Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Salean posted:

what a boring final

the whole playoffs were really underwhelming

Man I love watching the destruction. The calls and tactical play were insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
To be fair, I saw dupreeh forget to buy one when he had like 7k after buying, but he won the round anyway after finding one.

Also, Astralis is back on top for sure if they can beat EG. As sad as I am to see NA CS continue to get stuffed repeatedly by Astralis, it's really amazing to watch greatness in action.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
It's not like they've won everything this year, not by a longshot. I missed it live so I went back and watched their d2 match against FaZe last night. I personally think it's extremely entertaining to watch an utter demolition of another top team like FaZe. There were like 3 competitive rounds out of 16 in total, including the last two that magisk and device clutched to firmly crush FaZe's spirits. Astralis are just so well drilled I find it incredible to watch.

Edit: also Device's flick onto coldzera after a run boost in round 6 is disgusting. He nails him before he hits the ground.

Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 12, 2019

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

mcvey posted:

Someone(fnatic) please beat astralis

They won't win major titles unless JW's bullshit solo pushes are working. I swear I'm surprised they win matches when I watch him throw numerous rounds with ill conceived solo plays.

Crimson fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 7, 2019

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
I know it's a meme but didn't CSGO hit a record number of concurrent players not too long ago? Maybe not so dead.

Also, Astralis is finally looking pretty good again after a shaky start to the year. Also, wtf 6 man roster? I'm assuming they're gonna teach him Device's roles, but talk about shoes to fill. He just straight poo poo on Zywoo in ESL.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
The Krieg's spray pattern is bizarre, takes getting used to. I'm still way better with AK, but if you put the practice in the Krieg's spray is actually way easier. You pull literally straight diagonal left and down. Watching pros spray with it at a distance has been helpful.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

butros posted:

What is a pug?

Pick-up game. Refers to disorganized play. Dust2 definitely attracts lovely players. I have a decent time with teammates on Mirage, and the best luck on Overpass.

Also probably the most important thing at the beginning is practicing recoil. You're probably shooting over people's heads constantly. Download a recoil trainer and practice spraying with the AK and M4.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Was hoping they'd give at least one last try at a major to make it an absurd 4 in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
You guys are talking about Fashr on fnatic with the insane keybinds. Absolutely ridiculous. He plays that way because his dad played flight sims and changed other games' control schemes to match. I can't believe we have a goon that plays a similar setup.