Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I wish this was streaming someplace :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

flashy_mcflash posted:

Also the portrayal of Canada as being this welcoming place for Syrian refugees is, uh, somewhat less than accurate. There's been a poo poo TON of Conservative pushback on that.

Which means jack poo poo.

The government doesn't care (I"m surprised they didn't go for a cheap Trudeau joke) and people have given so much to refugees that in Montreal they had to beg people to stop giving them stuff till July.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

poty posted:

Is there a better answer than Churchill? I guess it's kind of weird that pacifist Sanders chose one of the most celebrated wartime leaders ever, but I don't think you can go wrong with the man who risked everything standing up to Hitler and ended up leading the liberation of Western Europe.

I mean, Mandela's great and his story is moving, but what was his foreign policy?

Mandela is a weird leader who while a great symbol was kind of poo poo at politics. He gets a ton of deserved credit for the end of Apartheid and working to bring South Africans together in peace but his unwillingness to crush the poo poo out of the corruption in his own party and among his successors is a huge blackmark against him.

Churchill was poo poo but a ton of the modern criticism against him comes up due to changes in how we look at history. He wasn't super insane compared to most of his peers.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Neeksy posted:

This show is amazing. The fact that Comedy Central let her go must weigh on them heavily.

I'm sure they are kicking themselves in the teeth over it. Bee would have wreaked poo poo on the Daily Show.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ZoninSilver posted:

The Trump Supporters segment is possibly the hardest I've cringed so far this year.

That was pretty rough for sure.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Bass Bottles posted:

Trump is a compelling argument for super delegates.

And Cruz, everyone in the GOP both know they are losers which is why the are pushing Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The Sanders supports came off as Paultards in there devotion.

• Locked thread