Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Toward the end of the Super Gore Nest Master Level there's a segment with 2 Maruraders in an area mostly full of poison goo. How the hell are you supposed to beat them simultaneously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

One reason I suck is that I'm using an Xbox gamepad even though I'm on PC, so I can't do some of the cool stuff I see in videos. But I really like that it almost never feels like bullshit when I die.

Is it even possible to hit Marauders with the Crucible? Or Icon of Sin?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Arach posted:

I wonder if the tweety bird stun on the Marauder changed if the Crucible works on them....

I wasn't able to hit them in time because the Crucible animation takes a moment, but it might be doable.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This is a good watch about the music of Doom up through Eternal, but not its DLC. I didn't realize how much the game was weaving together the soundtrack in real time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_C_RFa6v90

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think the new mechanics of Eternal make it less fun to play, then the dumb story stuff reduces the fun even more.

Also it's still a crime what they did to Mick Gordon's score, since we're on the music, and I'll probably never forgive them for it.

The video suggests that Gordon got fired for creative differences over the Eternal soundtrack, but who knows. The music in TAG is serviceable I guess.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I've beaten the game on UV and I'm trying to get good at Nightmare but I suck so much. The part I'm really stuck on is in Arc Complex, where you're fighting in the restaurant or whatever with the Berserk powerup. Spent an hour playing it over and over again and dang it is hard as hell. I'm pretty sure the way to win is to move a lot and efficiently kill all the enemies but those snakes get me again and again.

On speedruns I see that there's a way to skip the animation where you pick up a toy or album. What do I press for that?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

JOHN SKELETON posted:

The two big things that really affected how well I play was quickswapping and using the grenades.

Spend like 15 minutes trying out different keybinds for quickswapping to different guns and especially the supershotgun + ballista combo. Put the keys where they are the easiest to hit even when panicking. The aim is to get a reliable high damage combo that is instinctive.

Then just practice using both of the grenades all the time. It's better to use a nade even if it's not optimal than to look around for the perfect ice grenade for the whole encounter.

I'm definitely making it harder on myself by playing with an Xbox controller on PC, but I think I'm going to stick with it instead of M+K. It's not perfect (in particular, switching grenades is a very silly feature) but I have been practicing quickswaps to the ballista whenever I need to land another blow.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

How do I prevent the microwave beam from breaking early when I'm zapping an enemy? Can I move around a little bit if I keep the enemy centered in my crosshairs, and is there any feedback if the beam is about to break?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Can they just remake Enemy Territory? That game was awesome.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I'm not too good at this game so for me Ultra-Nightmare is a super-hard puzzle where I have to plan and execute perfectly. I spent a few hours trying to beat the restaurant arena in ARC Complex but got pretty stuck.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Is the Dark Lord at the end of Ancient Gods II supposed to be incredibly frustrating and unfun to fight? I've knocked a couple stages off him but even when I set the difficulty to ITYTD the fight is agonizingly long because I can't dodge the moves that the boss uses to heal himself. I played through the whole game and the expansions on UV by this point but this boss fight just feels masochistic and I'm hardly getting any better after a couple hours of trying.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Have to say I really enjoyed the DLC for Eternal other than the end boss. I don't mind dying repeatedly on those escalation encounters because it feels like I died for a good reason, while the dark lord's self-healing just feels like bullshit. Even the parts with two simultaneous Mauraders (in Ancient Gods this occurs twice) weren't really that bad, though I am in awe of anyone playing those segments without dying a few times.

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's rad as gently caress, yes.

Not telling you everything is in many ways just like how they don't tell you anything in Doom 2016. They're both equally rad for different reasons.

You know who is NOT rad? The Dark Lord. I don't like that fight and cannot do that fight. I have no problem with double Marauders. Marauders are easy as long as you have some kind of splash damage. There is someone about with huge guts, that's all you need to know.

Did they ever retune that fight?

Why is the Dark Lord just a guy? I guess he's got red eyes, but I was really hoping for some eldritch abomination.