Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

So I've only played ~5 DM games of cs but I've watched probably ~60+ hours of cs on twitch. I caved and bought my 144hz asus monitor, a NAOS 7000, and a clown-sized mouse pad. I've read this OP, have watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials, have practiced sprays for the guns I'll use and have studied to know basically all call outs. I'm still nervous to play, and I realized.... some people don't do any of this. They just buy the game and play it. I don't know if this should make me more relieved that I won't be "bad" right away, or more nervous to play with shitheads who know ACTUALLY nothing. Lol gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

metallicaeg posted:

that's 60 hours you could have been playing to be Less Bad

Lol that's not it. I didn't start watching cs to get better at the game, I just watched it randomly one day and really liked watching it. about a week ago after watching 4-5 months of streams I bought the game and ya. I hear you though.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

qhat posted:

If you're worried about whether you are going to be bad or not, let me ease some of your concerns a bit: You are going to be loving horrendous.

I'm aware hahah. It's like say Golf, you can watch it and understand fundamentals of every part of the swing, but even if you've played 50 rounds you're still seriously godawful. When I said bad I meant "I've never picked up a club and don't know the rules of golf lets play this game!!!" bad. Looking back my post came across weird and like I expect to be good with all my Sweet New Counter Strike Gaming Equipment but not at all lol. I'm excited to start playing though

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

fennesz posted:

Totally fair. As someone who used to play call of duty, I just can't look past the org. So many autistic 12 year olds try to emulate that garbage. It's hilarious.

You want a csgo team to lose every match they play because kids on cod try to 360 no scope? I'm confused

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I'm pretty sure if there wasn't a cs team every one of the ~35 faze members would still be making videos lol

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Can anyone recommend a place to buy keys for cheaper than the community market?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Jeza posted:

That costs 239 Euros, which for our American viewers is roughly $8,000

It says 215USD for me lol

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

So how do coaches usually work in a tournament scenario? Are they calling strats or is someone on the team calling strats and the coach watches? If they do call strats are they telling individual people what to do during the round? Just curious since I only started watching cs recently

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

i bought $200 worth of keys and my fifth item was a FN Karambit Fade lmfao. i'm so hype and i don't have anyone else to tell. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pixels > real money

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

$200 worth of keys

I like what I like.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Whoops hosed the link up

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

fennesz posted:

Where the goods breh?

I didn't think people cared that much but here it is. And yes I just started playing the game lol. I have an addictive personality and the Money To Blow. I knew cases were a huge waste of money but I'm done opening them now.

e: float is .0242. Where is a good place to figure out the actual worth of it? csgoexchange says $396 but there's a lot of Fade's on opskins for $550-$650

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 6, 2016

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

exethan posted:

you need to take a screenshot of it in game or being inspected because there are several different "fades"

Hahahah whoops

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

exethan posted:

i dont know which pattern that is but im pretty sure its a desirable one since it doesnt have any yellow. take a picture of the play side now

I feel stupid making so many posts of this because I don't know what I'm doing but here it is

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Taking adderal out of cs ruined it

How did they take it out? Do they actually do piss tests now?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

my dumb question wasn't fully answered and I'm curious. Are there urine tests now at major tourneys? Someone said "not having adderall ruined cs". I know it was a joke, but can someone who's prescribed adderall compete on high level games?

And uhhh, I'm new but love dirt and wanna know names from the last 2 years that I'd recognize. Who's in love with Tina Turner?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

symbolic posted:

...Like, pro player-wise?

ya

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

symbolic posted:

Uhhh, okay. I'm still slightly confused though: Are you asking for pro players that are still playing that you know from the tail end of Source and 1.6, or are you asking for players that you should get to know?

No lol im asking about players in the last two years that are known for abusing amphetamines

E: oh woah, I thought tina turner was a popular phrase for speed, but i looked on urbandictionary and only one result showed up. ya, speed + cs players is what i wanted to know

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 12, 2016

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Smol posted:

Semphis of ex-Cloud9 fame slipped out that his team was using Adderall during ESL Katowice 2015. That's the only public case.

That was the one video i remember seeing, he said they were all on adderall.

goldblums eyes posted:

my dumb question wasn't fully answered and I'm curious. Are there urine tests now at major tourneys?

Is basically what I want to know

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

He's a little bitch for walking in the aisle and turbulence hit or because he wants to have surgery right away on his broken foot? I'm assuming he was flying to where he was gonna play.

Idk all the circumstances but either way that would suck to have a broken foot on a plane that's bouncing around.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

This was a troll right? Cuz idk why someone would try to shake hands when the person is talking with their eyes locked to a camera lol

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Buller posted:

lol @ people believing pro CS players are hacking, did you believe pro cyclists were using doping as well?

So you're saying 56% of cs winners have been caught or admitted to cheating? Your post doesn't make sense any way you look at it

E: you could argue adderall is cheating/doping but that's not what's being talked about

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 15, 2016

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Photex posted:

everyone who is working in esports is doing pretty okay for themselves.

Ya, idk anything about pro csgo but if you're talking at a panel during most finals you're not strapped for cash. Historian is a silly term but ~*~*~*

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

fennesz posted:

If I could make a living by writing mediocre articles, making lovely tweets and getting flown to Poland every 4 months to talk about how bad NA CS is - I would.

It's a good gig if you can get it. Don't hate the player hate the uhh thing people hate

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I hope he ends up autoerotic asphyxiating himself to death with that loving scarf.

haha nice

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

surc posted:

Which thing, Richard Lewis, or Thorin?

Idk who I meant I shouldn't have been on the internet talking to other people last night lol.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Does he say fag or fan I really can't tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

My favorite thing about this is how confident he still is after the room's soul leaves it's body