Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
So I just started playing DOOM 2016 for the first time and I have some comments on it.

This game is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Just beat DOOM 2016 on UV. drat good game. drat good. Now what?

wiegieman posted:

They did, it was Arx Fatalis.

Surprised to see an Arx Fatalis namedrop in the Doom thread, but yes it's a really good game. Even though the game is non linear, I wouldn't call it open world. Make sure you play it through the open source port Arx Libertatis, it fixes all issues with resolutions and widescreen and the like.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

wiegieman posted:

My secret hope is that beth will have Arkane do another Arx game and just shower them in money and level designers to make it happen.

It's nice to dream.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Anyone have some tips for arcade mode? I'm playing on UV and can't get above bronze on the first level (I'm not good at this game). Also what runes are good to pick? I know Armored Offensive is pretty good since the armor pickups will increase your multiplier.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Doomguy can finally be like another certain early FPS character and go "Ungh! Ungh! Where is it?" when humping for secrets.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
gently caress, Lazarus Labs on Nightmare arcade mode is kicking my rear end. I can't get dat Slayer rank.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Groetgaffel posted:

They increased movement and removed hitscan weapons.

I'm looking forward to DOOM 6 having a jetpack, zero friction boots, and spinfusors.

:ssh:DOOM 6: Tribes would unironically own:ssh:

Hurry up with that gore nest.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Collapsing Farts posted:

Speedrunning has always seemed intensely lame to me. It's a bunch of guys using bugs and scripts to get past the game faster? ok? that's... impressive? (it's not, it's just weird)

Finding the glitches and bugs and exploiting them is interesting to know about, but it isn't fun to watch. In my case, at least. Watching a game get speedrunned while 90% of the time they're just out of bounds and looking at the void isn't nearly as cool as a glitchless speedrun. Again, I know this is an opinion, and you aren't wrong if you disagree. Just rip and tear.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

poor choice of weapon in that situation

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I really like Doom Eternal, my only significant complaint is horde mode. I really wanted some kind of gameplay to make the game, uh, eternal, and give it replay value. Horde mode sort of does that, but the levels are static and not randomly chosen from a larger pool. The demons are the same each time too I think, just the bounties can vary. If horde mode was considerably different each time, I would have been very happy.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
What pissed me off about the final DLC level is that you can't pick up and use that energy rifle that the hell guards shoot you with. give me another gun!!!!