Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

Well, I've been calling this game Retard 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I played the alpha of this and it consisted of me waiting in a lobby while nothing happened for hours. I finally got into one match with a team that had a billion point lead over the other and it kinda felt like a slower Quake Arena. That lasted about three minutes.
After that it was back to waiting in a lobby for hours on end while I played my 3DS.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

The funny thing about people praising Wolfenstein: The New Order and Bulletstorm compared to Doom 4 is that the latter two were actually heavily story-driven games with a shitload of dialogue and cutscenes, they were just done well enough that people didn't mind.

They were also good and fun despite the lack of megatextures. They did have QTE so maybe it'll work in DOOM 4.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm going to pirate Retard 4 and then play 10 minutes to confirm its bad, then uninstall it

You wont be able to play online then so be sure to install Quake Arena along side it and use a controller.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

This is true. Quake 3 on dream cast was more fun than it had any right to be.

I remember people using console commands (by using the keyboard adapter) to enable texture-less mode so they could improve their kill ratio. I am 100% certain DOOM4 will not have this feature.
Dreamcast Quake > Doom 4

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

That said I respect the hell out of Cliffy B.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Lmfao at Zaphod42 pulling out charts and poo poo

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

here is some jackass talking about how doom has some good game design that DOOOOM will most certainly gently caress up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOObGjCA7Q

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Try reading the thread as we've discussed these points already :effort:

You can run fast, but not quake3 fast. You do have a double-barreled shotgun and you can slap enemies in the side with it to murder them. You can rapid-fire rockets and carry 8 weapons at a time.

We do not know how labyrinthine levels will be.

You can ignore the kills and no, it isn't like you can't kill them without them. However, killing them seems to give you some bonus like healing you, so it may be harder without.

Its not going to be anything like Brutal Doom, and Brutal Doom isn't even all that much like Doom. Go ahead and stick to Brutal Doom nobody cares.
word!?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I liked in doom three when there was this imp and I shot him with the shotgun and blood came out out of him. there was also a tube thing if i recall correctly.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

cool new unreal tournament game

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I'm in the beta and I will post my bad impressions

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Yo here is some exciting footage of my first match for anyone curious to see the breakneck action of this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl50ZMAnNF8

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Lol at these taunts gaming is dead

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

why does this game look and play like something from 2014?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

This has gotta be the weirdest criticism I've read. Does 2014 have a distinct look and feel a year and change later? And games sometimes take years and years to make, when they're ready for release is often just incidental.

So I guess this looks like it's from the year... Dragon Age Inquisition came out?

Jesus crhist derndle the assets look like they came out in a game made in 2014 and it has a dumb progression system

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

reading these posts is going to be so cringe inducing about a month from now

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

polygon put up the first 30 minutes and they had their 9 year old nephew play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8
kid does pretty ok

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

princecoo posted:

oh my god i saw 5 minutes (skipped story/dialogue poo poo only watched combat) and i'm pretty sure a blind person could have better accuracy. that was painful to watch.

Do they... Do they even know what a game is? What a controller is? They have the "move around" idea right and sure seem to understand what the trigger button does but move AND aim? What sorcery is that?

They disabled comments.

I don't know if this says more about Doom 4 or Polygon

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

gross

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i want to die

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

doom 2 rpg is the best doom

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Doom 2 RPG will download and install to my iPhone 6, but when I try to start a new game it consistently crashes. It makes me sad, I want to replay it. :(

I'm the same way, I wanted to replay vanilla Doom 1 and 2 before the new game came out.

It hasn't been updated since 2010 but I've been playing it without crashing on my 6s

Everyone should play through it at least once.
Did it ever get a proper pc release?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

that turned out to be arthur gies right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

shoot when eyeball green