Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So let me get this straight since everyone seems to hate it, I can't walk around and punch guys and have fun with this for a month for $30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I have low standards for fun, bought.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I payed $50 for Albion and played it 2 hours, couldn't be any worse of a use of money.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

lewtt posted:

niggastomper59 is too cliche white cop email

are the voip wars done? can we treaty? as thread owner I declare the voipwars resolution to be called the "Suicide Pact"

I'm so disappointed no one took this.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:Alright cool guys, if you played a class and liked it, do a short writeup of it and i'll toss it in OP:eonwe::eonwe:

Wizards/Witches

Enjoy kiting things and pooping out AoEs? How about pretending you are a healer/support? Do you have a goon friend to take a hit for you? If you answered yes to any of these questions you are a lazy piece of poo poo who can't play a more skilled class, but that's okay! With enough AoE you can look competent while bragging to your friends how you just saved them a press of their potion button and that they should line up for giving you the blow jibs and loving their wives/husbands/horse.

Righto so here's how your combat will go:
1. Pull things with your magic missiles or make your party members do it
2. AoE Stun/Knockdown/Freeze
3. Cast a Spell
4. Run like hell while you missile/heal/cry until cc is up or the target(s) aren't looking at you
5. Repeat 2, 3 and 4 until things are dead, replace 3 with heals or MP regen if needed

Basic Needs: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/2574 500ish skill points is the "easy" point to reach.
My Non Reachable Goal(donotsteal): http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/2579 Level Earthquake/Meteor last

What you take as damage filler spells is up to you, chain lightning starts great at low levels but falls off later. Blizzard is good but it is a channeling spell unlike Thunderbolt and Fireball. Tank and MP summons are cool. At least level one of most buffs are cool. Max HP is bad, Staff is bad, Dagger is bad, Revival is bad. Level 1 of the Ice CCs are enough. Earthquake/Meteor are your gently caress you spells and you CAN put points into them but they are expensive and you can only use them once a minute/minute and a half at max level. You can cast while moving on horse, just know horse will die, such is the life of horse, getting hosed.
1v1 PvP is pain. Group PvP is joy. More than one Wizard/Witch is what I imagine sex is like.

:effort: Someone else can put more time in to it but it's something for now.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 20, 2016

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Sigh.... I might be around for the headstart logging pacts.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So uhhh reading the mega guide I stumbled on this:

This poo poo is priority 1 right?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

But how will we get an army of pink elephants then? I NEED instant gratification, I can't wait for this poo poo to get pooped out from Korea...

All joy in my life has been shattered.

I was going to take it on walks! Maybe boat rides!

gently caress!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

We probably have enough 2/28 spergs to fill the guild initially. Is there a limit to how fast we can level the guild for more room?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

kalstrams posted:

Community drama news are stale, hopefully not for too long - they're playing pot meet kettle.

At least there is something useful on the subreddit - Korean galleries of character presets.

Looking at the witch page I fear I am now on a watch list.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

kalstrams posted:

Don't click tamer if you still savour the hope.

I did out of curiosity. The soulless eyes call out for death, these are eyes that have seen things. A man in a Korean net cafe rubbing himself perhaps while the guy 3 stalls down has a stroke from several years of red bull enemas.

I'll give our template site credit that it has much less creepy looking poo poo on it(or did before it melted).

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Or just text him some classic goatse. Teach him not to hand out responsibilities ever.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Okay you drat foreign pussies/ pussies with lives/ well adjusted individuals, I for one will be here and ready to poop in this empty ice cream container. See I can put the lid on it and I don't have to smell it then later I can empty it into my neighbors jetta.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

"$100"

Drinkfist

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Clocks posted:

By all means please keep arguing about server choice so I know where to sign up tomorrow when us $50 plebs join in :allears:

Fwiw the server fuckery and Daum's response is super unfortunate but if the majority of goons landed in Orwen it seems like a good idea to just stick there.

We have 40+ on Orwen, it's fun and we love each other while laughing at Drinkfist and filtering several European accents in mumble.

Fun Fact: There is no RP on Orwen

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Stormgale posted:

Random thought: I was thinking of for personal use making a node tool to work out the best way of getting a specific set of nodes (say you want to connect 3 cities and get this farm) would that be interesting to anyone? Maybe even one for city buildings too.

If nothing else I could math my route from Velia to Heidel(to Glish to Keplan) to Calpheon. From those places I can tendril out to any leveling areas I want.

Glish is also a surprisingly good crafting town, refinery 3 and tools 3/4.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Jackard posted:

You could spend an hour watching videos that might answer your specific question,

or maybe just ask it because :wtc:

And when they ask we tell them to read the op because we've explained it 5 times this hour already to some people who don't even want to listen and end up asking again.

If it is something simple like how do stones work or is something worth something fine but I'm not explaining everything about nodes and crafting.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Grondoth posted:

It seems like everyone who played that game experienced a great trauma, cause they can't not compare things to it. What happened over there?

"Goon loving"

That's all.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Lets be generous and say I've only spent half of that present at the screen. 106 hours. I paid $100. It was worth it and I have no need of the cash shop.

$30 for the game and $30 for a costume comes out to the cost of a full priced game and you won't get 106 hours out of most $60 games.

Who cares if you can't be an ideal pretty princess until later, they have to keep income coming in from people who already paid somehow and they choose to go full milk. For every 10 people turned off by it some other idiot will pay $300 to dye their $100 preorder costume. Could they have more money if everyone bough smaller amounts? Maybe but this system seems to be working so why bother complaining, drop your pants.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I guess I'm sort of enjoying it but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do that necessitates a group, at least as far as leveling goes. I miss Chinagame...

Are there methods to level other than run around completing lame quests? Is it practical to just grind in a camp?

First off quests don't level you, if you want character levels grinding is how to do it. Other that that everything else gives a tiny amount of experience. Group things come in at the 45-50 range or in grind groups leveling.

We have goons who still haven't touched leveling and are just crafting.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Clocks posted:

25 cyclops in 25 minutes... Did we make it? :ohdear:

No

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

You were in Kimsemus' grind spot, war was declared. He's the guild diplomat take up grievances with him.

*deep breath* Parks deced on us we deced on them kimsemus dropped it to declare on Tempest and MostlyHarmless then lewtt redeced on parks after undecing bakawatch.

Understand?

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 13, 2016

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

kalstrams posted:

Actually, *unfold the scroll* we deced on Parks first, and it took Grithok 2 days to come up with diplomatic response.

well gently caress

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Rafza posted:

re: wizard chat, try to get your party members to give you their black spirit energy and use your meteor ability at 200%

its an airstrike of multiple meteors and i suspect it does ridiculous damage, though i haven't tried it in pvp

Just use the 100% for the stunlock and shield

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Jerks.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Drythe posted:

A Roleplay chat channel has been added.

Forget the other cool stuff this is the best thing.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Drythe posted:

What's our RP gimmick?

erp pirates get with it.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

both of those are great ideas we can probably mix it all together, Yugoslavian dragon pirates.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

OH GOD the fish suit has googly eyes!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Someone asked for a hooker pic.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Which one of you poo poo fucks died to parks and rec?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Zarcnest posted:

RedTonic :]

Hope she got her pay neutered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Happy?