Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

mm is still a childrens' playground for hacks

s/o to mini for making me sit thru 16 round losses to hackers after playing winning 14 rounds t-side inferno :<

i call it the minineo classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

When VP randomly decides to play well they play like they're the best team in the world, it's great to watch

DIG gonna hang those morons

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

pack up the clown car boys we goin home

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

played some morning pugs and some g00d sh!t happened
shout out to esea for letting people vote yes to ot and leave without a ringer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMG8os2HnQ

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

thank you based SGod

little did they know i love using the sg

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

i dread the day they replace the SG sound, it's already perfect, like the gun itself

they are going to change all sounds to paintball guns

also steel's back
https://clips.twitch.tv/steel_tv/BeautifulWolfShibeZ

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArmZ posted:

now i remember why i never watch his videos

the funny thing is if you've played enough pugs you would welcome someone in-game leading to give your team some cohesion, but no one ever listens and it's just a shitshow

the clip is both funny and sadly true

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

itt people arguing about the "unverified" benefits of communicating in a team-based game :iiam:

if you don't want to listen to your team just play a nice single player game where you don't have to communicate at all.

Xenaero posted:

Generally if you can't adapt to teammates' issues in a team base game, you're not very great, but it's not necessarily a bad thing, everyone's gotta work on flexibility sometime!

xen being the most reasonable person in the thread is p hilarious

Dancer posted:

So what other arbitrary limitations should there be? Should we ban people who have poorly placed speakers from matchmaking because they can't hear where steps are coming from? Should we ban people who don't maximize their digital vibrance or who play in 16:9 because it makes it harder for them to spot opponents?

I have no mic, and when I have time to type (often cuz I'm dead), I type. And I reached GNM by not using a mic, and I have no reason to believe I'm contributing less to the team than any other arbitrary GNM player.

this is kind of a selfish attitude and your analogies fall kinda flat because in 2k16 a mic costs like 3 dollars.

imagine this situation, you are a server at a restaurant and are serving people. you give them menus and treat them real nice, but when you go to take their order they won't speak to you. they just sit there and doing nothing while giving you mean looks, almost as if to say "how do you not know what we want to order?" you continue to refill their drinks and tell them about the specials but they still refuse to tell you verbally about what they want. 30 minutes pass and they just get up and leave. when you go check the table there is a note that says "we wanted 3 chicken tendies and xtra honey mustard animal style and we are in a hurry but noob server is retarded omfg kys"

yeah, so do whatever you want with the understanding that a team game rewards team players and people will get mad at you for being uncommunicative in a team game.

team

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Dancer posted:

Literally nobody itt argued against the benefits of communicating in CS GO. I do it myself by typing whenever I can. I play CS GO because I like that it's team based and I like the great feeling I get when we work together and we achieve more than we could achieve if the 5 of us were all rambos.

Also in 2k16 installing VibranceGUI costs literally nothing. So why would you ban people not willing to spend 3 dollars, but not those who haven't maxxed out vibrance?

(Also I'd honestly rather have a teammate with no mic than one with a 3$ one who uses voice activation. Background noise will inevitably come through, and the distortion is incredibly distracting.)

1. communicating w voice is quicker and easier to parse than reading and writing for both parties
2. using your voice makes u more personable to the gamers you are playing with which might promote actual teamplay
3. vibrancegui is a piece of software made by some gamer who likes the game and also takes donations. a microphone is a piece of hardware produced and manufactured by electronics and acoustics companies who want to make money. i don't understand where your argument is going. the basics you need for an enjoyable multiplayer video game experience is a mouse, monitor, keyboard, pc, and a microphone. i wont even get into the 144hz monitors, the GAMING mice and keyboards, and the poopsock
4. if u are honestly so cheap and stubborn you can plug in a speaker or earbud into your mic in and use it as a mic (a speaker is just an inverted microphone so it works but not as great as an actual microphone)
5. people who dont use a mic are generally big dumb morons and are p much automatically hated in every game--go ahead ask anyone in the thread other than that huge idiot who isnt me that continually trolls goonpugs with consistant bad plays and absolutely refuses to com
6. if it's not blatantly obvious how important information is in game then u are a lost cause

i feel like this argument is reaching the troll horizon but i will say that you can solve a lot of issues such as someone not using push to talk by politely asking them (works better w voice comms because they can hear that u are a human being) to change a setting e.g. "hey, man can u use push to talk i would rly appreciate it tyvm"

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Dancer posted:

6. I know how important information is in this game and there's no need for you to be a passive aggressive douchebag tyvm.

look pal im willing to overlook your brain issues, your inability to form coherent arguments, and your unwillingness to listen to reason, but if telling you the dark rites of the online video game counter-strike: global offensive is a characteristic of a passive aggressive douchebag you might as well just call me chad cuz imma be pounding ur moms pussy hard tonite

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

hey gamer clan,

we've had a major influx of trolls in the thread; i guess gbs is leaking 😆. please ignore any and all posts from users dancer, up circle, and apogee15. they are actually retarded so please be respectful to their peanut brains.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

What's retarded is getting your panties in a twist because another player doesn't play the game the way you want them to.

hey man, i was in the car listening to the bbc world service and there was this piece on a sitar player and how sitarists who hail from different schools and styles use different tuning for their strings. these schools, though different, follow strict melodic guidelines in their composition and as the presenter was listening to them he grew concerned--"how can you play such incredible music within such draconian rules?" the sitarist's response was that without rules there would be no structure and without structure to be followed or broken, music would cease to be interesting because it would just be chaos with no expectations to be fulfilled or shattered.

in this analogy you are the deaf-mute sitarist who plays the sitar made of rubber bands and a tissue box that no one wants to listen to because you are just awful and do nothing innovative and each competitive game you play in cs forces 4 other people to listen to your lovely music for at least 30 minutes.

continue to play however you want, but me and everyone like me will continue to let you know how loving dumb you are for playing a competitive game without a microphone and not coordinating buys with your team.

sens: 2.5@400dpi
years played: 15
smoke plants achieved: 4

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

dex_sda posted:

Counterpoint: Ludwig van Beethoven was deaf

beethoven was only deaf for the last 10 or so years before his death. in my example, this moron was born deaf with no concept of notes, loudness, or nuance because he was also born with autism from an MMR vaccination.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

No you wont, because I'd be carrying your game and you'd just be happy that you're winning for once.

send me your steam info and we can settle this the old fashioned way, but i doubt you have the skill (or a microphone) to back up ur poo poo talk :^]

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i added both

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

alright boys we agreed to 9pm pst (12am est) showdown is gonna be a classic 1v1 aim_map, or if there are any better suggestions pls post them ehre

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

mcvey posted:

I predict both play so poorly everyone walks away embarrassed

dont worry if i am behind too far i will just restart the game heh.........

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

MF_James posted:

Is that tonight, in sub.io?

yes

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

No you wont, because I'd be carrying your game and you'd just be happy that you're winning for once.

i dont understand why bad players think its a good idea to pop off about how their retarded plays are actually good and smart. there is a reason most people use the ak and m4 and there's also a reason why people communicate using microphones. believe it or not, there's also a reason why you shouldn't use a ump at anything but a close angle.

instead of trying to teach me a thing or two about this game that i've played for years, perhaps you should try to look deep inside yourself and find the humility to acknowledge that you play like an idiot and try to be a good player or stick to casual where you'd fit right in.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

What I don't get is why people took me seriously. The only response was to double down.

the point of this whole ordeal was to show how dumb and bad players rarely have the skill to back up any of the bullshit feel-good game advice they spew out. aim is like 20% of the game and there are much more important factors in a lot of other situations such as positioning and timing. my gripe with all you dumb idiots in the thread is a lot of you are too selfish and stubborn to say "hey, i am playing a team-based game with other real human beings who might be griefed by my stupid choices... hmm better double down on being retarded instead of making compromises with my team." this dumb notion of "ill play how i want to play and you play how you want to play" goes against the premise of a team based game!! YOU SHOUDL PLAY A loving SINGLE PLAYER GAME IF YOU DONT WANT TO WORK TOGETHER AS A loving TEAM YOU GODDAMN RETARDS!! i used to think like this too, but now i realize how dumb and bad of a player i was and have pretty much been avoiding goonmans because of the mental illnesses and bad habits it gave me.

here are some lessons that some of you should learn:
a. people will flame you because it is a competitive game
b. antagonizing your teammates is a surefire way to have a bad time
c. you are a bad and i am a-better than u so stfu
d. i dont lie and i dont troll (lets win this game)

$7.00 for relatively good pugs with generally less trolls and idiots than mm and goonman has been a pretty good deal.
ps: i hate all of you minus gary. gary u r cool

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

Thanks for proving my point.

hey man nice point!! u got me i am trololed and mad xD

seriously though, you are a bad player and it's very obvious to me and others that you are trying to backpedal this whole situation as if it were some kind of hilarious pre-planned ruse. stop giving bad advice especially on topics you know very little about. just admit defeat because you aren't going to save face by saying it was a joke.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

You know nothing, it's probably why you can't handle MM. If you'd just use an Ump you'd probably do better.

give it up dude, i am 100% serious that i am better than you even in your dumb troll world. i can use pretty much every gun better than you.
this is a screen shot of what im assuming is the past month of my activity on the sub.io server.

let me reiterate again that using the ump every round is dumb and i probably have more experience and skill using the ump than u do.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

It was all worth it in the end.

grown adult with a child finds humor in trolling an online video game forum with bad advice and arguing about the merits of childhood spanking. you seem like a swell chap a good dad :classiclol:

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 22, 2016

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

http://imgur.com/a/dn4No

hey man i found some very interesting research for you
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/can-prevention-technical-package.pdf

http://news.utexas.edu/2016/04/25/risks-of-harm-from-spanking-confirmed-by-researchers

quote:

Gershoff and co-author Andrew Grogan-Kaylor, an associate professor at the University of Michigan School of Social Work, found that spanking (defined as an open-handed hit on the behind or extremities) was significantly linked with 13 of the 17 outcomes they examined, all in the direction of detrimental outcomes.

Gershoff and Grogan-Kaylor tested for some long-term effects among adults who were spanked as children. The more they were spanked, the more likely they were to exhibit anti-social behavior and to experience mental health problems. They were also more likely to support physical punishment for their own children, which highlights one of the key ways that attitudes toward physical punishment are passed from generation to generation.

maybe you should take my word that your cs game is retarded if you seriously consider spanking non-traumatic for a child

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

to be absolutely fair, i was surprised as well that people took it seriously enough to write essay long posts about why you're wrong for something so obviously facetious

u fail to see that he was serious up until this post

then he started posting all of this stupid ump bs to protect himself from the fact he got owned

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

but really, its weird to me that so many goons and goons specifically do the "but godfather 3 is actually good!!!" routine usually followed by stuff like "you havent yet seen the light of sofia coppolla :iamafag:"
it is sublime anticomedy

youre powerfully retarded

hey im still under the impression that u try 2 hard trying to weave "intellectual" sounding stuff into your"funny" comments when you live in a smelly hut in peru but i dont appreciate the ad hominem

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

A 21st Century Favela Horror Film.

A graphic investigation into internet identity crises.

A terrifying experience of internet trolling.

ArfJason
22 Sept. 2016

INT. HUT HUANCAVELICA, PERU - SINGLE ROOM
in blackness but lit by glow of computer screen, a man, ARFJASON, dressed in modern pancho and punching keys furiously on keyboard. glow of screen glistens droplets of sweat surrounding ARFJASON.

from the glow you can make out classic American movie posters that litter the room such as Blade Runner and the Godfather 1-2 with the 3rd suspiciously missing.

CLOSE UP ON FACE
Handsome with a well chiseled jawline, smart, intelligent goonsire with an eclectic taste in movies, art, gaming, and literature

LOUD TAP OF A KEY CUT TO FACE AGAIN

smile

SCREEN READS "LMAO human being"

ARFJASON:
Holy poo poo, I owned this human being. I cannot believe this retard used more than 1,954,300 words to communicate to someone he doesn't know. I'm going to prove to this retard how loving stupid he is for engaging others on an internet forum... I bet this loving idiot thinks that Eraserhead was better than Muholland Drive. This human being can't even comprehend all these top quality, high brow references that permeate my FYAD humor (c) This poo poo is probably Lost in Translation for him. This ownage is gonna be like Bosnian Genocide because this dumb bitch is getting bodied. A cyberbullying to remember...

CTRL + V

Checkmate, forums user Smithereens.

CLICK

CLASSIC RAYBAN WAYFARER SUNGLASSES SLIDE ONTO ARFJASON'S BROW

CUT TO:
MOM'S BASEMENT - SMITHREENS' RESIDENCE - 2PM

moist room, washer and dryer seen in background, man, SMITHEREENS, dressed in pajamas, the digital clock reads 2:00PM.

CLOSE UP ON HIS FACE - unshaven, oily look, eyes seem empty, glazed over. SMITHEREENS checks his emails finding a new post on the forums.

SMITHEREENS FACE TURNS BEET RED

PAN TO REFLECTION OF SMITHEREENS IN MIRROR DISTORTED BY STRESS OF RAGE

SMITHEREENS:
I'm not owned! I'm not owned!

ZOOM INTO BLEACH BOTTLE WITHIN REFLECTION

FADE OUT

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i care very deeply about other people's opinion of me, especially arfjason, up circle, apogee, and dangler, on this internet comedy forum. i deeply regret saying anything inflammatory and wish to accepted back into the goon community eventually when this all blows over....

PSYCH you guys suck at counter-strike and i am better than 99% of you and am willing to dumpster any of you in a 1v1 for ez skins

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

sorry my boys, i was busy today so couldnt flame you retards

ArfJason posted:

the absolutely not mad and fairly fucken chill guy who spends 10 dollars to do the most gbs possible own lmao

edit: oh wow its changed already nevermind. 10 bucks well spent my man!

lmao even tho i have disposable income i wouldnt spend it on giving you an avatar. pls do not misplace your anger on me, a displaced gbs refugee you bigot. trust me though, you arent owned and came out on top!!

Spiros posted:

Can you guys lay off him, he's not a bad dude, he just made a mistake and got angry on the internet. Happens to us all at various points.

thank you for the kind words! since you know me, you should also know i am visibly upset and shaking because i take all posts on the forum very seriously. all these posters are no longer human, they are just animals. these monsters said very hurtful things to me and i intend on having them pay triple with compounding interest

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

the thread where dex_sda sucks off arfjasons posting and arfjason graces him with a personal exhange its adorable

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9qiZrJaLRs

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

let it go dude you wrote the most embarrassing poo poo ever but its ok

hey bud this is a cool post proving ur not owned, systematically defeating me and proving ur a cool smart poster unlike sofia coppola. this is really in the aeroplane over the sea levels of classic ownage to be remembered. the bell tolls for me

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i really liked your post because it uses one of my favourite posts but i edited it a little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbegpGYnws

edit: hey arf man i know u dont like me but youtube is my livelihood right now so i would really appreciate it if u would turn that dislike into a like subscribe and become a gaming gator today. thanks a lot god bless

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 24, 2016

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Xenaero posted:

They actually are promoting jumping shots?

ahahaha ok laters

xen if you leave who will fill your role as the tsundere lizard of our lizardman group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Didnt even watch the video youre talking about you dumb homo lmao

holy moly! thats some comedy gold right there my lad keep up the good work

edit: im kinda upset you didnt watch it and say something to own me like: "your video is like haruki murakami's 1Q84 levels of powerful autism. boy do i hate you human being <youtube link proving im not owned>"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)