Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah its actually loving ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Gonna grind helms at level 58 til my face falls off. I need those new accessories!

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I might just level up another character so I am not so bored when grinding mediah for accessories that will almost certainly have a horrible drop rate

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I used the green +10 until I could buy a duo ultimate blue

stump collector
May 28, 2007
serendia 4

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i have no idea who that is or what guild he's from. i'm glad he remembers me though.

i did karmabomb some guys for killing me while i was logging near heidel but that was weeks ago

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i started playing again this week

they've made some good changes and i'm honestly surprised

stump collector
May 28, 2007

J posted:

They changed the voice of the heidel storage keeper from a creepy sleazeball to a bad mall santa claus and I'm mad about it :argh:

if you wanna buy a hooos

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Rip friendly kind deve. My main man.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The mad chick at velia sounds like Gordon Ramsay now

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Klaaz posted:

So this game sounds like it might hit all the boxes I like in an mmorpg. Grinding, collecting, crafting and even trading. Will I miss out a lot if I just buy a basic account for a tenner?

you won't really notice what you're missing until you put a lot of time in and the new/returning player login bonuses go away

once again i'll steal someone else's phrase - this is the best game that I can't recommend

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I haven't played since kama 1 was released, is there anything I should be taking advantage of in the new areas? I've got ok gear. about 220AP vs monsters (counting kutum, kzarka, and the general's ring buffs) and 300dp. Right now i'm just doing the kama 2 questline but I want to know what areas are best for xp/money right now. I'm assuming nothing has changed and pirates are still the best

stump collector fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 22, 2018

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Sounds good. Thanks everyone. I think they had already changed nagas and fogans before I quit. I went to fogans right away and had a ton of fun grinding there until a few people made videos saying it was the best grind spot and it became super crowded. I think I might focus on crescents and sulfur mines just because they're sort of empty usually

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The game is just fine to play for free, I did for my first 2 months but I am a retarded spending addict so it was bound to happen either way

stump collector
May 28, 2007

I did this two days ago on my own with the unrepairable vell boat and didn't discover portanen Island :ughh:

stump collector fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 3, 2018

stump collector
May 28, 2007
That's not one of them sadly. I got 72 max energy in a few hours of dicking around it's not a huge loss. I'm pretty sure I stopped there and didn't have enough energy to discover the island and he didn't give me the option again.

I'm getting real tired of trying to get the troll tower knowledge, this poo poo is ridiculous

stump collector fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 3, 2018

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Kakao is switching their NA server network provider on April 25th

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Bring 10000 flax to burn imo

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Got pri ogre, 2x duo witch, duo basi, duo cescent, and Tet kzarka this weekend. But most importantly I caught a bunch of koi

stump collector
May 28, 2007

100%

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Khorne posted:

31 energy for 4 hours is way better than anything I could intentionally do normally.

Are there any guides for quickly gaining knowledge and/or titles as a newer player?

Talking to every NPC in areas with cutscenes is kind of important. Also speak to every statue and stack of books. I missed a ton of stuff my first time around.

Basically exploring every area, especially the islands and talking to any NPC will get you to 250 or 275 max.

Also if you have leftover pearls you can get a bookshelf for three bucks and make your alts read for an hour, even while you play on another character or go offline. I've only found out about this recently and my alts have learned several s ranks.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's roughly ten million an hour to leech other scrolls, which basically means you can 23 shards at today's prices for free if you want to join a 10x scroll group. I might try to stock up and run a few late tonight and tomorrow since I'm going to be perma enhancing gear from now on.

I don't want to get into the math but don't buy pila ku scrolls because you waste millions per hour running them this way. I just grind Valencia and run them when I get bored and go back to town. It's probably more efficient to sell them and buy relics though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
That's a dead guild

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm having a harder time enhancing my heve helmet than my tree armor. Failstacks are the real endgame though

stump collector
May 28, 2007
don't buy zinc shards

I sell my copper ore and turn around and buy copper shards. I process zinc and iron though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't really buy anything to process, I just rotate through my largest stacks of trees or ore that workers get for me

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'll also say my processing rotation is extremely messed up because I'm pushing for 61 and stacked up a ton of poo poo during the koi event. I don't know how profitable it is to buy ores or shards because I never focus on it

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They've also put in a few items that help with weight, like an accessory set that you can wear while using lifeskill clothes. I also believe they reduced the weight of early game mob trashloot at some point so that you don't have to go back to town every twenty minutes when grinding. I'm not totally sure on that though. In general they've worked on their UI and made some positive changes for everyone in the past few months.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I wonder how I will play the game now that people aren't invincible every time they have one of eight cooldowns up

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm excited honestly. I just don't see myself soloing the ronin daily boss scrolls anymore

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I hope none of the devs actually listen to their forums or Reddit because lmao

stump collector
May 28, 2007

J posted:

Don't need super armor to fish and chop timber :grin:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah, just save all of your memory fragments, black stones, crystal shards and learn about the game at your own pace. But you basically won't make a ton of money or really even understand your class until you get to awakening at 56. Get in the guild and ask for help and we can help out

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They thought the game was bad or something. I don't think any of them played enough to know why it was bad.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah I'm mildly annoyed about being cc'ed by monsters now but it's kind of ridiculous that every class was immune to cc when casting any of their main skills. That being said I'm still going to play and I don't do much pvp to begin with

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Svensken posted:

I'm considering coming back to the game.Is it still pretty much impossible to find a grind spot that isn't busy?

That was my main complaint about the game lasts time I played

It's not as bad anymore for lower level spots in mediah. as far as I know bandits and nagas are the worst for crowding.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Spot taken

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I flag up whenever anyone jumps in my spot cause I'm always at a lovely one

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Killed a white name striker yesterday who tried to jump in my two man rotation. As a dk who has been killed hundreds of times at bad spots when I was under 450 guy score, gently caress u trolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Lmao

A few months ago we were permadecced by everyone and I died any time I was in mediah

Glad to be a bully now I guess but I don't think I'd ever be so bitch made to message an enemy guild leader about how mad I was