Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

I recently switched to the same effective DPI as Fallen/Coldzera, around 800/900.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

just saw the final score of 14-16 renegades and a shot of hiko shaking his head looking all forlorn. did koosta mess up again?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Kwilty posted:

What happened to VP though? They were solid contenders for a while there, now it's like they can't get a win to save their life.

They have stayed about the same while everyone else has gotten better.

Unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Sw9MlOVUc

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

liking e-league so far, but their transition animation/sound is annoying as all hell. too quick and noise is too short

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

lol coldzera got that mirage awp decal tattooed on his arm

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Photex posted:

summit just blew $90,000-$100,000 in about 3 minutes to basically cover up the molly incident.

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/summit1g/v/69164414?t=1h49m30s

This is at least the second time he has done this. The site gave him about 20k starting money the first time. He has switched to become basically a betting stream so I stopped watching, dude is straight addicted to gambling/shilling for gambling sites.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Xenaero posted:

Has anyone dabbled in opskins before?

Never had an issue with opskins. Be aware that they take a % on each sale and paypal will take a % when you cash out in addition to getting less then market because lol getting actual $ value on skins.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

Overwatch gonna take all the dumb 14 year olds because they love dumb cartoons and dust 2 will be playable again

gotta pick the female characters to stare at dat rear end while i play

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Smithereens posted:

the overwatch exodus is happening
http://steamcharts.com/app/730

idgi, this saturday and last saturday shows just a 60k difference and just 20k for friday

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

why is Karrigan not at eleague? missed the start and not sure if they said why.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

welp glad we kept the sleeper terrorist out

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

RyokoTK posted:

I've never played CS before and I watch competitive GO a lot. It's an easy game to understand and pick up as you go, especially compared to other competitive games like League or Starcraft. Most of the commentators are good at vocalizing what's happening in a round.

Out of all the e-sports games I can see why TBS picked CS to go with for the first season. Explaining CS to someone who never has even played it or even never played a computer game is easy: two teams, 5 players each team, one is trying to plant a bomb and have it go off, the other team is trying to prevent this. Obviously there is more to it then that, but to just watch a match that is all you really need to understand, trying to explain a MOBA or RTS to a novice would take a while. Fighting games may be simpler even, but do not have as much of a draw as CS or the other main e-sports.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

what an idiotic change, valve has no clue what to do with teh back of b site

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Remora posted:

did I just watch the last man knife the other last man and then die to the bomb in a pro cs tournament

i bet an na team was involved

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

g2 getting dumpstered

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

13 rounds in g2 gets a round on d2 t side

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

they beat NIP in groups last week during eleague, then lost to them 0-2 in the finals, in groups with g2 and nip were selfless and optic, not really hard competition

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

g2 on tilt yet again, two awp purchase, rest have pistols

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

and it works out for them

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Pomp posted:

While I'm getting floored in silver because I basically haven't played a notable amount of CS in 7 years, silver/low GSE is depressing.

why do they aim at the ground

why don't they listen for footsteps or gunshots

why is there three people watching mid

why would you split up 3v1 with the bomb down right in front of you

why are you trying to bunnyhop and shoot like this is quake, i'll play good game quake with you if you stop doing that

why are you guys running one by one into an awp

okay guys bomb planted wait no why are you all running mid now

edit:also everyone is salty all the time lmao

this never really stops when you get to the upper ranks, just less/more frequent depending on the match

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Anyone streaming on the actual TBS feed having issues? Keeps dropping out on me.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

NIKO!!!!!

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I did a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEHWxKT7zp0

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Kwilty posted:

Mechanics video had about 3 things I didn't agree with in about 2 minutes just skipping through, and the fact that in his Inferno video he said that you have to have the best spawn to take control of banana kind of hurt my head. Followed by the fact that he's way too long winded to make any videos worth watching in itself.

But my timings!!! If you get the wrong spawn you should type kill in console and it will give you a better spawn.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

It's THE CS map honestly.

It's actually a DE map.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

luna tries to act like an EU goon with a high ping all the time. Must be all the anime.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Just be aware opskins takes a bit and then you get hit by paypal taking a bit as well when you sell through opskins. But its the only way I have cashed out as well.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

yes esea is fine for solo but unless you're like lem+ you're gonna get chewed out for sucking every single match

Not in the D ranks, but at that point you really shouldn't be paying for ESEA.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

He was account sharing with me, it was me.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Played solo q prime for the first time in a while on thursday. Immediately a guy on my team starts complaining the other team has a cheater who wrecked them last game. After first round said complainer says he's going to download cheats and brb. Two rounds later he rejoins and I think nothing of it until he starts calling people through walls and actually cheating. I report him for walling and on round 16 he gets kicked and banned from steam servers. I just checked his steam page and he now has a vac ban two days old and a sob story in his profile:

"My VAC ban is for CSGO, the reason i got it is because i got bored of the game and decided to cheat for 1 game on a prime server. this resulted in a ban within 5 minutes. Dont cheat on prime, and CSGO is also not that fun."

The dude he said was cheating went 13-20 and was really bad at the game.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Dongicus posted:

10 cc's of aids, stat.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

This video brought to you by the letter T for T crosshair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQ5VswnJWA

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

surc posted:

Jesus Christ. Shut up and go away until you're:

A) Able to communicate like an adult human being.
B) Not completely retarded and wrong about every goddamn thing in counter strike.

Each post from you in this thread is bitching about how some basic mechanic of CS isn't doing it right, and/or asking for advice and then telling the people who give you it that they're wrong.

You're weirdly aggressive, you're obnoxious, you're unfunny, you're dumb enough to cause physical pain, and you're wrong. Every. Time. You. Post.

To be fair, that could be due to the drugs.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

bring back the riot shield

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah, any successful 1v5 is generally the result of a series of five huge misplays on the opposing team

So a typical goonman round right?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Ban all csgo shoutcasters/commentators and let us watch the games in silence. If CSGO had a good in game observer mode like dota2 I would use that all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

barnold posted:

i don't understand. there is already a bind to remove the silencer and it's right click (for the M4A1). do they mean it can be rebound maybe?

it was just bundled into alt fire modes, now it is likely two separate binds, one for alt fire, other for removing silencer