Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

The Locator posted:

Don't know why, shooting the pilots up through the spinning rotor seems like an awesome idea!
The Russians actually do have helicopters with ejection seats. The rotor blades have explosive bolts on them because it is indeed a bad idea to eject the pilot through the spinning rotor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
I agree. Clearly not a real snake.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Anta posted:

Good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqE-ultsWt0

Elon Musk wants to do intercontinental ballistic passenger service, you can probably send some pizzas that way too!
I'm really looking forward to a future where US and Russian radar operators have to figure out if it's the LAX-Moscow 10:35 or a nuclear attack on a daily basis.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Saw a story in the papers here in Sweden about a guy who was killed a work when the trench he was working in collapsed. They included a picture he took before the accident. Shoring is important folks.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Well, that was incredibly dumb but it went better then I thought... Ah, there we go.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

A photo taken a week before the collapse, after the prefabbed bridge was placed onto the support pillars.

Holy poo poo! I'm no bridgeologist but that looks like someone involved should go to prison.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

If your reaction to being startled while driving is to swerve into a motorcycle alongside you, you don't have any place driving. And if you are driving and you do that, you should be prosecuted.
Yeah, I’m no physics professor but I’m fairly sure that a motorcyclist kicking your car isn’t going to do poo poo except give your car a dent at worst. The guy on the bike should get a fine and the shithead in the car should get a bit of jail time.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Burning couches after football games is OSHA af.

I wish I could find a gif from a pregame show where people were lifting up a couch and someone fell off. The couch was not (yet) on fire.
I read it as coaches first and was pretty horrified.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

That's just because the US is stupid. The British immediately absorbed the Wotan lesson and all of their Cold war projects were a random color plus a random word, like Blue Peacock (nuclear land mine)

Still too easy that figure out that one. Blue like Cherenkov radiation so it involves nuclear stuff. Peacock means there’s a bird involved so probably a chicken. So logically it would be some sort of chicken-heated nuclear weapon. Which it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Dannywilson posted:

Head to the middle east.
Or China. Why is that by the way? Did they just pick up a bunch of machinery on the cheap when the US and Europe switched to stay-tab?