Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Look like some good fixes in the new beta. Anyone in it? I've got it installed on my "beater" iPhone 6 Plus and I gotta say the Night Shift mode is p cool. Can't wait for the official release.

quote:

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the second iOS 9.3 beta and two months after the public release of iOS 9.2. iOS 9.3 has been in testing since January 11.

The third iOS 9.3 beta is available as an over-the-air update and through the iOS section of the Apple Developer Center.

As a major .1 update to the iOS 9 operating system, iOS 9.3 introduces several new features. There's a Night Shift mode to reduce the amount of blue light iOS users are exposed to in the evening by shifting the iPad or iPhone display to a warmer (yellower) color spectrum, and there are several features designed to improve the iPad for Education program, such as multi-user login.

Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos.

Multiple apps and features are also seeing updates in iOS 9.3. Apple News includes more personalized recommendations, faster updates, a landscape view on the iPhone, and support for in-line video, while Health includes a new Apple Watch-style "Activity" view and Notes has an option to password protect individual entries.

Apple Music for CarPlay offers "New" and "For You" sections for better music discovery, and a Nearby Feature in CarPlay Maps offers more information about what's close by. Paired with watchOS 2.2, an iPhone running iOS 9.3 is able to support multiple Apple Watches, and for iPhone 6s users, there are new Quick Actions for Weather, Settings, Compass, Health, App Store, and iTunes Store.

The second iOS 9.3 beta added a Control Center toggle for the Night Shift feature, and new additions in the third iOS 9.3 beta will be listed below.

What's new in iOS 9.3 beta 3:

Verizon Wi-Fi calling - The third beta of iOS 9.3 adds Wi-Fi calling for Verizon users, allowing them to place calls over a wireless connection when cellular connectivity is poor.

T-Mobile bug fix - Today's beta includes a carrier update for T-Mobile users, fixing a bug that prevented apps from loading over a cellular connection.

Related Roundup: iOS 9
Tag: iOS 9.3
154 comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
apple "seeds" :xd:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i guess if ur one of the deviants into amberpos this phone is for you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks timb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

i guess if ur one of the deviants into amberpos this phone is for you

looks like the screen on the left is busted or something.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh those are Samsung phones. ok.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tllast update my phone complained at me to update every day

do it at night I told it

it wouldn't tho

and it would ask every day at the worst time

fuckin finally gave it. hate that poo poo
. I notice "stop asking forevermore" isn't an option

thanks for the freedom Apple

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bed time

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

oh those are Samsung phones. ok.

Yeah you can tell because they're really big. It's funny. Cuz it's bigger than a normal phone.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

I notice "stop asking forevermore" isn't an option

Quoth the Timbster...

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

echinopsis posted:

tllast update my phone complained at me to update every day

do it at night I told it

it wouldn't tho

and it would ask every day at the worst time

fuckin finally gave it. hate that poo poo
. I notice "stop asking forevermore" isn't an option

thanks for the freedom Apple
You don't want this option so timb has helpfully omitted it for you

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

Yeah you can tell because they're really big. It's funny. Cuz it's bigger than a normal phone.

also they're ugly with gaudy metallic trim

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

is the music app still an unorganized mess where three of the five tabs can't be used unless you're subscribed to the 10 buck a month music thing

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

BiohazrD posted:

is the music app still an unorganized mess where three of the five tabs can't be used unless you're subscribed to the 10 buck a month music thing

setting -> music -> show Apple Music (off)

your welcome

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

you can only stream the pandora like radio if you're subscribed to apple music now, so that tab is still useless after you do that. and the connect tab will always be useless

2/4 tabs useless

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

The Management posted:

your welcome

that makes the tab go away, but it still shows the full-screen ad for apple music about once a week and about 10% of the time it doesn't even display the ad correctly and it can't be dismissed

music.app is awesome

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The Management posted:

your welcome

it still says 'showing only music on this iphone' forever at the top of the screen when this option is off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

also they're ugly with gaudy metallic trim

you don't even see the trim bc you have to use a case

• Locked thread