Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

Score at the paper factory today:

Paper machine: 1
Worker: -100000

This is extremely :gonk::nms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVmlJrMKoM

I didn't see blood so he might be OK (not very likely).

Youtube comments deliver:

lifeloverNorris3 days ago
I bet he would make a great flat mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Phanatic posted:

For a second I thought this was a modified dumpster-collecting trash truck, and thought hey, that's pretty clev-oh my god.

At first I thought it was the thing that drapes tarps over the load on dump trucks. Then I looked closer and thought, oh ya Russia.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

What's the problem? (Other than those boards knocked into the water?)

The genset is sitting on a fuel tank. It's not a problem for the tank to be in contact with water, but it shouldn't be a permanent thing.
Also, what is that blue thing being held down by sand bags?

Im guessing its all a walkway for someone to open the panels and look at stuff inside the generator. In which case they probably turn off the power to it (or not).

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

There shouldn't be any power to it in most situations - it's a backup generator. The only power source may be a 12V or 24V battery. Line voltage is upstream of an automatic transfer switch.

Dont they usually have a line coming in so it knows when the power goes out to turn on?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

It's not like log splitters cost a lot. A good gas powered one can be had for a few hundred. Then again, rednecks.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Not eastern european so clearly fake.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Nude posted:

It was an inside job.

Fat thighs cant break rafter beams!!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Hes not russian and hes not in russia.

Hes in the southern US somewhere. I think half of those are faked anyway.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Decrepus posted:

Right you are, Ken.

Same thing I thought.

And now we go to Guy LeDouche with the contestants.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

This may be the least unsafe thing I have ever seen a forklift driver do while screwing around:

Thats just a double deep pallet jack, not a forkilft.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mD2hsxrhQ

What a country!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Modern anti-tank mines are triggered by magnetic and seismic effects so smaller vehicles wont even set them off.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Nitrox posted:

This is some JFK-like conspiracy type poo poo right here :D

The bar swings back and to the left.

Back and to the left.

Back and to the left.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

On the positive side, at least it didn't tear her scalp off.

surprisingly small amount of blood as well.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

gender illusionist posted:

The bigger issue is his gross nails.

My fingers hurt just looking at that poo poo. His thumbnail is like 1/2 as big as it should be.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Are these illegal in the EU or something?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

Those dang scooby-doo divers.

I miss that thread so much.

What happened, did the mods close it because it was entertaining and one of them didnt create it?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

speaking of florida somebody got crushed by a bunch of pallets at a mushroom http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/florida-man-crushed-death-mushrooms/nrcWt/

Probably should have just stayed on the forklift right?

All the lifts I work with have the cages on top.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Nuevo posted:

and/or
really seems like the way to go here.

Both of those would probably turn to mush when inserted into a moist cake.

Just tell your dumass kids not to headbutt cakes. Problem solved.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Why is that MSDS a bad MS Paint?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

mostlygray posted:

They were all hard workers, just reliable third time losers. They showed up on time and were the best crew I'd had in 10 years. That is about the best you could hope for with the salaries that we paid. I wasn't allowed to do the hiring, only management of the staff. We once had 8 employees disappear one day due to immigration issues. Another staff member we had looked like a hard-time criminal gang member. He constantly said "Don't judge me because of my looks." His mom called us to tell us that he had stolen product from our warehouse. He even said "Don't judge me." as he ran in circles around the outside of the warehouse until my co-manager caught him cartoon style. No charges, we just made him do the walk of shame to his mom's car when she came to pick him up. He must have been about 40 years old.

Had a guy put the mast through the top of a truck once, that was fun for our insurance. Another dude decided to try to drive onto a truck without the dock plate. Took a dozen guys and many prying implements to get him unstuck. Another dude took out a support column for a mezzanine we had. Knocked it a foot back and we had to evacuate the room for safety.

Trust me, if a guys worst sin is bumping a pole a little bit, they're probably the best staff member you've ever had.

What did you pay, $5 an hour?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

How long until cakes with internal support will have giant red warnings on them?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fallows posted:

Why did he tie the top part of the tree to the bottom?

So it doesnt fall on a house or whatever is below.

He braces himself so I think he knew what was coming, or maybe hes trying to undo the thing holding the cutting up. Its hard to tell with the zoom out.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pyroclastic posted:

Seems like the smart thing to do would've been to go up a bit higher, tie and cut the branches off individually, so there isn't quite so much mass falling at once.

Someone already did the "smart thing" and hired someone else to do it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Airborne Viking posted:

Alright, what is going on here?

One side of the room to cool off, the other side of the room when you want to warm up!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

This is a country that brought us (and can't seem to prosecute) Berlusconi, and where the cosa nostra and camorra continue to operate with significant strength today. Something tells me regulation and enforcement isn't Italy's strong suit :xd:

And yet they blamed some seismologists for that earthquake a while back, and successfully prosecuted them. I think their convictions were later vacated or reduced though.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

More pics from Sochi?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Burning_Monk posted:

So you are saying I could have metal eyes? METAL EYES!

Ive had metal splinters in my that started rusting before. Had to go to the Dr. and he picked them out with a hypodermic needle.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Guys guys I have an OSHA story.

So the other week we moved to a new office. Then this guy came in and told us what all the knobs on our office chairs are for. He also told us how to set our desk height and what's the most ergonomic position to work in. Then he left, and I moved my chair back into 'lazy as gently caress' mode.

Only in America would someone think being 'lazy as gently caress' is a bad thing

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

this is the guy who is some kind of trainspotter sperg but for roller coasters, right? and he is super furious because this is some kind of mecca for him and she's "ruining" his experience?

gently caress that guy.

Hes an rear end in a top hat for sure, but that was pretty funny.

Raaaaaaaaaaaa FUKEN BITCH!!!!!!

Hope her spines okay.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

What the gently caress.

I laughed, dont you germans laugh?

Schadenfreude isnt an english word, you guys invented it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

FlyinPingu posted:

did they die

I need to know whether or not I can laugh without going to hell

Ask Mithaldu hes the ultimate arbiter of if you can laugh or not.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Armacham posted:

So the first pool had H20 and the second pool needed some H2O, too?

Apparently labeling stuff is hard.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ball size in inversely proportional to brain size.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This can't be loving real.

http://www.leggo.it/news/italia/bufala_salerno_reggio_calabria_autostrada_pilone-1942741.html

A photo posted on the Facebook page 'The Pentastellato', and then removed, would have demanded to show serious failures at construction sites where you are trying to end the infamous stretch of motorway between Salerno and Reggio Calabria. A work still unfinished after decades, although Matteo Renzi announced that it will be completed by the end of the year.

The photo shows a section of motorway with a dangerously decentralized pylon with respect to the roadway, and was accompanied by the following caption: "From our information, this photo is of the Salerno-Reggio Calabria. Renzi said that later this year will be completed ... State also serene. Very peaceful. " Too bad that highway is not the Salerno-Reggio Calabria, and did not find even in Italy. The photo was in fact taken to Twitter and then used 'ad hoc' on an Italian page, but depicts the motorway from the Spanish city of La Coruna with the airport of the capital of Galicia. To publish it first had been a citizen, worried and indignant, he had asked for an explanation to the authorities.

The answer came from the Ministry of Transport and Public Works Spain: the A-14 motorway in question was built with off-center pylon to allow easier expansion with the construction already planned but not yet started, the a third lane.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I watched a video of a silo for sale in Arizona and the silo was filled with sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjMHxSuL18

Im guessing it was filled by the Govt for safety reasons.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

If you go under/around the crossing arms, you might as well be yelling " I no longer wish to be alive".

No sympathy at all. They put their fate in their own hands.

...And you never know if that long slow moving train is blocking your view of a fast moving one on the other tracks.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Slanderer posted:

Roundabouts can gently caress themselves

Theyre pretty fun on motorcycles. Just go into it and keep going round and round and round...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Minnesota may or may not suck with roundabouts, but at least they were smart enough to declare red light cameras unconstitutional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Vehicle inspections are a scam. Im glad we dont have them here in MN.