Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
This is a good OP. May it never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
There are so many great sandbox games out now that we're all huddled in here throwing dollars at a Korean game no one likes.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I thought Eonwe was in charge.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Eonwe posted:

someone get Arus to run a guild for BDO

I'd try but he's a Difficult Goon.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
The cool thing about discord is that literally anyone can set up a splinter server at any time so you can tell Kimsemus to go gently caress himself, pimp your own VOIP-fief, and spend all your time in mumble anyway.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Eonwe posted:

can we just say gently caress it and go on to waiting for the next MMO already

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Eonwe posted:

"Let us dispel the notion that Drinkfist does not know exactly what he is doing. Drinkfist knows exactly what he is doing."

"Let us dispel the notion that Drinkfist does not know exactly what he is doing. Drinkfist knows exactly what he is doing."

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

hobocrunch posted:

I really don't want to blind purchase this game before I try it, and I keep missing the keys posted in the reddit thread. Are they easily obtainable? There seems like there's heaps floating around.

You can always wait for guest passes to start popping up here on launch day.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Xavier434 posted:

Does anyone know how I can fix all of the shadow flickering? It mostly happens when I am moving my character but it is really bad.

PSA: Horses don't swim and carts don't float.

Never ford the river

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I thought I also heard something about how which mode you ran it in (windowed, fullscreen, etc.) could have a pretty dramatic effect on performance. I'm mostly just happy that my Radeon HD 6850 can run this game at all.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

RedTonic posted:

The residence decor thing is more fun than it should be and I bet some idiots are gonna go for real broke interior-designing their virtual digs.

There were furniture sets in the cash shop during the beta, so yes.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Eonwe posted:

i am also biased because I have bought overpriced packs and seen other goons buy overpriced packs when they didn't get much out of them

Buy the $30 pack so you have an extra $70 on hand to invest in Star Citizen ships.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

LegalPad posted:

Are the character slots listed in the preorder lists total slots or additional slots?

Additional. Everyone gets four as a baseline.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Pretty sure other regions can sell pets on the market, but that was deemed too pay2win for us.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I think we'll get most existing content on an accelerated schedule, but they'll want to release the updates at a steady rate to keep players interested rather than dump everything at once and have players get bored waiting for new content.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Guild name: Hype Squad

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Tamer's awakening looks really cool, but I ended up liking Valkyrie better.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I went with the gay–bees–pact coalition.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
You all picked the pendant in Dark Souls just in case, didn't you.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Pre-orders have closed, so if you didn't order the $100 pack before now, you no longer have the option. Congratulations, lucky savers.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Should we start posting ICQ/Skype info here too?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
My theory has been that they'll keep costume prices high but host frequent, brief sales. My other theory has been that they'll keep costume prices high because people will still pay.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

bonds0097 posted:

So when you get a knowledge grade for killing a mob it's randomly assigned and doesn't change so you have to reset it at the library and try again to get a higher grade? Am I understanding that right?

Yes, but it's pointless to do this if you're not planning to hang around and kill that mob a lot in the future.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Alternately: If you S-rank all mob types in the game, you unlock Pokémon no. 151 in your Pokédex.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Ap0calyps3 posted:

So are there many goons playing on Edan? I rolled there before all the fuckups happened and hit level 22 before checking this thread again. Don't really feel like rerolling now that ive redeemed my pay2win stuff from the conquerers pack.

SFD is playing on Edan. We're smaller and more casual than the main goon guild right now, but we're open to server-shenanigans refugees. My family name is Wildlife if you want to add me.

I'll write a proper guild introduction when I'm not phone-posting from bed.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I just sent this to lewtt to put in the OP, but in the meantime:

Starfleet Dental (SFD) opens its flabby arms to goons on Edan server. We are a competitive Guild Wars 2 raid guild that has branched out into casual Black Desert Online animal husbandry. Great Successor Arus and Grand General Visidan couldn’t be arsed, so Notable Member Probad will be leading the effort. We are an equal-opportunity employer of non-dickheads. To apply, register on our forums and follow the directions in Public Registration.

Website / Forums / SA Thread / YouTube / Steam Group / #sfdental on irc.synirc.net

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Ap0calyps3 posted:

Cool, Ive sent you a whisper from Sacriliege

I didn't see your whisper when I got on this morning (I was AFK-fishing through the night), so I tried to send you a friend request. Let me know if you didn't get it. In the meantime you can head over to our forums to get registered there and get access to our custom-tailored VOIP system.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
SFD is very special.

I've heard the same thing about sorceress, but usually with the caveat that her awakening (we don't have these yet) really improves her pve game.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I'll be more helpful: Orwen goons have already hit guild cap and started an overflow guild. I haven't even had to increase SFD's player limit yet. We're smaller if size matters to you.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

LegalPad posted:

Is registering on the offsite forums and all that required to be in the guild?

Yep. That's just how we are.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Looks like I'll head to Edan to suffer with SFD. What...sub-server or whatever should I pick? The OP just says Edan. Or does it not matter?

Channel doesn't matter, but we're usually in Calpheon E2

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

central posted:

I want to play with SFD. I see they're on Edan, but does it matter which sub-option (or whatever) I pick?

No not really.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Ah I'm glad I turned off region chat on day 1. I knew they'd be showing up eventually.

It was a pretty poo poo channel before the spammers came along anyway.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Today on Kerrzhe Got A New Horse:

omg it can't even see this is too adorable :allears:

That's a great horse. Mine are still a little doofy.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Chewbot posted:

Been enjoying the game but had an honest realization after finally diving into all the node stuff:

You link nodes to make trade routes, which lets you hire workers, which lets you make beer, which lets you keep workers making more beer... wait, what's the point of this? I assume at some point it'll generate income somehow, I'm just finding that reason kind of opaque from my current viewpoint. Anyone got insights?

Eventually this process results in a fancy boat.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Those are indeed a shitload of numbers. Do they actually mean anything? :psyduck:

Yes, but the information isn't actually useful.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I thought it was spelled "git," but I could be behind the times.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Rhymenoserous posted:

*happily chomps down on a 5-guys burger whilst learning to cook in his video game*

"Guys i'm learning life skills."

This is me.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
You can make food that recovers more worker stamina than beer does, but I don't know if it's any more energy or cost efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Grondoth posted:

It's in no way more energy efficient, but if you got a guy who just, say, cracks wheat, it's not bad. I use a mixture of oatmeal and beer. Beer is ridiculously easy to make, but oatmeal is worth 2.5 beers so sometimes it feels good to use.
Also I feel bad feeding people nothing but beer.

You can also make Cheese Pie, but that's a waste of perfectly good Milk.