptr gonna be in nrg lol

jesus i hate to say it, Tabsen with this line up was really good.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I heard Nikosports showed up again today for another comeback

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Phone; anyone got a link?

http://www.hltv.org/match/2301372-mousesports-faze-esl-pro-league-season-3

13-2 comeback win on Cache, ChrisJ apparently showed up in the 2nd half big time.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

stewie: Hey freak see that smoke?

Freak: Yeah?

stewie: PUSH THAT poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

"It's no longer cloud 9 players running out alone into sites, now they're running in together"

stewie is a tactical genius

I chuckled when I heard them say this on stream, also immediately after stewie pop flashed in and died.