Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

Thanks for my word of the day.

your?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

kalstrams posted:

New update to Markov Chain Simulator looking great.

Thanks for my new stochastic process of the day.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also look, fair warning here

a lot of the Wushu goons are playing this, like Drinkfist for example

Drinkfist will be a huge dick to you on the forums, on Mumble, in game, whatever

you'd think, well that makes Drinkfist a dick

but not really, he is actually p good and alright and he'll help you with something if you need help (but he'll call you an idiot while he is doing it)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so what I'm saying is Drinkfist is the ultimate tsundere

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

It is now, because I took it.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Drinkfist will be a huge dick to you on the forums, on Mumble, in game, whatever

but not really, he is actually p good and alright and he'll help you with something if you need help (but he'll call you an idiot while he is doing it)

No, I get it, I'm in the military and I am 'tsundre' to the new guys.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also the wushu goons will happily tell you how bad this game, but they'll play it too

they play really bad games and find ways to make them fun, and that is, IMO

good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

No, I get it, I'm in the military and I am 'tsundre' to the new guys.

thank you for your service.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I have low standards for fun, bought.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fat and Useless posted:

I have low standards for fun, bought.

welcome, enjoy your bad purchase with us if you dare

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sorry guys you will also have to put up with my lovely posting in this thread until I get bored with the game

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I payed $50 for Albion and played it 2 hours, couldn't be any worse of a use of money.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

Daum and Pearl Abyss hosed their own game ridiculously hard and anyone who has been paying attention to this game for more than the thirty seconds they spent reading lewtt's OP knows that. loving Dark Souls of all things does it better. I'm not bitter about this game for some obscure reason, I'm bitter because the developers took something that could have been god drat amazing and made it a mediocre wet fart of a game that does worse than a single player with optional multiplayer action RPG from 2011.

Yeah but it still has $30 worth of fun for sure.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

like in AA we had a guy who was an officer (can't remember his name) who ran this dungeon over and over and over for armor and browbeat goons into helping him run the dungeon

but if this specific high tier armor dropped, it was his, nobody was allowed to roll on it

He had multiple sets of this high tier armor and it was supposed to go to goons

oh wait, he hosed off and left to another guild with the armor

materials for the castle? yeah, we gave all of that to one guy

guess what he did

he hosed off with half a castles worth a stone or something

we pooled gilda to get people merchant ships so they could help people do trade runs

half the people with merchant ships would get mad if you asked to help them do a trade run

I think Stormgale was our only pooling success story.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Check this thread out. He thinks there's gonna be political conspiracies, guild spies and warning players to be extremely calculative in their affiliations with certain guilds because if the guild dies and you're friends with the wrong people, you're hosed

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11313-surviving-the-sandbox-a-guide/&page=1

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yes we ran Stormgale ragged on trade runs lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Check this thread out. He thinks there's gonna be political conspiracies, guild spies and warning players to be extremely calculative in their affiliations with certain guilds because if the guild dies and you're friends with the wrong people, you're hosed

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11313-surviving-the-sandbox-a-guide/&page=1

Lol

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It is very important for you to know that every decision you make from now until the end of your Black Desert career will be experience-altering. For example, the guild you join now will determine your future in the game. If the guild you join implodes, fails, or becomes redundant you will be associated with that guilds failure. Your past enemies will likely not recruit you and you will not find it easy to get a new home.

Be careful who you trust. Trusting the wrong person can be costly for a number of reasons and you should remain guarded and avoid trusting people unless you have very good reason. There are people that will betray you just for fun or use you as a tool for espionage campaigns waged by experienced spies within your guild.

Never let your plans be known - not even to your members, if you are a leader. Make calls to arms (CTA) but do not inform them why. " Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt "

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It is very important for you to know that every decision you make from now until the end of your Black Desert career will be experience-altering. For example, the guild you join now will determine your future in the game. If the guild you join implodes, fails, or becomes redundant you will be associated with that guilds failure. Your past enemies will likely not recruit you and you will not find it easy to get a new home.

Be careful who you trust. Trusting the wrong person can be costly for a number of reasons and you should remain guarded and avoid trusting people unless you have very good reason. There are people that will betray you just for fun or use you as a tool for espionage campaigns waged by experienced spies within your guild.

Never let your plans be known - not even to your members, if you are a leader. Make calls to arms (CTA) but do not inform them why. " Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt "

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jokes on him, when the goon guild collapses from internal drama and bad politicking, I'll already be bored. :v:

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Eonwe posted:

sorry guys you will also have to put up with my lovely posting in this thread until I get bored with the game

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

http://www.amazon.com/Art-War-Sun-Tzu/dp/1599869772/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I find that people like nothing more than not being told why to do something in video game guilds by a bossy shitler, best of luck to him

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

So let me get this straight since everyone seems to hate it, I can't walk around and punch guys and have fun with this for a month for $30?
I still plan to buy it despite massive dose of brown forums acid I took earlier today, punishing MMORPGs and terrible life choices are my fetish. Also, this smells a lot like early Lineage 2, and I was busy with ArcheAge when the early hype train was rolling around so I never knew what the game was supposed to be, much like plenty of other goons, I imagine.

Eonwe posted:

As long as Drinkfist is around you should :justpost:.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

These loss edits are getting more and more abstract.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

I still plan to buy it despite massive dose of brown forums acid I took earlier today, punishing MMORPGs and terrible life choices are my fetish. Also, this smells a lot like early Lineage 2, and I was busy with ArcheAge when the early hype train was rolling around so I never knew what the game was supposed to be, much like plenty of other goons, I imagine.
As long as Drinkfist is around you should :justpost:.

You really shouldn't read that forum, it's bad for your sanity.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

You really shouldn't read that forum, it's bad for your sanity.
You could make ultimate torture tool by crossmixing it with GIP and TFR.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Christ, they're already hyping up another Korean MMO called Bless before this one even launches. Will this genre's fans never learn?

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Yes we ran Stormgale ragged on trade runs lmao

Just a pitty that stormgale was a insufferable cuntspeg all the time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Christ, they're already hyping up another Korean MMO called Bless before this one even launches. Will this genre's fans never learn?
It's not really just fans. Black Desert was sitting at 80th place in the Korean online game rankings, as in dead. Hence, time to make more money with new game, since people do play MMOs.

What I do not quite get though, is why Korean developers keep trying to make PvP games like ArcheAge or Black Desert, if modern Korean MMORPG player has a strong disdain for PvP?

Also, Bless is shaping up to be just a flyby themepark MMO.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michymech posted:

Just a pitty that stormgale was a insufferable cuntspeg all the time

He is good, actually

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

It's not really just fans. Black Desert was sitting at 80th place in the Korean online game rankings, as in dead. Hence, time to make more money with new game, since people do play MMOs.

What I do not quite get though, is why Korean developers keep trying to make PvP games like ArcheAge or Black Desert, if modern Korean MMORPG player has a strong disdain for PvP?

I'm curious about how the developer is differing from the KR guys, and what happens if they axe the project in KR, the only interview I found was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXG35hsBltA

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Is the Asian market enough to justify not going all out with a proper sandbox, which people have been begging for in Western markets for the past decade? I'm asking because I really don't know.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

Daum and Pearl Abyss hosed their own game ridiculously hard and anyone who has been paying attention to this game for more than the thirty seconds they spent reading lewtt's OP knows that. loving Dark Souls of all things does it better. I'm not bitter about this game for some obscure reason, I'm bitter because the developers took something that could have been god drat amazing and made it a mediocre wet fart of a game that does worse than a single player with optional multiplayer action RPG from 2011.

After reading that article I am pissed and want to know who the gently caress in Koreatown dropped the loving ball. How the gently caress does the scope of design do a total 180 like that? It is the same group of people from Archeage that went and allowed you to become a pirate and then promptly removed every loving point of it and replaced it with endless punishment for being one.

Every MMORPG on the market is a loving joke of the idea. Theme park games with the whole idea of making single player games that happen to be multiplayer pile on garbage storylines where every loving player is the chosen one that will save the world by themselves and then populate the entirety of the world with chosen ones. Within months the game population plummets, the reviews point at same old poo poo and the playerbase demand deranged poo poo. I can only think of a tiny handful of MMO games that made the attempt to build a world for people to live in over the combat non pvp chosen one grind to cap.

I live in the future where these morons make the same failing garbage on repeat for over a decade and refuse to attempt a change of approach. Some of the poo poo was pants on head retarded where the objective was incredibly simple a toddler could do it. Things like "Make an Elder Scrolls game multiplayer" or "Make a game called Guild Wars focused on Guild Wars".

gently caress this gay earth.

Eonwe posted:

There is no helping you sir. I know a lost cause when I see it. You caught the stupid and there is no cure.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Carebears gotta grind.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gentleman, may I introduce the West Side Wizard

http://bdo-templates.com/377/west-side-wizard

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

I live in the future where these morons make the same failing garbage on repeat for over a decade and refuse to attempt a change of approach. Some of the poo poo was pants on head retarded where the objective was incredibly simple a toddler could do it. Things like "Make an Elder Scrolls game multiplayer" or "Make a game called Guild Wars focused on Guild Wars".

:shittypop: YEP.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

If you told me thirteen years ago that Star Wars Galaxies would be the last proper sandbox MMO that we'd see released until this year (Albion Online), I probably would have just killed myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

You don't understand, there's no market for sandbox games.

*watches Minecraft break 100 million sales, becomes biggest selling game in history*