Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I swear if the Shadow isn't one of your dudes I will be cross.

The Shadow is the best party member.:colbert: And the only character in the game who isn't in Sepia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Glazius posted:

Huh. How is in-combat health restoration anyway? Are you limited to patching up your armor?

No, the Witch, the Cultist and the Vampire all have healing spells that heal health directly. Other units get natural regen, like the Skeleton, and there are usable healing potions you can buy or find.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I think my favorite/best party was Minotaur/Shadow/Witch which is basically living on the bleeding edge in the early game hoping your hilariously swingy damage dealers roll high while your witch plays triage.

It is super fun though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm going to hate late-game, aren't I. :ughh:

I seriously have concerns this is the first LP I'll have to bail out of If the loot situation goes sideways on us. I mean, we'll see in next update that we're good so far (:getin:), but bosses in this stupid thing are murder and I have no idea how bad they're going to be compared to the first proper boss.

They're honestly not that bad, and there's a really easy way of getting around loot RNG that opens up immediately after where you are now that doesn't even involve save-scumming.

Also you're rocking two healers and a tank. You're pretty set as long as you continue to buff the poo poo out of the Sorcerer, and to a lesser extent the Vampire, as damage dealers.

I have beaten the game on hard with a Witch/Minotaur/Shadow, and you have nothing that's going to gently caress you over as hard as late game Shadow/Minotaur low damage rolls :negative:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Shadow :colbert:

Also the catacombs are really useful if you've been screwed by RNG. Encounters are fairly rare, the ones you do get tend to drop loot, and chests respawn every time you leave and re-enter.

The first level is 3 free shots at loot with likely 0-1 encounters. And with the way the loot tables in this game works, that can get you some insanely good gear. Really helpful for gimmick parties who can't actually fight the encounters here or in the second block yet (Imp, Ghost, Goblin is uh, not a fun party early on)

The Puppet would be in contention for best party member in the game hands down if it didn't have one extreme drawback that almost requires building the party around it. Its a really cool and unique thing too, but not super great unfortunately.

Zore fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 18, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Wait, so what happens to characters that you remove from the party? If we take the Puppet now, can we replace it with someone else and then later bring the Puppet back? What happens to our e.g. Ghost if we decide we want to play with the Goblin for a bit?

You have six party slots, not counting the Sorcerer. Only four can be in battle at once, and the Sorcerer is required, so you essentially have a party and a backup party by the end of Block 3.

The problem is you can't really keep everyone up to date with training because its stupid expensive.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Danakir posted:

So you manage fine without a healer? I'm assuming you're not using Vlad for that purpose.

Why? The Vampire's a perfectly competent healer, especially in later levels.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cassa posted:

Loving this LP, but what the hell kind of weapon do they mean when they say 'chain'? Just a length of chain that you whip people with?

Yeah. Its a Ghost-only weapon and its covered in chains if you look at the attack art.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mauman posted:

He's amazing.....up until your other guys get skills that can take over his job.

Then he sucks. But he'll be great until then at least :downs:

Also, I can't help but feel that the Skeleton is just a weak Frank.

Skeleton's stronger, has better general attack abilities, has passive regen, some physical resistance, better taunt abilities and a marginally better weapon. He doesn't have the Abomination's good anti-magic abilities, but I find him way better tbh since the scariest enemies are physical attackers not magical ones.

Both are good picks though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I will say, when playing, Knight Magus is a little more obnoxious to actually play than Arch Magus but they're both good and powerful choices.

Go Arch Magus just because we already have a ton of people who are good at hitting things with a stick and not a lot of Magical might tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, I was wondering how you were going to deal with the reveal since you said at the beginning you hadn't fully played through the game.

• Locked thread