Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
My car in 1987 could turn the loving lights off with the ignition switch. My new car just beeps at me. They took the time to wire a sensor to trigger the beeper, just make them turn off.

On topic:
https://gfycat.com/SarcasticIdioticGavial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Serak posted:

Always be embedding

I never know if table breaking is still bannable.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Residents near the Roxborough Antenna Farm here in Philly have reported AM signals coming through the plumbing inside their houses.

My house in Florida had this. You could hear it on the telephone, or if you took a speaker and put it on like the water faucet or unpainted window frame. There was an AM station in the swamp behind our house.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

My Q-Face posted:

Never break a table again with timg for your large images!

Does that work with embedded videos? If you look at what I was replying to you can see what I am talking about.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

I... don't get it?

Table breaking like nobodies business.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-vUeAXjQTw&t=595s

(Make sure you're around 9:30 in to start, you'll know when you're past the interesting part.)

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 26, 2016

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Mithaldu posted:

For those who don't care to watch them futz around for 15 minutes, they try some bullshit, like battery shorting and lenses (a real lense works, surprise surprise (a lense made of piss in a bag doesn't)), then mix brake fluid and chlorine to get the money shot.

Welp. I pasted it in at the right point. Thanks. It's 9 minutes and change in.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
http://i.imgur.com/Nt7OMgh.gifv

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
http://loweringthebar.net/2016/03/has-your-boss-ever.html

I haven't finished reading it yet, I apologize as there are no pictures, but it involves sworn testimony about "pranks" involving acetylene.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
From my commute home today.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Via Reddit: "Previous shift operator lost the fuel cap. This is what I was instructed to do:"

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Ah, didn't know about all that. For what it's worth, I know about it possibly messing with your heart rate, and my pulse didn't seem tachycardia-ish(Not sure what the word is, Tachycardic?). The surprised spiked my heart rate up a bit then it calmed down. But, I do have insurance now so if thats a possibility then I definitely will go see a doctor if need be.

It isn't you who pays for the ECG. You know how basically every medical form in the USA says "Is this visit related to a workplace injury? [ ]" ? Check the box. Ask your boss how you go about getting the ECG.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Which is also why you sure as hell don't want to end up under one of them if it tips: it may look tiny and fragile, but it'll crush your ribcage without even noticing it's there if you fall out.

As a elementary school child I remember thinking forklifts looked "puny" as you described. Then we were picking up a skip of rocks to build a fountain and I saw one heading for a decently sized rock and was worried for the driver, oh no he's going to bump over that rock! Then the rock was turned to dust without the forklift even slowing down. My 10 year old brain was basically just :stare: and I learned a lot about physics in that split second, and why my dad insisted I stay way the hell away from everything.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kid Sinister, Inc.

(Though it sort of looks like low voltage/telco? The pole to the right seems to have insulators on it to indicate High Volatage.)

Edit:

:stare:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Jesus christ you people and your soap. Hand sanitizer (correctly dosed) or plain soap and warm water.

Aren't you supposed to wear gloves while welding? This is one of the pictures that scrolls by on the autobody website I'm taking my car to for repairs. I mean it's no holding the hot part of the soldering iron to repair a motherboard, but it seems a little high on the UV scale for my taste.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Warm water doesn't get your hands cleaner than cold water. It's a massive waste of energy.

http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-handwashing.html

Fine you win. I thought it helped the soap work better as a surfactant to get the germs off your hands to be rinsed away with the water. I was wrong. It certainly feels nicer though.

New page desperation content edit:

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 17, 2016

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

carrion kit posted:

quoting from dozens of pages ago to say i'm upset this lil muffin man has the same shirt as me

It's you in the video isn't it?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://i.imgur.com/UF1kL64.gifv

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Placid Marmot posted:

I suppose if you squint and use your imagination...
It looks more like an insect in real life.

Someone has been lying to you about what insects and/or vagina's look like.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Please don't let this derail vulva chat.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

peanut posted:

I need one of each for earrings

That is how baby is made.

High vis shorts help identify him in the roadway.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

I feel like this is the before picture in those youtube videos of people sitting on airbags then setting them off.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Teen dies when carnival ride operator assures them they are fine to ride the ride despite their seatbelt not buckling: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-girl-dies-flung-carnival-ride-texas-article-1.2619830

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
And you thought your harbor freight death wheel was :black101:

:stonk:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Don't they know you aren't supposed to stand on the top of the ladder?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Where are their safety glasses?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Back in the shop, they're disposing of the unsafety glasses.

My mistake.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Our blinds installer just had a step on his ladder snap off while installing our blinds. Thankfully he was uninjured, and our bucket of broken glass, rusty nails, and oily rags was off to the side.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Cat5 can be had as low as 28 AWG.

That is 48VDC, and if you look closely the supply cables are 4/0, and the load cables are 1/0. My eye level was the top of the plastic shroud. I'm sure nothing would have happened if those little stacked plate things I am assuming are a fusing mechanism between the feed and the breakers decided to blow.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Karma Monkey posted:

Depends. Where do you match on this chart?

The grid. Assuming it is a transparency layer.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Fat Shat Sings posted:

What does this even mean?

It might OK now, but in a month someone who is paid far more than them and isn't as replaceable will put the numbers into excel and fire and bunch of people.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Sammus posted:

One human probably won't have any effect, even including things likes shoes and clothing and pocket contents. But 100 humans might really gently caress poo poo up. The real beauty is, if enough humans fall in, it can alter the chemistry so much that it alters the microscopic layer of minerals that gets deposited constantly along the outside of the geyser/hot spring. So far in the future a geologist can come around and look at all the hot springs and go "see this layer of minerals here here and here that doesn't look anything like the rest? This is from when a bunch of dumbasses fell in and died"

Why are we robbing future geologists of such a rich historical site?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I am unclear which thread this goes in, but I feel like the "parents attic" vibe is the important part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJOX0c60wQE

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Looks like this guy hosed up again:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I would like to apologize for my most recent bad joke.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://www.reddit.com/r/OSHA/comments/4thvle/recently_had_a_new_nitrogen_vent_installedright/

quote:

So we just realized we had this problem because our oxygen deficiency monitors (ODM) went off but none of our other systems showed any kind of leak. In fact, the sensors were reading a 25% oxygen concentration, when the normal alarm concentration is about 19.5%. There's nothing in our lab that should be generating oxygen, so we put our heads together and realized that the calibration sensors must have been malfunctioning. Those calibration sensors are positioned outside (bottom left-ish in the picture) and sample the fresh air about every two hours, generating a baseline for the ODMs inside. Unfortunately, they calibrated the system while liquid nitrogen was pouring out of the vent, so the baseline got a bit skewed.

We're in the process of fixing it now!

Edit: As some kind people have pointed out, 19.5% is where things start to get dangerously low, and it's where they're set to go off. Sorry for the mix-up!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:pwn:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://gfycat.com/KindheartedDazzlingDavidstiger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:3: I'm happy they actually tried to keep the nest going.