Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
edit: ^^^^^ No heat resistant gloves? OSHA as gently caress.

That is one of my favorite graphs. I love the little uptick between end of game and gold medal ceremony where a few people just couldn't wait.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jeoh posted:

Maybe the poo poo was on fire.

The poo poo was on fire with passionate love
the neighbors complain about the turds from above
but firemen come when she gets stuck oh oh oh oh

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The Umbrella Corporation is OSHA compliant, even with their kill rooms.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Neurion posted:

Pizzas delivered via ICBMs, heat up upon re-entry, hot and ready to serve when they land on your plate!

Burritos delivered cross country, by gravity, and heated by friction during transit :science:

http://www.idlewords.com/2007/04/the_alameda-weehawken_burrito_tunnel.htm

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Synthbuttrange posted:

a new less lethal one.

She knows that if she makes any sudden moves the elevator is likely to attack.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Collateral Damage posted:

What's the Canadian version of a dixie horn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByKu8BwT5K4

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ak Gara posted:

See, people piss and moan about transporting spent nuclear fuel rods on a train through [your state here] yet there's no regulations about not storing 6 million bees in a crash proof container. Priorities, people!

Bees are transported by truck in the US. Many western states have ports of entry on the Interstate highways where trucks stop and show paperwork concerning their load. Trucks containing livestock always have to stop for a longer inspection, and that includes bee trucks.

What I'm saying is that every so often there will be a cloud of bees at truck inspection sites and the only thing truckers can do is hope for the best. One time a bee stowed away in my cab and stung me the next day.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zakharov posted:

Sorry if this was posted somewhere in the thread but it's an absolute classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZUFu97vus

Yeah, that one's been around and spliced and over to the main house and spliced and painted over the old cord. So good.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LifeSunDeath posted:

how can you not hear that
After the first mile you're deaf anyways.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nerses IV posted:

And here we see why you keep the throttle pinned when landing on a carrier
Thankfully the carrier deck is actually rather high off the water. It's so high a B52 can fly below the flight deck.

The B52 looks like it's going down when it's actually in level flight because the wings are tilted up to facilitate greater lift during takeoff and allowing a big ugly fat gently caress to take off from shorter runways. I forget what the actual name of this tilted wing effect is though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I bet he takes off backwards. Bush pilots are flight magicians.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Humphreys posted:

From the Aeronautical Insanity thread:

VTEC just kicked in yo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bacon Taco posted:

Texas City Refinery Fire 2 Explosive Boogaloo
:colbert:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Evilreaver posted:

I've seen several storm drains bump up above ground level (and thus become useless), the process is along the lines of "the soft dirt of the surrounding area erodes/sinks, the concrete/steel drain doesn't"

I worked a few times at a grocery store meat department where the drain was raised like that, the foundation had settled some over the years but the pipe somehow didn't. It was a pain in the rear end squeegeeing the water up a little incline into the drain after cleaning up.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Yawgmoth posted:

why are you putting gravy on pancakes

Because biscuits and sausage gravy is delicious, but biscuits require :effort: compared to pancakes.

:goonsay:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Something something ladder theory something something :females: it's late and I'm tired.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Captain Foo posted:

mods please
Gonna read that as vaporwave instead of vapoware

C A P T A I N F U C K H A M

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PostNouveau posted:

I've been spying on a Facebook group of roofing company owners for work, kinda get a lay of the land and take notes on how to market them.

The overwhelming response when someone posted this in the group was along the lines of "whatever it takes to get the job done!"

On a related note, they also spend a lot of time bitching about how they can't find non-felons with clean drug tests for their jobs. I wonder why :thunk:

Then hire ex-felons that can pass drug tests.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

azurite posted:

It's okay to miss an exit. Just turn around at the next one and live another day. Geez.

I still have to dump the contents of my dashcam. I'm pretty sure I caught someone bailing out of an exit lane far too late and launching off a median.

It's also ok to know that you want exit 45 and get into the exit lane around mile 43 instead of trying to pass every big truck possible before exiting at the last moment. I regularly see people pull the "gotta pass the big truck, poo poo gotta exit across the gore point cutting off the big truck RIGHT NOW" and luckily they haven't hit me or anything else. They could sit in the right lane behind me for 2 extra seconds but noooooo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

shame on an IGA posted:

Oooh forgot raw naked capitalist greed, that should cover just about every structure fire in US history that killed more than 15 people

Triangle Shirtwaist
Upper Big Branch
Hamlet Chicken Plant
The Station

Grenfell Tower

West, Texas.

Compliance with regulations that prevent towns being wiped off the map hurts profit margins :capitalism:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Some intense propeller bullshit with this short landing.

https://youtu.be/Ilfd1t4gHCo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Captain Salami has some explaining to do.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SelenicMartian posted:

Keep calm and eat krapow.

Someone should open a Thai food place in Poland and advertise their Krakow krapow.

But only in text because Krakow ends with a vee sound.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

This happened to a Palestinian newlywed couple I know too but they were ok because there was a checkpoint on the line every 10 feet.

This took me a moment but :drat:

Platystemon posted:

“Prostate seeding” sounds like something I should look up in Urban Dictionary.
That's when the female uses an ovipositor to place the fertilized egg upon the prostate.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wait - he sexually assaulted a young woman directly in front of his wife and children?

Goddamn, that's a special class of scum.

quote:

Florida Man

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I made that post while sitting in Florida, and I'm still in the state for a few more hours. I'm just here for work.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

glynnenstein posted:

They're allowed to open inward if they serve 50 people or fewer, though they still shouldn't if possible.
It's not like more than 50 people are going to watch Great White.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Just a lap around the NurburgWHEEEEEing

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kibayasu posted:

Tell me this is all one guy.

The most surprising part was the Canadian flags.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grem posted:

Amazing. My grandfather got quite a bit of compensation and my grandmother lost it all in Vegas.
Sounds like she a a great weekend in Dallas Vegas with all of that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Collateral Damage posted:

To play devil's advocate, having a janky IT environment is more or less the norm everywhere.

We're posting on a forum built on janky fixes and workarounds.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Trabant posted:

I know nothing about the history of this system, nor have I ever towed anything, so for all I know it could be the safest way to tow things ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBjU_N_4iUY

but something about it makes my OSHA senses tingle.
It's certainly making my "I hope to never get stuck behind that mighty 40hp engine towing a trailer" siren go off.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nth Doctor posted:

It's been four years but I'm finally able to make it through a thunderstorm without needing anti anxiety meds.
You sound like you need a vacation. I hear the NC Outer Banks are nice and quiet now that it's after Labor Day and peak tourist season is over.

:getin:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

OrthoTrot posted:

I work in uk railway safety doing investigations. I probably can't talk about actual stuff I've worked on but would people appreciate an effort post about other accidents and developing safety culture?

Explain sweeping wet leaves off of the tracks instead of getting trains and rails that work fine with wet leaves.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

OrthoTrot posted:

I legit don't think there are any, although I'm not an engineer. Even top spec trains have trouble with leaves, although much less so than older stock due to computerised wheel slip controls and sanding systems

It may be of interest to note that it isn't leaves that are the problem in themselves; it's the oils released from some types of leaves after they are crushed. Hence the whole "wrong type of leaves" thing.

So far as I can tell the best controls for that are just cutting back the drat trees, but then you have problems with the people who live nearby and the wildlife that lives, well, nearby too. Either way it is not really a safety issue anymore, it's primarily a performance issue now. Insert sex joke here.
Thanks. I knew of the leaf problem from some comedy show, I didn't know there was a real safety issue with oils and that there were already some solutions. Thanks. Please post more :)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

count_von_count posted:

...I'm assuming that hard left at 0:10 was the current, and not dumbass trying to hang a U?

Yep. The current was pushing him the whole time, but when the water was all the way up to his door it really took over.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

D1Sergo posted:

Was the code to the machine LARA?

Chrono Trigger joke

Oh the feels when you visit her and she gets up to walk around :unsmith:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You don't have high tension wires?

I always thought that meant they were stretched tight to go long distances.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DrPossum posted:

lol if you voluntarily expose your body to the cancer-cursing sun

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

If it was fully stopped, the first 5 minutes were spent going the first kilometer, leaving 45 minutes for the other 89.