Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

kalstrams posted:

Goon AA drama sounds amazing. :allears:

It was, it was what made the game great.

Ive told this to Eonwe, but in case anyone who remembers the incident and amount of drama that followed, it was me and a buddy who ganked that wicked officer early on and took his tradepack, causing him to have a meltdown and demand all the high level meetings with goon leaders.
We had just left the guild over the pedo defenders, but my wife was an officer and hadn't left yet, but was hanging out with us. We had made a guild with a tag that looked like "GOON" and were looking for friendlies to kill, when we see some guy from wicked. We still had whatever the goon symbol was on our sails, so he waved at and passed by really lose with seemingly no concern in the world. My buddy lassoed his rear end off his boat and he and I commenced killing him surprisingly quickly, as he was quite unprepared for a fight.

We didn't think much of it until my wife told us that it was being mentioned in goon chat, and that wicked was mad about goons betraying them. Wicked blamed my wife for it, and I think had a screen shot of her standing on the boat. We thought that this was the only grief that would result, but then we got to hear the recordings from wicked's mumble of their reaction and read the transcripts of the officer meetings that followed. It seemed to kick off a lot of the suspicion that undermined the alliance, for which we couldn't have been happier. We were also the "goons" that kept attacking the fishers, at least until kismensus came back and burnt everything to the ground.

Was it kismensus or werkwerk who led the raid that became a giant fight against wicked out in the ocean after we stole their tradeship? The amount of rage in general chat after that was also p funny. Also the CDC blockades.

If we can get close to repeating that stuff in this game, or any of the stories werkwerk has told me about wushu, $30 will be worth it no matter how bad the game itself is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

kalstrams posted:

:laffo:

What was the deal with the loving transcripts though?

From what I remember, the pedos and pedo defenders liked to try and deny the things they said/did, so goons started keeping proof and posting it on the forums.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Grabbed some keys, thanks for the link. See you in the 'verse citizens! :pgabz:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

CrashCat posted:

I didn't log in through the gameitems.com site, I only gave them a (disposable) email and had to click a verification email to get the key. So just don't log in from their page I guess.

I Used disposable email also, we'll know it was a scam tomorrow if the keys don't do anything.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Charles Bukowski posted:

We need more names. Balistafreak, sperglord Lincoln, Holyshoot, FebreezeNinja, Fatmouse, Wangja, Best, Sluggerkraut, Ballertime! Who else am I missing? Actually, I don't even know who ended up going over to Wicked and being giant baby cunts about everything, so maybe nevermind.

Haha, id forgotten about Lincoln, that guy was a treasure :allears:

In fact, The first time I met Eonwe was when he was TKing Lincoln repeatedly for acting like a sperglord. Good stuff

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Congrats, it's about time you were immortalized with your pink elephant

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Ruggan posted:

Ok so here are some shirt tag lines. This one is for you creative bandwagonners.

Front: "Val krie ate some drama"
Back: "Goons always do :rolleyes:"

And the classic:

Front: "karmas a bitch"
Back: "bdo goonsquad 2016"

Finally:

Front: "$10 here" (not pictured: front shirt pocket)
Back: "you'll never auth goon discord j4g"

$9.99 for all three. Payments by check or money order only. Sizes XL XXL and ST.

What is this?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Ruggan posted:

Basically this guy named badr/tempus thales (some j4g who now self identifies as a goon that despises j4gs) sucked up to a bunch of goons in AA and SWO, made some t shirts which he then tried to sell to said goons, actively tried to obtain positions of leadership, was baited into stealing worthless money from a goon group in AO and now shills for the goon discord of which he was stripped of any power after having a modicum for a short period.

Idk I just can't let it go, it's still very funny to me

I read about the guild bank stuff with that guy in the Albion thread, which was great on its own. I see good things happening if he is playing with us in this game, im really only here for the meltdowns.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Godmode Enabled posted:

Trailer for the game.
They got Tay *Chocolate Rain* Zonday to narrate... bad decision :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7bVcGlgfo

This is so impressively bad and cringey. The idea that someone in charge watched that and then said something like "yup, that's exactly what we were going for, release that poo poo to the public" is exactly why I want to play this game.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Which class will be best at killing horses? Something ranged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
The control scheme and UI for this game is such poo poo I'm not sure I want to bother with it