Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

please finish this now germany

NEIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Demostrs posted:

by the way, this game is the primo example why mr5 is a better ot system than mr3

I don't disagree, but I remember playing a game with mr5 OT that went 41-39. Let me tell you, it hurts some to go to yet another mr3 OT, but it drains your whole soul to have play consecutive mr5 overtimes.

Maybe there's some maths that shows that on average mr3 OT takes up less rounds and time than mr5 despite having a higher chance to go to double-triple-quadruple w/e

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

"I'll leave just after I catch the end of this game."

- my grave

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

the new meta is being in a 2 or 3 vs 5 is actually an advantage, and your chance of winning the round goes up 90%

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I feel mouz closing in on it. Feels like they keep almost getting there, something has to give...right?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I tuned in when the score was like 14-5 in favour of F3 and I thought it was a pretty awesome game to watch. So so many clutch plays and individual moments with one player keeping their team in the tournament. Yes there was "sloppy" play, but almost every single good moment of CS is built off sloppy play anyway. The sloppiness was almost entirely around what the teams were doing rather than what individual players were doing.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

It'd be cool if we got a proper Round Robin group stage and an Upper/Lower bracket tournament. Not particularly keen on how these majors work.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Four decent looking bo3's on the cards today as well. I'd be happy with mouz or NiP, hoping for G2 and Gambit, and I'd just love to see fnatic go out. Seeing fnatic lose is really just the best thing.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

top half of threat's face looks like get_right. weird

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Dropping items for...

Dr.Mengele

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

symbolic posted:

Why is chrisJ so bad.

well it all goes back to mouz failing every LAN event they have attended

e: oh apart from third tier acer pred masters

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I've watched CS for quite a long time, and I can't remember a clock loss round so awful. Usually it's a close run thing or there's some explanation. Just watching CLG do nothing and losing like that was like...what the gently caress?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

What kind of monster supports fnatic??

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

whodatwhere posted:

rip nip. 5-1. first round win. triple awp. lulz

think it was probably a mistake, Xizt unaware that two players had saved AWPs already when he took GuardiaN's?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

astralis v lg final, pls

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

ArfJason posted:

jesus fuckin christ i know overpass favours the cts but 8 rounds in a row against fnatic

didnt this already happen in another major? like won CT half on overpass 12-3 then lost next one 13-2 or something? I have weird deja vu anyway

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

this eco wtf

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

money situation for fnatic is dire though, losing almost every player every round

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

dennis has been so unlucky this game whenever I've watched his POV, seems like he just gets shot in the back or side every time he's about to do anything lmao

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Up Circle posted:

that trophy is ugly as sin though id be ashamed if i were a trophy manufacturer,

but its made of karambits

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

That post match interview holy poo poo lmao

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

This could be good because NA teams love to fumble random rounds, so any team could take any map!!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

hahahahahah suck it up sissy

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Stumbletron posted:

if you hate fnatic why the hell are you watching pro cs

they were the only team who were good at it for so long

?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I'll decide whether I want Liquid in the final if they look like they can compete against Na'Vi or Astralis. That's a big if though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

drat I have to miss this OT :C

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

There's another super team worth of danes floating around, but their scene is traditionally pretty unstable. Except Astralis I guess.

Didn't get to see the games today sadly, seen the desk say Na'Vi won all 4 pistols which much have been pretty crushing. Weird for them to take Inferno so close yet to get stomped on dust2 as well.

Demostrs posted:

if i were astralis i'd probably do -cajunb -xyp9x +kjaerbye +magisk, get some new blood in and hope that the choking impetus leaves the other three

Unironically I'd cut any other player except maybe Karrigan before I cut Xyp9x from that squad. Device seems to choke in big games way more, and there's no shortage of sick aim talent in Denmark to replace their fraggers. Xyp9x is a nuts clutcher, amazing support, and consistent against any team, any time it seems like. If anybody wants to learn how to be good at CS and doesn't have freaky mutant raw aim talent, just watch that kid with the giant forehead.

I just checked the stats and he top fragged against Na'Vi in the series. I don't really think he is the problem, it's the supposed stars of the lineup who just stop delivering in semis.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

He went for the knife...badly

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

That second scout headshot *sweats profusely*

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

counter strike nooo

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

At least that wasn't their map pick. Lumi probably sense blood now after that crumble.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

s1mple crossing himself after that one usp lol

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

This is the most NA of self-destructions. Gotta be one of the biggest chokes in CS history, maybe the biggest.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Both GuardiaN and olofm's hand injuries mean they are pulling out of Malmo looks like. fnatic looks to be pulling out entirely, and Na'Vi not sure yet? Turns out playing lots of videogames can gently caress up your hands.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I'd literally never stop laughing if one day Valve just implemented something that rendered skins worthless. It would be the most glorious spergsplosion in the history of the internet.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

I don't understand the "take this out of the game Valve" stuff. Well I do, it's the crying of someone trying to blame 1 double kill on choking away 19 other perfectly good chances to win a major, but what are Valve supposed to do about it? Make it less random? more random? Either one doesn't solve the problem of jumping/lucky hits.

NtotheTC posted:

That was my point though. So you move the decimal point, weapons get more innacurate while jumping, people still jump and shoot wildly because you can get lucky, so these lucky shots still happen. All that changes is how far away the crosshair was from the target when they got lucky. You can either have it luck based (what we have now) to a greater or lesser extent or entirely skill based (no variance). People will complain about both.

Jumping accuracy is fully loving stupid in CS:GO and basically has been since day one. A jumping AWP shot should be a loving Christmas miracle, even when they are close range. Try pulling that in 1.6 and Source and you just died for nothing. Your point about if it is more inaccurate, people will still do it anyway is just complete nonsense. If it almost never works compared to works pretty often, then people won't attempt it nearly as much (like in 1.6/Source when people rarely tried jump frags). Like, jumping for information beside A site on D2 is now the absolute norm, previously it rarely happened.

I probably die to some bullshit jump kill at least once a game. The only reason people should be jumping around corners is to not die to an AWP.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

mcvey posted:

What's next coL.kcer?

e: guardian out for Malmo, replaced by starix

Speaking of, we just played the sickest faceit game ever. Dust2, lost CT half 2-13. Getting trashtalked like gently caress. Lose pistol round on T half. Force it up and win. Then somehow tooth and nail all the way to 15-15. 5th has to go and we have to play OT 4v5 and we still manage to close it out 21-19. Feels like we won CS.

Also I have Surreal on my friends, played against him many times. He plays a lot of shoot mans. Played his team in his own league a few times too. They weren't very good.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Jump scout is fine, it's jumping everything else that matters. Jumping AWP should be like 1% to hit or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ex6 kicked from G2, replaced by bodyy. Fresh blood I guess, never heard of him before. Ex-LDLC White apparently.