Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I did!

Can anyone give me some AK advice? I don't want to say I'm awesome with the M4, but I generally do really well with it. On T side though I'm 100x better with the Tec9 than I am the AK.

Long range, I don't the the first shot is all that accurate. Someone did an analysis of the shot randomness and concluded that its always better to let two or three shots out at long range. It increases the likelihood of one of them striking the head by a great deal (assuming you're properly aiming for the head).

I don't remember who it was but the way they explained it reminded me a lot of that 3 door riddle and the effects of probability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

fennesz posted:

If there are some rational human beings on your team, sometimes you can claw your way back into the game.

But it's a game. So why? Why not just end it?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I just don't even live in the same reality as people who can focus enough to get to global.

I start running out like an idiot at the slightest provocation and I don't think that's ever going to change

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Agoat posted:

I don't know why but it bothers me that nobody makes any super polished tutorials. We have SFM and a suite of camera tools for replays but everyone just wants to talk over first person video still. :/

Edit: Good content video, I really enjoyed it I just want to complain

Set the trend, man.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

dex_sda posted:

Bunch of alcoholics up in here.

I can quit anytime I want.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

fennesz posted:

Is the Tec9 too good? I find myself finding way more frags with the Tec9 than I do with all of the SMGs but the P90.

My Tec9 bullets always make a person shaped outline around whoever I'm shooting at.

I can string FiveSeven headshots together like crazy though.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I can stalk a corner and occasionally get a kill, but man I can't peek for poo poo.

How do you learn how to hit people when you don't know where they are? I'm losing a lot of silver 3 duels here.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Been working on crosshair placement for a couple years. Some days I do it better than others I guess.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm going to have to take my voice scale down again from .3 to .2. The 10 year olds keep getting louder and more distorted.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

symbolic posted:

So you were the other goon playing Shoots. :hfive:

Coincidentally enough, I played another match of Shoots later and bumped into Ferret King. Apparently goons love arms race.

Also for the pins, I bought the offer and than flipped it for $32 profit. This was a good update.

Actually I was just popping in to see if I'd get a pin offer to beef up my steam wallet.

No success.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's level 2 now, for normal match making. Level 21 or a Service Medal for Prime match making. I don't think anyone will care

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Is the demoui window the best way to interact with recordings? It seems so bad and slow.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The person firing the gun isn't allowed to listen to it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yes they can. It's a global sound.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Ozmiander posted:

Your sense of morality is pretty skewed dude.

MORALS! MORAAALS!

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Audax posted:

I also tried an experiment a few weeks back to do 700 effective DPI. Found that way too slow.

Mine is lower still and I do much better with it that way. If I need to turn in a hurry then I'm probably hosed, but I was already in a bad spot to begin with.

I can't really do any fancy movement tricks but at least I can click heads.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Sweeper posted:

So it mostly shifted lower ranks? Weird

They realized the lower silver ranks were basically empty and unused. So everything was shifted to give each rank more representation of the overall player base.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Mine's lower

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Pomp posted:

how much god drat desk space do you people have

Quite a bit. Put my whole arm up there. It helps, but I still can't hit poo poo because my crosshair placement discipline falls apart the second I get startled or distracted.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

ded posted:

For the competitive matches all I've seen is dust2 and mirage. And strangely I seem to do 200% better in a competitive match. Is something different with the accuracy or is it just I'm not getting mobbed by half the team every time heh.

The difference is that you could be playing with Globals in Casual, but MM will match you against people closer to your skill level. Even before you get your rank displayed, you're still getting matched with middle-of-the-road players instead of just whoever happens to join.

I can play casual all day and never get more than 10 kills. Queue up in MM and suddenly I'm top fragging with 25-30+ kills. The ranking system isn't perfect but at least there's some consistency in who you face.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I keep 30+ bombing at Silver Elite Master.

I guess I'll rank up at some point, but it's nice being at the top for now.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah. And I don't have any misconceptions about where I "should" be, rank-wise. I know I'm garbage. But it's nice knowing I can whiff a shot here or there and still have plenty of time to take out the guy with the Bizon drawing a pattern around my character's model. Simple pleasures.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't use a dot

Only use a dot

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I can't aim anyway, so I take the extra bullets.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I just ranked up to Gold Nova 1. I don't want to be Gold Nova 1 :/

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Why? I love being deranked to Gold Nova. It's basically a license to gently caress around and win anyways. Savor your Nova.

Because I was owning in silvers and now I'm going to be a scrub

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm always ready to shoot in DM. I have a much harder time staying prepared in comp because there can be a lot of downtime between peeks.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
This surc guy is really toxic. I hope someone reaches out to him.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I've had bad games tonight as well, but I'm not going to read too much into it. I've had too many games where we've just steamrolled the other team, it stands to reason that the same would happen to me eventually.

I'm not putting up with trolls or idiots on the mic though. Ain't nobody got time for that. I mute and block those doofuses with the quickness.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Goofballs posted:

Thanks for the offer but I got a month of it in the meantime. I'll play some games tonight. MM just gets to me sometimes when I don't get why some people even queue up

More than anything, it's the screaming that gets to me. I have to set voice_scale to .1 just to keep it manageable and then I still end up having to mute some people because they won't stop screaming into their microphone.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Had two rounds tonight where I broke 30 and still lost because half my team got into a blood feud with the other half.

The mute button is right there

You could just use it

Why are you arguing for twenty rounds about something that happened at the start of the game

Because some people feel like it's a damnable sin to mute people in competitive.

Because some people have serious brain problems.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's a great community

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's official. I derank during the week, then rank back up on the weekends.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm always mad at CS.

And I think your tattoo is fine.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Probably a good idea to rebind scoreboard if you're going to use ALT as PTT. Don't ask me how I know.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
What causes the high pitched whining and hissing some people have in their mics? Sounds electrical, usually at least one person in each match suffers from it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Bohemian Nights posted:

This is cool. A flashbang script that lets you throw a flashbang from a saved set position no matter where you are on the map, so you freely move around and see how it affects various spots on the map. I haven't tested it myself yet but it looks neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hB2gICopw

That's really neat.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I didn't see him the first time either.

Or the second time. I am blind.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I would never be friends with anyone who played this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Don't use your real picture, what the gently caress.