Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I picked the game up because I know some people who play it and there's a promotion going on where if you hit level 50 on a free trial account they just give you the game for free.
So far I've filled all the lodging spots in Velia with potato pickers and chopped a lot of badguys in half with my big glowy purple Kriegsmesser, so I guess things are going well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Truga posted:

are you playing the season thing btw? season is great becaue you get a 3 billion worth ring for just doing 40 really simple daily quests.

Yup! I am on a season character and all.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Newbie questions about the transportation system:
It looks like you can order stuff to be moved around remotely from any storage NPC, but you can't actually pay for it remotely. Am I missing something, or if I wanted to ship potatoes from Velia to Calpheon would I really have to ride all the way up to Velia first and deposit a stack of cash to pay for future trips?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

stump collector posted:

Cool, the nesser gear also might have higher accuracy and monster damage than what you had before. Also 130 awakening AP on archer is kind of poor, fixing that should help you breeze through most areas. I think 200ish/250 should clear almost any of the lower tier spots in the game. Your next big goal is softcap, or 253/296 I believe. That's when you can start to so the hard spots and make crazy money

Edit. I'm more of a life skiller so if you have questions on that I can help out more. I'm bad at grinding

Well 250ap gear also probably costs a thousand times as much as 130ap gear so it might be quite a grind before a newbie can get there.

If it's a season character you should be able to pretty easily get a TRI tuvala weapon though and get your awakening ap to about the same level as your main weapon.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Manxome Foe posted:

Is there any way to simplify the combat? I really like how it plays, it just feels like there's WAY too many abilities/combos, and trying to remember how to do all of them is super overwhelming. Having main attack, secondary attack, and then 3 "ability" attacks, with directional AND shift modifiers on them is loving crazy.

play Shai and hold right mouse button imo