Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i wonder whats gonna become in 2 years of the guy that bought like seven billion op vanguard cases now that they are no longer dropping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

2000 hours of GO, countless hours of goldsrc CS, still bad

i had a blast in the approx 6.4 grillion hours i played 1.6 but my regret is having most of that time be 12v12 not realizing how fun 5v5 is.

one thing i dont regret is kz. always be kzing

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

nice thread title arf tou loving human being

:troll:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Ferret King posted:

Oh that reminds me. Regarding strafe jumping in the last thread. You mentioned adjusting my sensitivity. Is that generally an adjustment toward higher sensitivity for KZ maps?
depends i guess
for example, i play 800dpi 1 sens and that isn't nearly enough for even simple jumps where you strafe around a corner. but at 2, I can do pretty much all jumps i set out to accomplish, except for extremely demanding stuff that i need to bunnyhop for.
basically if you're one of the people who plays comp with very low sens, it will be a pain to kz properly unless you up it a bit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
PC: hey you ready for me to start up windows update without warning and shut down your pc mid match YOU BET YOU ARE

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
logged back into my main and the windows update shutdown cost me my rank :V

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Usp 4k headshot but one of my teammates didnt notice and killed the last guy
Next game an ace but it was p90 second round so it doesnt really count
Next game a true real ace with one frag resulting from my teammate flashing me in really well
I love this game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
code:
//Ninja Bind
bind "h" "findthebomb"

alias findthebomb "findthebomb_on"
alias "findthebomb_on" "gameinstructor_enable 1; alias findthebomb "findthebomb_off""
alias "findthebomb_off" "gameinstructor_enable 0; alias findthebomb "findthebomb_on""
Activates the gamehelper to point out where the bomb is if it's smoked

code:
//Damage Text/Mapname Scripts
developer "1"
con_enable "1"
con_filter_enable "2"
con_filter_text "Damage"
con_filter_text_out Player:
con_filter_text_out "game:mapgroupname"
con_filter_text "game:map"

bind "l" "displaydamage"

alias displaydamage "displaydamage_on"
alias displaydamage_on "con_filter_text "Damage Given"; echo "Damage Given Script Activated"; con_filter_text_out Player:; con_filter_enable 2; developer 1; alias displaydamage "displaydamage_off""
alias displaydamage_off "echo "Damage Given Script Deactivated/MapName Activated"; con_filter_text_out "game:mapgroupname"; con_filter_text "game:map"; alias displaydamage "displaydamage_on""
Having a bit of trouble with this one
It starts by enabling some extra console output with developer 1, plus allows to filter console stuff into the main game screen. With a bind, it allows me to switch between two filters: One is for "game:map" which, if you're a lobby leader, allows you to know what map you're going to play when the ACCEPT button appears. Not super important but kind of a cool parlor trick. The other is much more useful, as it prints out all the Damage Given to: <player> lines from the console into the main screen, so you don't have to open the console after every death. For some reason, after hitting the bind to switch back to the mapname script, the game filters "game : map" instead of "game:map", making the mapname part completely useless. No idea why it does this.

code:
//Duckjump Script
alias +dj "+duck;+jump"
alias -dj "-duck;-jump"
bind space +dj
Self explanatory, makes a perfect DuckJump on every spacebar. Has some marginal usefulness in comp, but it's perfect for kz.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
btw if you dont want any complicated bullshit and just wanna see enemy damage

developer "1"
con_enable "1"
con_filter_enable "2"
con_filter_text "Damage"
con_filter_text_out Player:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hey thats a cool idea

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh yeah forgot to clarify. Map thing only works as lobby leader.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
What are you talking about! 1.6 is still good independent of csgo!! Dumbass!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

lets not cause rlewis is good and i wish icould fight Super pro Fucker Nerds at the shooter game that is 100% based around luck due to the randomization in bullet patterns.

I wish I could wrestly McVey is what I am SAying.. I'm going to chokeslam McVey in the Snow.

Your posts are more thoroughly painful than multiple sclerosis you fucker homo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Up Circle posted:

is it cool to call ppl homo again in ur part of the forums?

When Ricky Martin, Elton John, Freddie Mercury, Ellen Degeneres and Oscar Wilde put together their Dolce Gabana rings the resulting homo energy creates you, aka, Captain human being.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
somehow you're less liked than the guy that got caught cheating while boasting about his mumble crosshair p90 account and the guy who plays so bad hes indistinguishable from full on ibp style throwing that resulted in his repeated bannings from threads/servers and that's quite an achievement

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
btw: homo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its spelled guchi

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah but he did it without the epic and hilarious head horse meme snipe

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Huh, for me its always been between almost instantaneously and 2 minutes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

qhat posted:

The only people you should be convicting are people who are rage hacking or who are literally staring at people's heads through walls

Not referring to anyone in particular, but its interesting to me how people interpret "beyond any reasonable doubt".

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

qhat posted:

previous matches where you lost against a now VAC banned cheater are nullified and you get your rank back.

ding ding ding ding

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
you dont get your rank back because it only nullifies games where the guy gets vac'd/you queued with a vac, but if you deranked and then lost games down there... no amount of cheater bans will bring you back from losing vs legit novas.....

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Smol posted:

Just came from work. How has NiP been playing? Any cool new strats?

[cantankerous old man at the backseats] OOOOLDDD!!!

(it's a really great play)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

real dilemma posted:

fer beat fnatic by himself

fer is so good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
finally got to play nuke on my underwhelming mid 09 pc and it doesnt dip any frames
its good to be game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i dont think i can remember how many years of counter strike i've played, but you gotta stop thinking about years (cause during that time period people have played stuff like casual (when being a fresh noob),kz and surf) and you can really polish aim in a short time if you focus on it

i think it's a whole hell of a lot more important to get the "feel" of cs right, aka, making the movement and inaccuracy mechanics second nature. The biggest "aim" problem people have is not understanding that their shots are flying to a corner of the screen because they weren't completely still/failing to stutterstep properly/just recovered from a jump/tried to tap too fast/etc, which causes them to miss a shot and go "my aim is terrible oh no"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah one thing you also gotta keep in mind is that you never truly get good, you just make dumb mistakes less frequently. Reach for that rainbow

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
today i had no shortage of bad times on cs
-arms race mission, where every time, EVERY time, I hit a guy for like 89 damage and some other stupid shithead sprays in his general direction and gets the kill, which is followed by a firing squad calmly strutting in line, preparing their arms, and making an impromptu belicose symphony with my body. of 4 games, 4 times i made it to knife moments before some idiot decides to honor the other leader's knifefight when they have a gun
-getting into matchmaking and despite doing 2 4ks back to back solo on b, a teammate wanted to kick me cause i got pushed from mid and I tried my luck at tunnels
-my keyboard going terry schiavo for no discernible reason mid game, couldn't even alt tab, it just didnt work. reboot.
-lag spikes in critical rounds, including an eco that results in a full b take that i cant participate in, making the numbers game not in our favor
-I got the last round 3v1 down to a 2v1. Alas, someone used my pc while it was in my hometown and put the loose A key back in its place. It came off as i faced the absolute shittiest awper who couldnt hit me on long despite my handicap of only being able to strafe right. but i was too distracted to land the shots because i couldnt strafe left

I am a calm man but sometimes i believe someone is testing me

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Man, I'll be sorry to see this flashbang mission go. It's basically a free wallhack as it updates mission progress on the fly.

*does pop flash into d2 b from mid*
+9 Mission Progress!
WELL,

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Pele rey de futebol maradroga lixo lixo filho da puta nossa meu deus nossa pele

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sterster posted:

Is this going to be a new boost gate? I didn't think you were allowed to do 3 person boost?

if you do a 3 stack, the game makes the top guy slide off the 2nd guy, towards wherever he's aiming. If you bunch up against a corner or a wall you can have the guy look at the corner or the wall.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
watching fnatic vs lumi on overpass
man, what a game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

He is tho?????

idg this thread sometimes jfc

The gbs contrarian school of comedy and Games forum aids mixed together

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Garfu posted:

One day I'll go through all of the hard drives at my parents house and find that folder of hundreds of match screenshots from those days.

Somewhere on a warehouse theres a 4gb hard drive full of young arf's 1.6 acreenshots

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
moved and this connection blows loving dick

rip a fun and enjoyable csgo run

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Masturbation and decreased performance in cs:goDiscussion (self.GlobalOffensive)
submitted 3 hours ago by Tk_-
DISCLAIMER: This is a serious topic

I've always masturbated quite frequently throughout my week and whenever I "get off" I feel relieved as one should. But what if this is decreasing my accuracy or reaction times when it comes to CS:GO? A very famous fighter that goes by the name Muhammad Ali said that he would never "make love" to his wife while training or getting prepared for a fight, this would in-turn make his fighting better as I will explain.When you ejaculate you release a hormone called "Testosterone", when this is released you would naturally feel better and calmer. This is not what a fighter like Muhammad Ali would want, he would want to be on his toes and ready for whatever comes at him. So why not apply this logic to CS:GO and other games who require concentration to play? Has there been any evidence towards this kind of issue? Maybe this is all irrelevant and I am in no way saying you should stop masturbating saying it would make you better at CS:GO, but maybe it could.

NSFW118 commentssharesavehidegive goldreport

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
reddit ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

It's there to prevent Russians with literally nothing to do all day other than phosh for accounts from getting access to an account and selling all of the items for 2c to their buddy, not to prevent counting errors.

Its exactly what this guy is saying and i genuinely thought some of you werent saying the correct answer for the sake of some really bad comedy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Whether or not its the correct reason, accounts using authenticator still get phished This helps alleviate ones that only need the password, but it doesn't truly solve the issue which is a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Arf do south american people call the auto "Teco Teco" ?

Yeah and it sounds dumb as gently caress imo i think its originally a br term that spread, in 1.6 i just heard "automática"