Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
I've gotten so used to playing goonmans and having teammates who actually communicate and cooperate and aren't total toxic pieces of trash that I've forgotten how to carry in solo q (because playing to carry when you can't rely on your team requires you to do some really weird/unconventional pubstar poo poo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

metallicaeg posted:

Carrying can make you feel like a boss though, I'm a GN2 and was queued with another GN2, and I think a S1, S3, and another S3 and they were just getting obliterated. We were behind bad T side on Nuke, and near the end I went on a rampage and had won us 5 rounds in a row with 3 or 4 kills each round up to a 16-14 defeat. Was dropping bombs on people on Inferno after that but we still had a close loss because even when you're above and beyond who you're fighting it's still tough to win when 3 of your teammates can't be relied upon to do simple things like trade an entry frag or even hold a position competently.

Speaking of goonmans though, I want to get into it but the OP is a bit of a mess with it. The buttmen brigade server isn't even found in the CS community search and the sub.io one was showing empty all last night when I was checking.

Buttmen Brigade is dead. Sub.io is used frequently, but we usually populate it with announcements through the steam group. Feel free to link the PGS thread in the OP.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
I just dragged three 14-year-old children through 29 rounds to victory. Almost all dead air was filled with the screeching of prepubescent voices trying to sound like Beavis while dumb, bad plays were conducted wholesale and without remorse.

I now understand there can be no god.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

symbolic posted:

Context

He also got fined a month's salary (~5.5K), half of which will be donated to PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center and the other half to Born This Way. He also has to go to an anti-bullying seminar which is :laffo:. A bunch of preteens and then this buff-rear end 20-something.

You're never too old to learn how to not be a stupid rear end in a top hat.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
These are the worst delays I've ever seen in a csgo tournament

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Why is it that so many aspiring twitch streamers are insufferable autists? If I ever meet one of these grown children in a match again I might just leave and save myself the hardened arteries.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Unbound posted:

I've got Sennheiser PC 323D G4ME for my headphones and a Blue Yeti Blackout for my mic.

How do you always sound like distilled rear end if you're using a Yeti?

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

I watched this happen live and I wasn't sure that I wasn't watching a 5v5 PUG between randoms and CLG.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
My experience with late-night premium faceit matches has been like 30x more positive than MM and I also don't have to install a root kit from a lovely company on my computer so yeah, it's pretty good.

SealHammer fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 22, 2016

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

metallicaeg posted:

The fire serpent is foul; best looking AK skins are, in order, jaguar, wasteland rebel, then the emerald pinstripe

Uhhhhhh frontside misty/point disarray hello??

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
My Rival has been going strong since I got it last year, the only issue I've had is the scrollwheel getting a little sensitive and the rubber on the thumb side getting a deep groove worn in it. I think I would find something with a textured plastic side if possible, but this thing is a solid A- for the $35 I spent on it.

In general though, just don't buy a Razer and you can't go wrong!

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Buller posted:

Sounds like youre just very rough with your mice.

It's been a recurring problem with the Rival. Just search up "rival thumb grips worn" on google and you'll find a million pictures. They just use cheap, lovely rubber.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I haven't learned one single smoke since the game came out yet I am a GOD

Look at this guy, gets a deagle ace and immediately lets it go to his head.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Hasn't F3 always had an absolutely insane CT side on cbble? Because I feel like I've seen this match before.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
I can't tell if these plays are terribly sloppy or terribly superb.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
triple overtime here we come!!!!!

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
what kind of face will dosia wear when he wins a major?

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

Played two games last night and both were rather close losses (12-16 and 13-16)...good thing both of those games had my teammates pissing away rounds for no reason (starting a defuse way too late / trying to knife the last guy in a 3v1, resulting in the guy killing the defuser and then everyone else) because otherwise we might have won!

For you silver and Nova goons, this happened on MGE. It never gets better.

There's a reason I bought FACEIT and only play premium queues now

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
http://oddshot.tv/shot/steel-tv-2016041051489

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Spiros posted:

The best way to get people to listen to you is to be personable. Rare exceptions when you get a csgo autist I guess.

My normal speaking voice has all the wrong frequencies in it so it just fades into the background with other noises, so I have to use my csgo autist voice in order to be heard. true story.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

henne posted:

Yeah I got a newic because people complained but now everyone ignores me so I don't know if it actually mattered.

just gotta do like me meow. yell all the time, everywhere, at everyone, for no reason other than to be heard.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
lol @ people saying new nuke is unbalanced. It's way more competitive since the update and anyone who thinks otherwise is just terrible at the game

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

aksuur posted:

You are literally the worst poster in this thread.

If you don't stop bad-mouthing my boy I'ma !rcon quit this thread.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
That video is magical. I love spangler's unique brand of upsetness.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Fnatic are really bad without olof. How about that

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
http://oddshot.tv/shot/steel-tv-2016051942141570

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Yeah he makes a lot of money doing what literal hundreds of thousands of people do for free every day.

Plus he's got his fingers crossed for professional Overwatch. Already on a team and making the right friends, former/current pro TF2 players and the like. It's probably the best thing for him as a person, honestly. He has a strong desire to compete and Overwatch doesn't make him miserable in the way CSGO does (yet).

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

MrSmokes posted:

steel and dazed and other streamers who rage are stupid assholes and I don't get why they're so popular. There's plenty of good players who don't rage that you can watch, why spend your time viewing these miserable fucks?

Steel might be a raging thundercunt but lmao if you don't realize he's the best igl/strat caller in NA and that's why people watch him

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Demostrs posted:

k1ng would have hit the shots pronax missed

the power of 144hz compels you!!

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Overwatch is just TF2 with none of the bloated lovely nonsense, just pure skill-shooting and class abilities. Harkens back to tfc in a way.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Cached Money posted:

Pulled this off today and got accused of hacking and I'm a little proud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwagdj3mi0

Also very glad to finally be out of the novas.

wowzers, i kinda wanna make a smurf account just to see how many hackusations i get

also the only thing overwatch has in common with tf2 and mobas is classes and teams. other than that it's not the same thing at all you fuckin dorks

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
aren't there people out there who play on the floor so they can get an even bigger range of motion on their mouse arm

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

Any chance the FTC plunges some assholes, between streamers and Valve?

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Open up the skybox over B from t spawn

If they did this I would actually want to come back and brave my lovely connection just to see what kind of crazy options this would open up.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
i paid absolutely no attention to this past tournament but hearing that lucas and henrique are continuing their reputation of constantly being drunk at the least appropriate times and thereby loving their teammates doesn't surprise me in the least. why do teams keep signing these idiots

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
they're gonna make it so you cant bang mid doors in the new and improved dust2

they're also gonna remove pit

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
don't show gaben that he'll patch it out quicker than set spray patterns

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Zohn posted:

I haven't touched CS in years, but all of the fuss I've been hearing about a new Dust (!!!) combined with general nostalgia led me to reinstall GO.

Discovered that you have to be a certain rank to start playing competitive these days, and was wondering what the quickest way to do so is for someone who has limited free time for grinding, and also never got above mid-silver at my peak.

Also, how wretched is voice chat these days?

new dust is garbage, don't get suckered by those hacks at valve
play lots of dm until your aim is not garbage

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
So they changed the way sound is calculated I guess and now everything that happens on the other side of a doorway sounds like it's been pressed through mud or something. It gives me a loving headache.

Who are these people that insist on making pointless lovely changes that nobody asked for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I usually use an smg or rifle depending on the map, and occasionally a shotgun, but the shotguns don't seem like they have the killing power they should.

I'm not a fan of the sniper rifles.

the only shotgun that is reliably good is the MAG-7, the M1014 doesn't hit as hard and costs more while the Nova is less accurate.

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQzMlnYq4w&t=150s

e: watch all of the videos