Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Has anyone called it "Hack Desert Online" yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

RedTonic posted:

So what's the deal with the countries on the map? I thought they were supposed to be different servers when I first saw this hot mess, but evidently not. Just different zones for the leveling pilgrimage?

There are different auction houses and personal storage for each country - as fast travel is rare/nonexistent, this may be a big deal. Each capital city has a guild-owned castle to fight over. There may be more castles elsewhere but I'm not sure about that. Only the first three countries will be in at launch; Media and Valencia will come later.

On a side note, we should take this node and hold on to it as firmly as possible:

Not because there's any tactical advantage or what have you. I just like the name.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

kalstrams posted:

There is no fast travel, and there are only 5 castles as of Valencia II.

Ah, okay. That's kinda disappointing, it's cooler to have many different objectives to fight over.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

I'm proud that I pay taxes. The money will be used to make Balenos great again.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

LegalPad posted:

You can plant a farm directly on top of another player's farm. Your farm will phase in and theirs will phase out when you gear close enough.

I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with their instancing technology. The pop-in everywhere might look a little silly, but the seamless transitions are pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Take a day to think about what you did.

"And then he said, 'Get the hell out of my guild!'"

"And that's the story of Drinkfist Finto."