Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J
Jun 10, 2001

My berserker dude is level 35 at the moment - should I pay more attention to upgrading my gear or will I get some from quest rewards? I haven't really been thinking about it but then I noticed nothing has level requirements. I have a few blackstones of each type and a couple million silver to work with, should I just go ahead and grab a yuria weapon and taritas armor and use these stones on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

What's the best way to explore all the islands for the max energy gains? Do I need a fancy fishing boat to do that in any kind of reasonable time frame? I haven't made any rafts/boats/whatever yet but I'm going to guess the raft is slow as gently caress.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If you aren't guilded so they can't declare war, and if you aren't wearing expensive gems.... what's stopping you from just coming back to the same spot over and over to gently caress over their karma if they keep trying to kill you over a grind spot?

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm up to around 180 contribution points and have been messing around with different nodes and life skills trying out different things, but I can't help but feel from a moneymaking perspective I should just be running as big of a sunflower crate operation as I can afford. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like a lot of the decently valuable alchemy craftables require some seriously annoying materials to get, (fruits of ___, and traces of ____), and timber crates take so much energy and are so time consuming to chop all that wood. Seems like sunflowers are so nice from a lazy profit perspective.

J
Jun 10, 2001

At endgame pve or pvp, which type of resistance (grapple, knockdown, stun, etc) is most important to try and get on your gear if possible?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Felony posted:

Any idea why I am no longer able to make Pure Iron Crystals? I have the necessary skills and the knowledge. I have made them previously, but now I am getting "nothing will be made like this". The recipe is heating 2 metal solvent and 3 iron ingots. Screenshots below showing skills and what not.

Just to be 100% sure, you did the "materials for skills" quest from Vatudun in Keplan? He's the orc dude in the cave underneath the town, but he didn't show me any quests available until I talked to this random no-name dwarf NPC in the blacksmith in the town first. You can't even see the quest icon above his head due to where he's tucked into that building. That quest sent me to Vatudun who gave me the quests to get the pure iron processing knowledge. I didn't actually even try to do this until professional 5 processing though, so I'm not sure what processing level is actually required. I didn't know you had to talk to that random NPC first to get vatudun to give any quests, because I did check him before I was prof 5.

If you did all that, processed them before, and now it's just not working, not sure what else it could be unless you're mixing up metal solvent with something like melted lead/tin shards which have almost the exact same icon.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Am I about to get ganked all the time shortly? :ohdear:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Felony posted:

I don't believe I have done that quest. What's odd is it is in my processing list which means I have either learned it from an npc and/or made it myself. I could have sworn I have made them.

As mentioned by others you probably got it from melting down a weapon of some sort. If you enter keplan from the northeast entrance right in front of you there should be this smithy building, there is a dwarf in there named "villager" who, if you have high enough gathering/processing, will give you a quest to go talk to vatudun. He'll give you a quest line that will end with the processing knowledge.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I guess I should start thinking about upgrading my gear. I've been levelling so slowly and focusing on the crafting side of the game, I haven't given it much thought. I just have the +7 basteer weapon and +5 armor at the moment, not quite high enough to get the black spirit quests related to those yet. I have like 35 million or so silver - should I just go ahead and buy a +15 yuria weapon for 25mill or so? Or do I try to make it myself and use failstacks to combine accessories and whatnot? It's pretty tempting to just buy a +15 yuria so I can at least kill poo poo faster while working on enhancing armor. I only have like 2 weapon blackstones anyway, but quite a few more armor ones. Most of the "I'm a fresh 50 help what do I do" advice I've read seems to be aimed at people who have no silver and just powerlevelled straight to 50.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Raithe posted:

I've put a few hours in this week and still have no idea what the gently caress is going on. I have two houses that are completely dark and have no furniture. I opened a window but can't afford a bed.

I can't loving connect nodes anywhere. I think I wasted my investment points trying to figure it out how to do it and then couldn't figure out how to un-invest said points. the guides make everything clear as mud.

I really like this game but Jesus Christ I am lost right now. I couldn't even work out how to join the guild to ask for advice :\

House lightning is weird - when I started the game and got a house it was lighted just fine, then all of a sudden it was pitch black like 5 days later and I have no idea why. I'm also not sure what the newbie option for lightning is, since I ended up buying a chandelier but that would be expensive for a new player who won't have enough silver for one.

Regarding nodes and investing - if you open the map and right click on a node, it will auto path you to the node manager. To invest in a node you have to talk to the node manager and click the "node management" button, you can't do this remotely from the map. then in the top left you'll see a button to invest contribution into the node to buy it. This takes contribution points, which you get as a reward from doing quests. (Contribution experience) Once you invest in the main node, if it has any gathering nodes (mining, lumbering, farming), you'll be able to then invest in those, and once you do so it will let you send a worker to it to gather from.

You can only invest in a node if you already own a node connected to it, like a town. You don't need to invest in the town itself, they are freebies. in the top left of your UI you'll see your level, and 3 numbers next to it on the right. Combat skill points, energy, and contribution points. Now, once you've invested in a node, you can open the map again and click on it. From here, if you changed your mind and want your contribution points back, you can click "contribution withdrawal" and get all your contribution points back. You can do that from anywhere, you don't need to be at the node manager to do it. So don't worry about wasting contribution points, you can get them back.

Now, the confusing part might come from the fact that the game uses the word "invest" for both contribution points, and for energy as well. You'll see an "invest energy" button in the top left if you click on a node you own. Energy is just a resource you get 1 of every 3 minutes (2 if resting in a bed, 3 if resting in a cash shop bed). Investing in a node increased the drop rate from killing poo poo there. It takes a lot of energy to level up nodes, and you can't get it back if you change your mind, and if you ever decide to completely uninvest from the node the level will be reset. If you're just starting out don't worry about the investing energy bit for a while.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Can't wait to still never get a witch's earring or mark of shadow :q:

J
Jun 10, 2001

CountingWizard posted:

I will say that I am greatly disappointed that crafting is a waste of time. You make drops in a bucket compared to the time, effort, and profit from afk fishing. I'm a mid professional in gathering and processing, and there just isn't anything to make and sell. Current endgame and high level stuff depends on gear that only drops from monsters.

There appears to be no endgame for crafters.

Check this guy out, all he does is sit around crafting poo poo all day with a huge worker empire and has more money than he could ever use. He seems to sell a little bit of everything. Alchemy stuff, wagons, tools, life clothes, etc.

J
Jun 10, 2001

A Spider Covets posted:

Is there a guide to gaining Amity with certain important NPCs? I see in the OP there's a general guide but I was hoping more for something that shows me like, which NPCs are important to get amity for, why, and if there's a definite route to getting the most points with them.

The bdotools calculator linked above is your best bet for the best way to boost amity through the conversation game. As to which NPCs are important, it depends on what your goals are. There are armor vendors that sell certain armor sets at their amity shops, for example the grunil armor guy is in altinova, the taritas guy is in heidel, etc. Buying from them is cheaper than buying it through the market, and often the in-demand armor sets sell out on the market instantly so you have no choice if you want to repair the armor you're working on enchanting.

Some NPCs have quests that unlock at certain amity levels, this includes repeatable quests. There are a few amity-locked repeatable quests in olvia and florin, for example.

If you're looking to raise max energy a lot of the knowledge topics are available through certain npc amity games, these are all over the drat place really. But you can get your energy pretty high without doing a single one of these, but if you're trying to get it absolutely maxed out you'll need to do these to finish up a lot of knowledge topics.

I've heard having amity with trade managers gives you more attempts on the bargaining game, some post I saw said every 250 points of amity is an additional try. Haven't tested this myself.

Basically as you play through the game try to remember to glance at that amity wheel in the bottom left as you talk to npcs, that will show you what unlocks at various amity levels.

J
Jun 10, 2001

What's the best solo grinding spot for money? Currently have 93/147 ap/dp on my berserker at level 51, I can do helms no problem, elrics are a bit slow to kill but I can do them too. Haven't tried sausans since I figure I'm way under the stats people are looking for for groups and I'm not eager to get killed over a popular spot. Or should I go back and roll the dice at abandoned monastery for marks of shadow?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Eltoasto posted:

What's the best grind spot for level 50? Still catfish with Mediah out? I suppose leeching off a Susans group would be the best, but what about solo?

Depends on your gear and class. Mediah mobs are worth a lot more experience than pre-mediah mobs though, so if you can take them it's worth it. Try out helms and see how you do. Keep an eye out for the hunters (the little guys with the crossbows), they will gently caress you up so kill them first. If helms are too tough, you can try running over to the abandoned iron mine and see how that goes, it's easier than helms. You could also try manes but the manes fighters will grab you and do a ton of damage if you let them so you have to keep moving or knock them down, I find that place rather annoying because of that.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I don't know what to do for my belt slot. Tree spirit belt and ancient weapon core are both basically impossible to get off the marketplace. I guess just build up 25 failstacks and slam 2 shultz gladiator belts together to hopefully make a slightly worse tree belt?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah at low levels with not much energy or contribution points to work with, fishing is probably going to be your best moneymaker. Crate trading rackets really need a lot of nodes connected to rack up a good distance bonus, plus additional contribution to buy the needed nodes or fences to get the materials to make your crates. Fishing requires gently caress all, just some rods and inventory space and a hotspot and go.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Felony posted:

What is this about smashing crafted fishing clothes together? You can do that? That would go well with my +3 Epheria rod.

The various life skill clothes work like accessories when it comes to enchanting. Instead of using blackstones to attempt to enchant them, you just combine 2 of the same item together and if it fails you lose both of them. Getting a +1 clothes isn't too bad, but getting a +2 or higher is another story. You'll want a bunch of failstacks to attempt those and it will get real expensive real quick.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If only those goshdarned eggheads would use these newfangled puters we coulda had flying cars by now :byodood:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Snatch Duster posted:

I only have a pri ogre ring

:stare:

Getting a single ogre ring or tree belt is a complete pain in the rear end, nevermind 2 of them to attempt to enchant one. I've been trying to buy a tree belt for the past week, and I've seen posts from crazy people who have grinded out 50-54 on treants alone and not gotten one.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Are the 3 new areas intended for really geared level 55+ people or what? Haven't heard much about them yet.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Does anyone know if blue and yellow armor/weapons have a lower chance of succeeding during enchantment compared to green? I'm thinking of upgrading my +14 enchantment stacking pieces so they have an even lower chance to succeed.

I've heard people just make an alt and get it to negative karma by killing wild horses. Then unequip everything except for your +15 enchantment stacking piece and suicide over and over until it goes down to +14 so you can continue using the same item to build fail stacks.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Memory fragments are blowing up in price now that boss armors are out as well.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm a bit confused on gearing, from a PvE standpoint. On my berserker I'm currently at 102 AP and 161 DP. This is with 2 marks, and 2 witches earrings, +15 ultimate yuria axe, +5 AP topaz neck, +3 AP belt, and a saiyer knot offhand. Improving DP is easy enough, not all my armor is even +15 yet, then I need to upgrade it to ultimate, so that's fine. But AP and accuracy I'm a bit confused about. Everyone says to go saiyer knot, but I think that is with pvp in mind. If I'm not grinding purple mobs, do I really need the DP and accuracy from the saiyer offhand? I want more AP to kill poo poo faster and it seems my avenues for improving AP are all expensive (pri accessories, better belt, ogre ring, liverto/kzarka weapon.) Even if I improved all the accessories, that would be about a +15 AP gain, which would put me at 117 which is still low compared to numbers I hear other people throwing around. The offhand looks like a solid place to improve it by switching to an AP offhand but am I missing something here?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Meskhenet posted:

I just hit lvl 16. I take it in order to farm in this game you have to make fences or something and put those down somewhere?

All ive been doing is following some quests.

There is a quest in the northern guard camp north of heidel (south of velia, through the pass), that will give you a free starter 1 slot fence. If you want more farm space you have to rent bigger fences using contribution points, which you get from contribution experience which is attached to most quest rewards. Here's a good farming guide. If you decide farming isn't your thing you can always pick up and return any fences you rented, the contribution point investment isn't permanent. Also you don't have to worry about competing for land with other players, farms are instanced. You can plop your fence right on top of someone else's if you want to.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

I started a Zerker because I found out that they are getting arm cannons.
It's fun so far. Is there anything specific I should know aside from "lovely mobility and control"?

Zerker mobility is quite good. You have your evasion, shake off, lava piercer, and a move speed buff from beastly wind slash although that isn't until level 55. For pvp, I haven't seen anything better than this guide. For pve, you use raging thunder (spin) mostly. Put up the accuracy buff from headbutt and the AP buff from frenzied destroyer before you spin if you're fighting stuff that is hard enough to warrant it. Try to move around and get behind enemies as you spin instead of face tanking everything, you'll take a lot less damage and do more as well. Once you get high enough level to awaken your skills, spend as many memory fragments as it takes to get the instant +4hp on hit on your spin. You go from chain chugging pots all the time to barely needing any at all, it is absolutely worth it. I'd also level up elastic force to 3 for pve, it adds a 2nd hit to the third swing which noticeably improves the WP generation. It's ~more efficient~ to just chain chug herbal juice for WP generation instead of using elastic force, but I can't be bothered to make that much of it just for pve, and it weighs a lot. In pvp you'll need to chug herbal juice though.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yesterday I actually managed to get a liverto weapon off the market and now I feel like a dog that caught up to a car it was chasing. What's the most inexpensive way to go about getting this thing enchanted, ie how many failstacks do I build for +8 and beyond? Do I go for max failstacks as per that one chart that was floating around for each level before actually burning stones on the liverto? Do I force it at any point? I've got about 100 memory fragments in the bank right now and a bunch of scrolls to get more. Anyone got a ballpark figure on how much this is gonna cost me to get it to +15?

J
Jun 10, 2001

sushibandit posted:

Also, recover using only 1 fragment, then "repair in inventory" for a chance at a free +1 durability point each time. I ended up saving about 10 fragments that way.

Now that is a tip I would have never thought to do, drat. Thanks.

Also I'm reading in chat right now people are saying some poo poo is screwed up. Just heard that the exp bonus for life skills is bugged, people are saying everything except cooking is actually -30% exp right now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Stalins Moustache posted:

I just started playing today and I'm already in Velia and I just murdered houndreds of Goblins because I was told to do so and a black spirit keeps telling me that I should continue doing so. Nodes confuse, frustrate and annoy the poo poo out of me because I can't understand it at all, even after having read some guides :psyduck:

This is my current setup, and I've no idea what to do or how to expand it. I currently have one house in Velia with two lodgings and two workers, one of the workers now working in a farm to give me potatoes. How do I, well, do this thing? I've no idea how to continue or what to do anymore.

You use contribution points to buy nodes, and you get contribution experience as a reward from most quests. You can see the experience bar for that and how many points you have in the top left. So just keep questing and you'll be able to keep expanding your node network. By the way anything you spend contribution points on is not permanent, you can refund them anytime. On the map you can click on a node you own and withdraw the points, you don't have to run there. You've got the initial basics down with the potato farming, you'll want potatoes to make beer with to refill your worker's stamina when it runs out. To make beer, you'll need to buy a house that has the option to become a residence. Then go to the inn in velia and talk to the innkeep, who sells cooking supplies. Buy a cooking utensil, go to your residence, click the "place mode" button and plop the cooking utensil down. Then to make beer, use the cooking utensil and put in 5 potatoes, 6 mineral water, 2 leavening agent, and 1 sugar. All those things other than the potatoes are sold from the same vendor who sells the cooking utensil.

As far as what nodes to buy, that is up to you. Some nodes will have gathering subnodes you can put workers on to get stuff for you. Other nodes are just traversal nodes that get you closer to connecting somewhere else. If you want to get into the trading profession, you'll need to have the nodes you're trading between connected or else you're only going to be getting 30% of the value for your goods.

It will make more sense as you go and play with it a bit more. Just keep questing to get more points, and experiment with them since you can refund any nodes/buildings/etc. You can buy more nodes to unlock more gatherable nodes, buy more lodging to house more workers to gather more poo poo, buy buildings in towns where your workers can manufacture poo poo, and so on.

J
Jun 10, 2001

What's the best way to go about building failstacks from 25->35 to attempt duo accessories?

J
Jun 10, 2001

DancingShade posted:

Also patch note:

"Players with o or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP."

:staredog:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/89579-patch-notes-june-1st/

Oh man can't wait to read all the "UGH CASUAL CAREBEARS" complaints. :allears:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Clocks posted:

I'm as carebear as they come and even I find this change confusing. Before that was the tradeoff to losing pvp - their karma for your experience. You could choose to run back in and tank their karma if you were willing to lose some experience. Now there's literally no upside to PKing someone except to make them res at the node and run back in to annoy you? :confuoot:

Yeah it doesn't make much sense and I'm surprised they did it. It might be a little bit :tinfoil: but I wonder if they did it because they know they won't be able to do much about the hacking since everything is client side, so they are easing the pain of being killed by hackers. :shrug:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Anyone know the closest safe zone to kuit island (pirates) to switch channels? Is anything closer than epheria?

J
Jun 10, 2001

GreatestNerdEver posted:

just drop back to server selection and do it that way.

Can't loving believe I never thought of this. :doh:

J
Jun 10, 2001

glug posted:

Life skills rule:

Lookit dem quest reward shards baby.

:wth:

Didn't you get the memo this is a pvp game and anyone doing anything besides getting into pissing matches at sausans 24/7 should uninstall.

J
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

Leveling Town or Worker nodes is useless

Welp that's a whole lot of wasted energy. :suicide:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Burno posted:

I am curious how it applies to fishing - I have Heidel level 10, but only because I was trying to get more relic shards. It seemed to have worked, some nights I was pulling in 8-15 shards.

Is a relic shard a rare item? is a rare fish a rare item? what is a rare item? Was it all just rng?? :iiam:

I'll be damned if I can find the thread now but I remember seeing a post on reddit about how node level impacts fishing and the only conclusion people came to was that it helped them get more silver keys but that was it. This was quite a while ago, though so who knows.

J
Jun 10, 2001

More zerker damage buffs :toot:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Grondoth posted:

So uh... what's this 3.8 gig patch?

Here's the patch notes, they're a doozy.

Lots of class buffs across the board, exp gains buffed, enemies nerfed, processing no longer requires energy, ultimate upgrade stones are now in the game, temporary free skill resets until they introduce some new system for it, and more highlights I'm probably forgetting.

Only played for about an hour but the exp increase and mob nerfs are humongous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

The poo poo talking going on after this first set of node wars, :munch: