Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
There is an arg slang that i never deciphered cause i thought was really dumb but it was related to a sniper rifle, "matagatos". Gato means cat but it can also mean a slutty woman, effeminate man, selfish, rear end in a top hat or some rando. I guess depending on the context it can be understood as fagkiller or whoremurderer? Dunno, its all so lame and gay...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Up Circle posted:

yo dude i was asleep earlier so I wish i was here to save you from this but logic and reason dont work in this thread.

committed to being a human being 24/7 about a first person shooter videogame lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Up Circle posted:

your posting gets better every day too bad ur cs doesnt XDDDDDDDD

*disinterestedly leafing through pages of a book* human being, turn your screen on, aids

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the thorin guy is insufferable because he wants to be "the controversial one" and everyone loving bites and it works imo
the scarves dont matter

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Xenaero posted:

That's an ok lineup. I can't wait to see how FalleN performs, though.

yeah if i were to do the whole sticker thing id go with fallen or jw for sniper

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
ya guardian is not a bad choice

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Photex posted:

I heard Nikosports showed up again today for another comeback

Phone; anyone got a link?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

mcvey posted:

There are so many good resources nowadays for grenades and they're easy to learn there's no excuse to not know the most important ones.

"Hey does anyone else know the mirage smokes?"

*silence*

console quit

Seriously. Even at lem its a welcome surprise when i get 2 guys to help me fully smoke a

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

nftyw posted:

Of course it's slow as hell compared to doing the running throw

If you mean the one a couple steps away from the bottom of t spawn ramp i once spent 40 mins and i just couldnt get it consistently and i ususlly land the doubledoors-cat running xbox smoke

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

A TURGID FATSO posted:

alright so I hear surfing is supposed to be relaxing. I've never surfed before and I need to work on my anger issues, so can I get some recommendations for beginner surf maps?

kitsune, mesa, beginner, prelude, utopia, forbidden ways and Royal. just search for "tier 1" maps if youre a complete noob

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

fennesz posted:

I can still get drops via twitch this major, correct? I don't feel like stooping to go on MLG.com.

this major has drops!?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

fennesz posted:

Just got an eco ace on Mirage. Dude toggles on the other team and we don't win another round for the rest of the match :allears:

I don't know if this is going to work but I might as well try. They'll just be on while I'm at work anyway :getin:

it works in many ways, as long as each stream has a different twitch user logged in (incognito mode to make it easier)
i had my main on the pc and my alt on twitch for phone which got a cobble case

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Kz > surf > comp >>>> gungame >>>>>>>>>>>>> casual

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Up Circle posted:

anyrthing past tier 3 is way too difficult to be fun

Nah, you just need to put in some time in the mode. Oh and please everyone if youre gonna play kz and or surf raise your sens a notch or two or else youre gonna be super miserable

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Katana Gomai posted:

csgo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lovely 3d jump'n'runs shoddily cloned in csgo

Mirrors edge was cloned in tf2!! Noob!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
huh i thought this started on april.

I remember last major the DROPS ON THIS ROUND box had a guy called Art but i misread it because of lovely stream quality and got excited for nothing

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Maguro posted:

Someone else should get in sub.io group chat.

No...

NO!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

mcvey posted:

markeloff :negative:

yea no kidding
i wonder if he could have gotten somewhere if he had focused on keeping his awp game up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
lmao what a way to go, "mouse sports"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
who won i missed the second half and only got back just now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Bohemian Nights posted:

mous won cache, score is 1-1 and next map is overpass

thank god i was full of despair at the start with the 5 round streak from nip go mouz!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
"These guys are winning every single aim duel. I know what I must do, push bathroom close quarters while double scoped."
-Chris "Daddy Fat Sax" J

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Rosh posted:

Same.. after having KennyS totally screw me over 2 days in a row.

kennys makes me sad because he used to be the posterboy for awping and now everybody makes fun of him

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Kwilty posted:

Are you really surprised that he gets made fun of.

Kenny Scrote

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
kenny scrub

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
putting the kenny guy on all 5 slots
the dream team. boom: entry fragger top frag most frags and frag champion every single slot will be adorned by young tony hawk crossing his arms in a new school of intimidation where you just kind of stare with your left wrist jutting out like a hosed up chicken drumstick

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i envy the kennys man. his skill with awp is maximum capacity. i desire him to teach me. i want to learn video game sniping from the guy whose arms are so white and thin that Carolina Herrera uses a cheese wire slicer to scoop up his skin for Wedding Veil material. i will spend money that could be used to heat up my tattered argentiniashanty on virtual stickers that semiotically signify my depositing of absolute trust on the french dark haired version of the nerdy kid from breakfast club for him to not break into chronic fits of bawling with a larger outflow than the chicago purification plant in the vain hope of attaining a garish and retarded 25x25 icon of corporate apathy a badge of honor that warns everyone not to trifle with the counter strike top #1 guesser

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Sexpansion posted:

Why do the players sit so close to their screens?

Is there a good explanation of all the different roles that players play on each team?

How did Richard Lewis get so fat? Do you think Thorin is embarrassed to hang out with him now?

e: never mind I know the answer to the last one, it's all the breitbart money

the firstone i dunno i guess you want to discern pixels as easily as possible and probably the game being intense on a round to round basis

like that guy said roles are pretty explanatory. Leader usually calls strats which involve which players take what routes and what to smoke off. Lurker plays unexpected locations hoping to catch someone off guard or when theyre running back into a site for the retake. Entry fragger is first in any site. Sniper is the guy that serves everyone coffee at the start of every round ("freezetime" called such because cs players often like iced coffee god knows why).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Sexpansion posted:

Are the players ordered by their roles? Like is the top person in the spectator UI always the leader?

Also GetRight used to be the best player in the world, right? Is he still good?

ui order doesnt have any particular logic other than probably the order people joined the server or alphabetic?
get right is still pretty good from what i saw but his team, nip, which used to be one of the best teams in the world, has been on a rough stretch lately. Currently the biggest winners are fnatic so keep a close eye on them. Their opposition has been lacking lately and they show no signs of slowing down

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
after like 3 weeks of not playing due to fear of lovely ping i finally got to enjoy csgo again it feels good except im ultra rusty and this new keyboard makes it awkward

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
man what even happened to vp, i remember when they were one of the biggest threats

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

trying to jack off posted:

i forgot to do a speed test while i was on my pc bu i just played a game with 7 ping

as long as my current environment maintains this chokeless connection, im fine with this the way it is

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
That round where they planted at the very last second was pretty great

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
jesus fuckin christ i know overpass favours the cts but 8 rounds in a row against fnatic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Jeza posted:

didnt this already happen in another major? like won CT half on overpass 12-3 then lost next one 13-2 or something? I have weird deja vu anyway

well yeah, it can happen, doesnt stop it from being pretty crazy when these guys stomp the best in the world

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Jeza posted:

this eco wtf

did kerrigan just ace?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the very second jw gets the awp they are screwed hardcore, which is gonna bite them hard on this ct side

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i wonder just how astralis will mess this 1v2 up now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

symbolic posted:

I didn't watch the stream for a minute and apparently Astralis clutched a 2v5? Is that right?

yes! basically the dead players tagged 3 fnatic players to 50 hp or less and then they finished them off and played the bomb really well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
intense game
please destroy fnatic