Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

Didn't accuracy offhands get a pretty massive buff in korea recently? You might want to take that into account if you're doing evasion as a gimmick. I'm already starting to enhance an accuracy offhand to use on my sorc when they port the change over.

He's doing the damage reduction/DP gimmick I think :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wizard horse evolving to a Tiger Rank :allears: :q:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've already quit :smug:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wassbix posted:

One thing that's sorta confusing from someone that joined Goontang last week is:

A) No one forcing anyone to pvp. Help is nice but ultimately you do what you find fun and I don't think anyone has issues with that?
B) You can literally change to 1 of 10+ channels if you want to farm/boss in peace
C) Why is everyone so mad in mumble???? Its awkward and embarrassing as hell to be in there

PS. That little pvp help session we did for Emberfiraga was lot of fun and we should host those more often. Things are documented so poorly that it's always better having someone just walk you through esoteric cancels and quirks of skills in pvp.

Goons are the worst people to play MMOs with :eng101:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lewtt posted:

at this point i really should toss lead to someone else if they're willing to do the work. "new" content isn't interesting to me at this point and I have a massive game backlog to complete

I'll take it. :getin:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
HyC did horse/11. :downsrim:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How are Valks these days?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TVDinna posted:

I could be wrong on this, but Valks are great 1vs1 but node wars and big group PvP is all that matters. Valks and Berserkers are needed to hold the line and protect the others but that's about it in large scale PvP.
Witch/Wiz are really strong in big group because of AoE abilities.

I have a Valk as a main and I made a boss alt Witch.
Witch lets you be super lazy in bosses and PvE in addition to being more impactful PvP.
I'm seriously tempted to swap my main class, but witch just feels more boring to play since melee need to dodge/block. Also, if you play warrior/berserker instead you can RP as Donald Trump because you do a gently caress ton of grabbing.

I had initially started as a sorc (got it to lvl 40) then swapped to Valk (52) and have some other various alts in the 30s. I'm thinking of coming back to gently caress around in PVE mostly since the massive gear grind rng treadmill doesn't interest me one bit. I really feel that I need to re-learn Valk from scratch because of how long I've been away so I might as well level up something else for the heck of it.

Anyone have any comments on how some of the newer classes are these days? Musa, Maehwa, Ninja, Kunoichi? Alternatively anyone know of a place that has a good outline for each class?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

nonpromqueen posted:

Just logged on last night, I only saw one person who may have had admin, but I don't :(

I do, and once I figure out how to actually transfer guild leader status we'll be good :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Holyshoot posted:

Was it you who logged on last night and made me a quarter master? I think you have to give me master rank and we lose half the funds(doesn't matter, we only have 150k). Not sure if my contract has to be renewed as well to make me master. But quarter master is just super member and can't do anything.

Yeah I realized that. There were two options to promote you. Quartermaster and Officer. I'll tag you as officer when I'm on today and then figure out what I need to do to transfer guild lead. If all else fails I think officer rank can do everything anyway.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Holyshoot has Guild Lead in Parks n Rec now.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SweetBro posted:

Is this still a gear grindy cluster gently caress?

This will never get better and only worse as time goes on. Too bad, I'd still probably play this game if the gear grind wasn't a complete cluster gently caress.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

patch notes

For every Node level raised via investing Energy, Item Drop Rate will be increased by 5% for 10% of the monsters you defeat.
For example, if the Node level is 10, you will have a 50% higher Item Drop Rate from 10% of the monsters you defeat.
By 10% of the monsters you defeat, we mean that if you defeat 10 monsters, the higher drop rate will be applied to one of the monsters.
This will not affect Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters with 100% rate.

There will be a new point system that will increase Item Drop Rates depending on the Knowledge you have.
For each Knowledge (Ecology), you will get 10 points for S-grade Knowledge, 5 points for A+, 2 points for A, and 1 point for B or lower.
Having more points will mean a higher Item Drop Rate, and this higher rate will be applied when defeating any monster.
You can check how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have on the bottom of your Knowledge Window (H).
The already existing system of having an advantage if you have a higher grade Knowledge of the specific type of monster you are fighting has not been changed.
Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters will not be affected by how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have.

This is a great loot system :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Don't. Just don't read. I'm angry and this is me venting.

Goddam loving game. Turned a great looking sandbox into a loving prostitute slot machine.

Is...is....is this a good Drinkfirst post? :holymoley:

Pretty spot on tbh.