Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
SPERM (WHALE) HUNTING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Eonwe posted:

1 month

Honestly thats probably long enough because by then everybody will have quit.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Koreans were abusing the mechanic for goldselling, so it got patched out.

No fun mechanics allowed otherwise koreans will abuse it for gold selling purposes.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

kalstrams posted:

When I logged onto the website right on the dot (18:00 UTC), trying to refresh, error after error occurred. It took 45 minutes just to SEE the screen that would allow me to make a family name and then I got another few more errors. Naturally by the time I was able to log on completely, all the names I wanted were already taken by that point. (And yes my PC and internet are awesome). So my question is, why does EVERY pre-order client get to reserve names all at the EXACT same time on a server that can't even dream of handling that kind of traffic? It's black desert online, not google. (Google and Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.) If the admission onto the servers is staggered, why isn't the ability to reserve a name staggered as well?? It should be staggered by at least a day to give people who purchased conqueror's package a chance to log on and make a name that first day. (Explorer's package the second day, Traveler's package the third.) Or allow people to make names a couple days prior to their ability to play BDO for the first time, as their "Package" indicates. Consider all the people who were at hard work that Tuesday morning (or slacking off at work) and had no chance to make a family/character name. Little do they know ALL good names were gone within the hour! I paid $100.00 for this game and could have EASILY been beaten out by a person who ONLY paid $30.00 for the game and won't even play the game for a few weeks afterwards. (Jokingly) But hey, he's got the name I wanted, so he's set! Seriously though, this definately needs to be fixed! I know of several very angry people whom this also happened to, buying the conqueror's package and not being able to make it onto the website, like some poor man's lottery. People who spent the most money on this game should have first rights to names. Second should have second rights and third to third. Congratulations to those whose pressing F5 skills were impressive. My condolences to the other 95% who failed to click refresh "correctly". Thank you very much for your time and consideration in reading this.

no, thank you.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

I look forward to roleplaying as a horse molester minigame master with the rest of you for the few weeks this keeps us entertained.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why don't we just join some random global chat spamming guild and let them handle the arduous duty of leadership.

It will probably have a sweet name too like ~dragon knights~ or ~ sword art online~

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

kalstrams posted:

If I would want niggerstomper58 to be my clan leader, I would just go to hellthread.

Is having niggerstomper58 as our clan leader an option?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

I bet you all cant wait to hunt whales with guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVcCkuiytvc

Is that considered a tradeskill?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

I hope that music is actually what plays while you fight it.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why do MMOs with no PVE content always try and push some lovely story?

Just make the story about angry desert people killing horses/whales and trade carts on the side of the road so it actually reflects the gameplay.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

What was the resolution to the voip wars?
Cool kids on discord and angry old timers on CTS?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Conot posted:

As I'm currently stuck at work: Can anyone confirm whether Witch IS actually in/playable?

Hopefully things will be a bit calmer serverwise by the time I log on.

Playing a witch now

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Motherfuckers.

I logged out in the town/village and went to bed but i guess it keeps your character in world for a few minutes?

loving scarecrows

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

350mb patch but I'm not sure what it actually contains?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

BabyFur Denny posted:

It's not like there's a link to the patch notes in the launcher, is it? :shrug:

I might be blind but i can't find recent patch notes anywhere.
The stuff on the forum is days old.

Might be the PK system fix?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Am I supposed to know who that is?

Just lol if you don't know all the ex-archeage guild masters and current guild masters of the 2016 mmo black desert online.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

SweetBro posted:

Advanced autism. Nothing new.

Let me guess you didn't even purchase the $100 super value package either?

Seriously go back to wow.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

SirBuddha posted:

How the gently caress do you sell fish in this lovely game...

Take it to a trade broker.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

hobocrunch posted:

So I decided to straight up buy the game, I thought it was $50 but $30 im totally fine paying if it gets me even a few weeks of gameplay. Are there any details for Goon guilds when this goes live (Australian player).

Come release lewtt is making a guild on Eden server where the majority of us will play.

(Probably)

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

Sperglord 1 reporting in.
Though assuming it launches at the same time as CBT2 i won't be on for 2-3hrs after launch.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Eonwe posted:

a secret goon benefactor is offering to buy me the $100 pack but i dont think i can accept it

Are they forcing you to use discord?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Rivv posted:

Also this is pretty much overwhelming, I have no idea how to even start planning this out in a meaningful manner.

It is pretty much just the locations and tiers/levels of the crafting system/player and slave housing where higher level buildings craft better gear/items.

I'm not sure if you played any cbt crafting but you basically just invest contribution points which are totally refundable and a bit of silver to unlock the different types of houses all of which don't really matter unless you feel like setting up a npc slave network.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

DirtyFalcon posted:

Let the splintering and lovely alliances begin. Archeage reunion thread.

Or did we already splinter? what was the outcome of the VOIP wars?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hey Kim why is your discord so dead? Its just me and YOTC talking in here.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

kojicolnair posted:

Yeah I was leaning towards witch but there's so many. Whatever I'll just be another one of many, I had too much fun with witch in the beta.

That and playing any of the melee and super combo classes with high latency is pretty terrible whereas with a witch/wizard it's pretty playable/fun with my 200ms.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Fat and Useless posted:

So uhhh reading the mega guide I stumbled on this:

This poo poo is priority 1 right?

I don't think elephants are in at release.
At least on the map they show elephant taming as happening in Valencia.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I upgraded to the $50 pack

That skin looks p bad and I don't think I'd even use that do I'll save $50

I think the only upside is it gives you the passive benefits?
Like +10% xp

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

are there benefits to owning a ship other than just being able to use it whenever you want?

You can't interact with the ship at all unless you own it so you can basically just ride it.

If you own it you can use its cargo space which will be pretty important if you want to fish or trade on the ocean.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

ioneye posted:

do you nerds wanna play with the server with pvpers or the rpers

rpers so we can fit in

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

Put me down as another with more money than sense. Are we going to be living out of bandit town?

Isn't in the game yet.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is the $50 pack worth it if I'm upgrading from the $30 pack? I think I might want the pet.

$20 for a cat?

BARGAIN

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I know it's a bad purchase but I'm thinking I might want to slit my wrists from doing all this looting considering how fast this poo poo dies.

Well i bought the $100 pack for the headstart so i'm no bastion of wisdom but the $50 pack for the pet is only worthwhile if you want the other poo poo in it because for the $20 upgrade price you could buy 2 pets on the store? ( i think they are 900 pearls each)

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

johnsonrod posted:

I convinced myself to upgrade to the second package and now I find out the preorder is over.

What have I done???

Saved yourself $20

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

RunAndGun posted:

I found on reddit (sorry, getting info on this from anywhere)
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/2r2ltf/guild_system_breakdown_read/
that you have to be a level 50 to start a guild. On the other hand, that post was a year ago for a different region. Furthermore, I'm not sure if that applies to clans.

We've started guilds on the CBT before and while lewtt is a pretty amazing leveler i think he was just level 15?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Whats the point in having high knowledge of a mob?
Increased loot and XP?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Pews posted:

I'll be there in 2 hours. Since I am unoriginal af my family name and character name are the same as my SA username

Pews Pews?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

This launch seems about normal for a MMO

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

THANKS LEWTT.
Incurred the wrath of the "Laughing Coffins" RP guild.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Mech battle chicken orcs filled castle which were dancing, bowing and then falling over.

A++ would grind again

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Givin posted:

Now that the headstart stuff is over, would anyone be willing to drop some info on the difference between the $30 and $50 packages? Is a tier 3 horse, horse flute, and my choice of pet going to really give me twenty dollars of an advantage over other dudes?

Game looks fun for an actiony game. I honestly know nothing at all about this other than what's been said in this thread which is infinitely more information I could gather from their website/forums. How many of you are planning on PVPing in this? Other than guild wars and castle sieges, this doesn't seem to be made as a kill man simulator. What are your experiences so far?

No its not worth it is the basic answer.
You will basically never use the horse flute and the majority of the time running everywhere is a better thing so you can build your stamina up. ( and it's not that hard to breed a t3 horse in game)

For $8-9 you can just buy the pet which is really the only useful part of the $50 pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Oh and about the pvp thing, you can only pvp past level 45 which takes a decent amount of time and only a few goons are currently that high.

I think the total pvp experience of the game so far is one goon being ganked by randoms while grinding mobs and some war declarations which resulted in 0 deaths and 0 kills.