Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm thinking you'll be thrilled with her awakening kit. I'm pretty sure any class is good at pve these days if you are willing to put the time in. Mae/Musa are probably the one of the best choices for the types of spots you'll be frequenting before you're super geared and start caring about ideal silver per hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You should join the guild for nice bonuses to your fishing, gathering levels, plus some permenant combat bonuses. We do scrolls together from time to time but not a whole lot. Plus if you get up your contribution via guild quests you can make up to 5mil daily just for clicking collect wage or whatever on the guild menu. Serendia4 is the best place for an invite, ask an officer in discord if you wanna join up

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah, you'll crush everything through calpheon and once you get to mediah/Valencia gear starts to matter a whole lot more.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm a dk on PC. Are you awakened yet? What level are you? Do PS4 players have access to successions?

If you are ~50ish you need to be using wheel of Fortune, slanted balance, enforcement, and lunacy of vedir as much as up can. If you're awakened, spirit legacy is your bread and butter for mob kills because it ramps your monster damage with add ons assigned.

If you're succession, I can help you out more, but essentially you'll be maxing the same stuff I mentioned above. Join the discord in the op and I can answer any dk and most lifeskill questions.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I do find it a little weird that my first long-ranged sniper attack starts with a sidestep.

She's basically a fairly weak melee class until you have slanted balance, lunacy of vedir, and wheel of Fortune with a few levels in them. Once she does awakening, she gets a lot of ranged skills. The succession kit, in general, combines a few skills from awakening and pre-awakening trees, with higher damage numbers, and you still have access to your original mainhand skills.

As for now, try using slanted balance, pervasive darkness, enforcement, lunacy, and wheel, and maybe lock a couple of the bad skills like ravage rake or repeated annihilation. They're not really bad for killing low level mobs but you won't use them later on in the game, because there are just better ways to rotate skills. Anyway, remember to have fun and just play a different class if you get bored.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 7, 2020

stump collector
May 28, 2007
picks up loot much faster than a tier 1 pet

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jL-U4O4gA0d4e5OdO6v7stmZi_2NDTy-FXdXkR7huv4/view

this is pretty good

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6yG-WqzExM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpbdffru1Vk

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Just log in each day and you'll end up getting most of them. I think the event quests are gone but you'll end up getting boss gear in a week or two and a majority of the login rewards

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Archer, guardian, kuno, ninja, musa, Mae

Witch, wizard, Valkyrie, beserker, and warrior seem opposite to your description but I'd try them all. Probably would go with kuno/maewah over their male counterparts because I think their kits are cooler even if they are worse at high level pve.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Archer does backflips and frontflips and stuff but he's pretty boring I guess. I'd just queue up some videos of the classes you want to play and see how someone plays them. Sorc succession is really strong and easier than awakening I guess. I don't know much about classes other than DK. As a rule, all of the succession kits out right now are great for PVE, possibly with the exception of mystic and striker, as I hear no one likes their new kits.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
she gets more passive weight/level than the other classes and a couple of her lifeskills start at pro1. otherwise, she's not worth playing until you're incredibly geared, then she's the best grinder in a couple hard spots, because why not

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Everyone has an exp boost right now. Every server has one actually, while usually it's only olvia or a main server on the weekend. You can see what boosts you have by waving your cursor around the top of the screen

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Guardian as well. Her succession was released last week. You have until the 18th to get any/all of the three characters to level 60 with rewards at each level starting at 56.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah, you basically have to use a horse to bait the mobs. However, I'm not sure how well that works all the time, since I know the sub level 20 mobs don't gently caress with my horse. If you want, you can put a barding on your horse, learn the charge skill, and run over low level mobs, but that's kind of inefficient too. That's definitely a small drawback of playing a melee class.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'd say at high levels of gear the men and women perform equally as good, just play whatever you like and move on if you dont

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Truga posted:

it ends on sept 2, and you need 40 days to get the biggest reward, so you have exactly 1 day of slack left.

You just have to start the quests before the season ends, then supposedly you are still able to complete one per day until you get the ring, however long that takes you. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if they hosed up their translation on this.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you have a bunch of extra contribution you can run to Valencia city and talk to king nesser for nearly Tet boss gear.

Post your the rest of your gear and or come into the discord for more help. That boss should be kind of easy once you're level 60, but it depends on class a bit too. I think having enough dp would allow you to beat any main quest content up until the stars end line

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you can get your dp up around 270 you should be fine. For archer you should prioritize your awakening weapon to do big damage. With some hp recovery and monster damage on skill add ons you should have no problems killing the chief.

Another big thing impacting your damage output is not being level 60. Skill ratios are much higher, and cooldowns are lower, so you will end up doing much more damage as a result.

All that said id try to use some of the questing armors (mediah gives a helmet, Valencia gives gloves, calpheon gives roaring magical armor, etc) and nesser gear if you can. The gear he has for rent is slightly worse than pen tuvala...so maybe rent an awakening weapon until you get a big upgrade on your current one

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Nah I meant defense, 270ap is indeed tough. You'll get to 61 and 1100ish skillpoints relatively quickly with the right buffs/quests/etc and you'll start doing a lot more damage with your current gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Cool, the nesser gear also might have higher accuracy and monster damage than what you had before. Also 130 awakening AP on archer is kind of poor, fixing that should help you breeze through most areas. I think 200ish/250 should clear almost any of the lower tier spots in the game. Your next big goal is softcap, or 253/296 I believe. That's when you can start to so the hard spots and make crazy money

Edit. I'm more of a life skiller so if you have questions on that I can help out more. I'm bad at grinding