Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
So I've made it to level 58 but I'm at the point in the main quest in Kamasylvia where I have to kill the Manshaum chief. I'm only at 180 AP and he just totally wrecks my poo poo. Wasn't really expecting a wall this big yet. At this point I'm not sure what the best thing to focus on would be. I've gotten most of my Tuvala gear up to Tri, and my main weapon is Tet. I'm out of Cron stones though so trying to enhance my subweapon to Tet is pretty scary because I'm worried it's going to just drop down to Duo and I won't have the stones to get it back up. Should I just work on grinding levels? I think I get some kind of seasonal gear if I get to 61.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

stump collector posted:

If you have a bunch of extra contribution you can run to Valencia city and talk to king nesser for nearly Tet boss gear.

Post your the rest of your gear and or come into the discord for more help. That boss should be kind of easy once you're level 60, but it depends on class a bit too. I think having enough dp would allow you to beat any main quest content up until the stars end line

Oh okay I'll check that out for sure then. I'd imagine it's better than what I have. I'm an archer in pretty much all Tuvala except for accessories, AP is 180 and DP is 230. I think my awakening AP is around 130ish maybe, I'll have to look when I get home. I was able to survive against him for a minute or two but the damage finally overcame the cooldown on my healing potion. Didn't seem like I was doing much to him. Appreciate the advice!

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

stump collector posted:

If you can get your dp up around 270 you should be fine. For archer you should prioritize your awakening weapon to do big damage. With some hp recovery and monster damage on skill add ons you should have no problems killing the chief.

Another big thing impacting your damage output is not being level 60. Skill ratios are much higher, and cooldowns are lower, so you will end up doing much more damage as a result.

All that said id try to use some of the questing armors (mediah gives a helmet, Valencia gives gloves, calpheon gives roaring magical armor, etc) and nesser gear if you can. The gear he has for rent is slightly worse than pen tuvala...so maybe rent an awakening weapon until you get a big upgrade on your current one

Awesome, I'll definitely give all of this a shot. 270 AP seems really tough to get to, but I've just been coasting up to this point so I guess I was due for some grinding. Thanks so much for the help

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

stump collector posted:

Nah I meant defense, 270ap is indeed tough. You'll get to 61 and 1100ish skillpoints relatively quickly with the right buffs/quests/etc and you'll start doing a lot more damage with your current gear.

I went and grabbed some Nesser gear and that put me up to 190. That combined with those cron meals from the event gave me enough AP to get through that part of the quest. Crazy how much of a difference 10 AP can make

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Yeah the Nesser gear brought my awakening AP up to 190ish. I'm guessing awakening AP is how much damage my greatbow skills do? Regardless of what it actually does things are going a lot smoother now. I'm on to the area after Kamasylvia now.