Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Petition to add 1v1 arena waiting for goonmans to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

symbolic posted:

Someone on the subreddit predicted it to be the last week of February due to the dates of the major qualifier/major.

I sincerely hope it's just soon. I want my skins.

People on the subreddit have said it was going to be every Thursday for the last 2 months

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I usually practice clicking on desktop icons

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

MM is still better than goonman

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

What's the best way to get a price on an item based on float? Searching through all the websites it looks like I may have the best AK Jaguar @ 0.001195223

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Alright well 16th best isn't too bad I guess. It's such a boring skin at least it seems to be going up in value somewhat

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Thom and the Heads posted:

played against my first spinbot today. valve's fuckin pathetic

Green trust factor?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I went from SEM-GN1 to MGE

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

21:9 crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jo_u0rztCQ

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58uGeO4Gl3Q

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Once you start encountering players that are actually pretty good at aiming, you will get destroyed, unless you are pretty good at aiming too

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The average quality of random teammates has improved dramatically with the rank redistribution. SEM to LE now at this point and you can actually somewhat count on pubbies, it's weird

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i’m going back through the old classics and MAN i forgot about this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMlUUdfq0U

My favorite part is when he actually falls back, does a loop around the fountain and then pushes again

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Is it safe to assume this is probably just updating csgo to the source2 engine and not an actual addition to the series?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Woodenlung posted:

ffs who plays on official servers anymore

Hundreds of thousands of people, every day!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I don’t think I’ve ever accidentally removed my suppressor in 20+ years of playing this series

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

it's me, I have the key

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

When I was a kid, I was blown away with how cool 747 was. It was pretty dogshit since it was a completely unbalanced hostage map but man it was pretty neat

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Best part about it is that it’s optional

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The left hand is unclean

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

gently caress I recently sold like 150 cases for 8 cents each

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Matchmaking is going well

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Steam inventory helper is super helpful for mass selling but you still have to manually confirm every loving order if you have your phone linked to your account

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

it'll be interesting how that works with a stale smoke. does it reset?

It probably only resets as far as it's timed state would be naturally. If it was halfway disappeared, that's probably the max it could reset to.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It's great that 95% of the player base has the Denzel Curry music pack so you get to hear it every single round

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Beginners luck

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I don't get why this constantly happens to me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

21:9 supremacy

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Steelseries pro nova wireless is the best headset I’ve ever used, strongly recommend if you don’t mind paying

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I finally got into the beta and it’s really loving good

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Leetify is really cool and it's super interesting how they collect the data to be able to examine all sorts of aspects of your play.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

sterster posted:

I haven't looked into this. But I'm assuming that cs2 is releasing free to play. Do you have to pay for a 'prime tier'? Or If you paid for csgo do you get anything 'extra' like prime match making was?

I'm pretty sure everything will be structured the way csgo was. I have no proof to back this up but it's the vibes it gives off.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It seems like smoking garage outside from t side boxes on nuke requires me to throw the smoke MUCH further up than I used to to property cover the opening

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

DarkDobe posted:

A very dumb question but how do I even buy things like the negev? I don't see it in the shop and I want to throw my money away damnit.

You have to assign your guns in loadout

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I am going to take this moment to enjoy being ranked 14,709 in the entire world for counter strike. I will cherish this for the next 48 hours until I am bumped into the 100k range

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I assumed 99.9% of the player base either played official ranked matchmaking or custom servers. I'm genuinely surprised how many people are complaining about "things missing"

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

How does only 4% of the player base have the one and only CS2 achievement "A new beginning"

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Is there any actual proof that walking with a knife is faster?

The only proof I can find online is "the pros do it". It doesn't seem like a 5 unit or whatever increase in speed is worth getting caught with your pants down

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Budzilla posted:

Weapon spreadsheet. Knife run speed is 250 units, this can make it important for the choke points at the start of the match. If you have a decent read of how the round is going running around with your knife for a rotate makes sense. If Ts rush B on Mirage at the start of the round and you are CT at ticket booth there is 0 chance a T will surprise you from nest.

Where is the new thread?

This is good info but yeah obviously the knife is faster for running, I was talking about the difference between walking with an AK and walking with a knife. I’ll have to load up the game and try to find out myself with the tip a few posts ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Pandaal posted:

Typically if I think I'm close enough to an enemy to need to walk, I won't risk pulling out the knife, so knife-walk is inconsequential to me as speed goes.

Knife-run? Way faster + gotta flex the skin a little.

For sure I agree with you, seeing randoms in premier dying while walking with knife out is what prompted the question.