Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Pasha :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jesus man NEO has to be one of the most intelligent players in the game

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Fallen dragonlore drop incoming

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

how are VP so bad at pistols

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

drunken officeparty posted:

I don't know if it's because I'm literal garbage can tier here and was above average there but people seem to abandon games way more here than when I play dota. There's at least one bot by the end of a noticeable amount of my games.

Probably because you're in the lower ranks and non-prime, where there's a lot of smurfs, noobs, and other people who generally do not care about getting a cooldown.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I want Astralis to win because they've been fittin to win a major for years now. But I would also be okay with VP winning.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

That music really is unbelievably awful. I've missed the first parts of games because I mute the stream when it comes on.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

VP are good with pistols but only when the other team isn't using pistols

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

apparently the twitch concurrent viewers for any one game record was broken by the eleague stream alone

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

to me it's a toss up between this major and mlg columbus

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Soulex posted:

For real. I'm also super loving happy Astralis won. I was gonna peg them to win but actually thought about it and changed to Navi :(

I really wanted either Navi, VP, or Astralis to win. To me those teams just seemed like the natural winners, I certainly wasn't buying into any of this bizarre optic hype, plus I hate that team.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Silver is the best rank, let's be clear about that

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'm currently writing an experimental project that involves ripping CSGO match data online, would someone be able to provide me with a recent match sharecode? I don't really care about what happened in the match, I'm just using it for testing and I don't really have the ability to play CSGO on my current machine. Thanks!

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Kwilty posted:

I'm not sure what you're exactly looking to do, but CSGO Demo Manager pulls a lot of match data already, so I don't want you to waste your time trying to do something that's already done.

I'm writing something which has not, to the best of my knowledge, been done before and pulling match data is only a small part of it.

qhat fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 29, 2017

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Luna Was Here posted:

enjoy some silver mm
steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-pZQXp-PLChF-Lhyjn-9K8A7-cAhaB

Cheers!

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

this dead game with 850,000 average monthly players

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

poopnanners posted:

I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that a situation with a player staring at the ground 99% of the time popping off headshots should be easily detectable. Is that what the spinbotter sees or is their view different? The current reactionary nature of the anticheat isn't much use considering the game is now free to play.

These third party servers sound interesting but I live in China. Don't know if they are available here. How do you access them? Generally my choice is: play perfectworld where almost nobody speaks English. I can speak enough Chinese to get by and make calls (and talk poo poo) at least on Dust2 but godamn I am tired of having the same "oh a foreigner" conversation every game. Or I can play worldwide on southeast Asian servers where more people speak English but the lag is often bad.

How do you program that into a game? Like literally, what do you tell the computer to specifically look for in a way that doesn't also false positive people who are just loving around? Generally valve's server-side AI will throw blatent hackers like that on overwatch, but the real problem is the more subtle cheats that are not so obvious where the cheat specifically injects an element of randomness, or just does flat out nothing but tell you where people are on the map. Anti-Cheat is a ridiculously complicated subject even when you have access to the client's entire memory (which VAC doesn't) because everytime you find a way to detect one specific form of cheat, someone else comes out with a way to get around it.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I don't play valve MM anymore, it's 100% faceit premium for me. Even at mid levels in MM it's a poo poo show, gently caress it, just take the piece of mind.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Premium queue or normal? The normal free queue is a poo poo show, in fact, it's probably worse than mm.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Honestly I've always had a better experience on faceit premium over MM (on both NA and EU). Obviously as with any queue you're going to get idiots from time to time, but I just generally think people try a bit harder and people do get permanently banned very frequently for being complete shitlords. And it goes without saying that having a strong anti-cheat for me is a big thing. But anyway YMMV :shrug:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Rectovagitron posted:

I finally made it to Silver II last night, after 52 wins. I was Gold Nova back in the day, and played 1.6 religiously since beta, but took the last 5 years off.

Silver is much harder than it used to be. Mainly, starting with no trust factor means you're playing with an endless amount of hackers, just unbelievable in quantity. Also smurfs but whatever. Secondly, the worst thing now is people using utility terribly and shooting ourselves in the foot. It would be better if they didn't use it at all most of the time. Finally, people are just better at aiming nowadays. Crosshair placement is more essential than ever, and people have memorized peeks fairly well for silver.

I'm excited to keep moving up, but was surprised by the difference from a few years back. I'm old now and mostly play with beer which doesn't help, but glad to still progress.

The racism and homophobia is still totally out of control, but at least muting is easy.

This is a thing I noticed. I was LE back in the day (post-rankshift), just before CSGO went FTP I was able to pick the game back up after a couple of years absense and get from GN1 to MG2 within a month. Picked it up again this year and it took me several months just to get out of GN again, and then I just stopped playing MM entirely because holy gently caress there is just no kind of consistency anymore. Even when I jump on my silver account to play with my silver friends, the games are totally inconsistent in skill level, sometimes the other team has nutty aimers and actual strategy that I don't ever recall seeing in silver, and the very next game it's comatose people rushing with P90s every round. I almost exclusively play faceit nowadays, MM hasn't been enjoyable for me for a while now.

qhat fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 29, 2020

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fun fact: for the past 12 months i've been playing with 1.0*400 sens without even realizing it. only changed it because i checked my twitch profile which had my original sens from 4 years ago and I was like oh yeah that's how i was able to check those angles in easy succession.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

2022 update: still bad at this video game

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So apparently there was a matchmaking update on Monday that basically confirmed what a lot of people have suspected for a while; NA matchmaking was completely hosed up and was underranked by a lot. Reports of people going from GN4 straight to SMFC and Global.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

hello internet posted:

I went from SEM-GN1 to MGE

Checks out. I've played a total of 2 games in the past year, I was S4 last week, won a game yesterday and immediately went to GN3. I think if you were out of Silver, you are going to be placed in the high guardians/Eagle at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Worth mentioning again that ranks in NA seem a bit more consistent recently, they were turbo hosed for like 3 years and when it finally got fixed a month ago there were gold novas getting Supreme and Global out of nowhere. Even then though, swings are real, it just means you're on the border of your skill level since you're neither terrible but not good enough to push higher either.