Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Powershift posted:

It's got one, brother.

Just strap the wheel dollies to it and you're good to go.
I'm just going to assume that there's a warning buzzer in the cab* that warns "DO NOT DRIVE WHILE WHEEL DOLLIE IS IN LOWERED POSITION" to complete the OSHA effect of warning buzzers going off and the operator thinking "I'm only going 5 miles, NBD"

*my current truck has a buzzer when I deflate the rear air bags to lower the 5th wheel to get under a trailer. It's nice and reminds me to re-inflate the airbags before travelling. I had a truck without a buzzer, went over a big highway bump and destroyed the plastic part that attaches to a metal rod control arm that controls the airbags, and drove 15 miles going "why the hell is the truck handling weird?" Lesson learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Synthbuttrange posted:

Just get the guy with the really long arm to fish around in there.

Get the being from Stephen King's short story The Moving Finger.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Learning how to steer in a slide in Grand Theft Auto really did help for the times that I've slid on ice in real life. :shrug:

I dunno, I've never heard that before and my American Subaru definitely has a warning in the manual about it.
I thought newer US cars would sense if the seat belt is latched and disable the airbag if the belt is not latched. Maybe that's just for the passenger side.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MisterOblivious posted:

The Peloton has a bit of the ol' hive-mind. Maybe they're all grabbing food in the feed zone, maybe they're all pulling off to the side of the road to take a piss. Maybe one year they'll all decided to beat the poo poo out of that dude or the guys that run along side them/moon them/or otherwise be total cunts.

Pay Professional Cyclists More!

They should get a bonus for punching out fans rather than a penalty! Death Race Rules! +$2,000 instead of -$2,000 for decking a pedestrian! Chase down the guy that jumped the peloton and beat the poo poo out of him for a bonus!
If someone puts GOLDEN PALACE DOT COM guy in the hospital they get the yellow shirt for a day. Put him in the morgue and he wins the whole race.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jet Jaguar posted:

This picture made me uneasy and I couldn't place my finger on why.

Then I realized every construction site I've walked past has little plastic caps on top of the rebar, I assume so you don't impale yourself.

:same:

The exposed rebar just blends into the background.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

sharkytm posted:

I'm the WVU shirt... So glad I left that place.
Burning couches after football games is OSHA af.

I wish I could find a gif from a pregame show where people were lifting up a couch and someone fell off. The couch was not (yet) on fire.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Cars are a scam, a single horsepower is all you need
The original Group B rally racing was chariot racing.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

oohhboy posted:

What are the Shadow Run rules when dealing with bears?
Bear shaman are magic users so they fall under the adage "geek the mage first."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sagebrush posted:

I believe most cargo scanners either use neutron activation or gamma rays.

either way those two are having a real bad time

e: I reverse-searched that specific image and it's from a gamma ray scanner

Is the truckfuckler getting any gamma rays? How focused is that scanner?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
These are my thoughts on the recent shootings and how it relates to OSHA and if this gets me a 6er for politics in GBS then so be it.

There was a workplace shooting at the FedEx terminal in Marietta GA. Dude was fired, came back with a gun and killed the unarmed guards in the security theatre guardhouse and then went to kill his boss but they holed up and he killed himself before the cops got him. I was at that terminal a week before it happened, I was told about what happened while at the Missoula MT terminal because word travels fast, and a week after that I drove into the Marietta terminal and there was a police presence.

I told you that OSHA horror story to tell you this one.

My home terminal is Spartanburg SC. A few years ago one of the dispatch office workers was run over and killed by a switcher truck at 4 in the morning. At the time there was no company wide policy about wearing high visibility vests and radioing the switchers to say when they are on the yard. I learned about his death in Orlando from the dispatch office because word travels fast. Later that day I got to Spartanburg and there was a fire department truck dumping tremendous amounts of water on the ground to wash away his blood.

I knew Mike. When I started this SC-TX-FL run it was out of Greenville SC and Mike was one of the dispatch officers. Mike was affable and fun. Mike made the move to Spartanburg with some of the office staff and many of the drivers. One night Mike wasn't wearing a hi-vis vest and died. Now it is a company wide policy that everyone wears a hi-vis vest when walking on the yard and radios the switchers to announce that they are walking on the yard. Every time I get out of the truck I put on my hi-vis vest because of Mike.

OSHA regulations are written in blood.

Firearm regulations aren't written.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Powershift posted:

Or raise the truck so it can clear the bollard.

Does farm work fall under OSHA or do they have their own department like mining?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nenonen posted:

Also you haven't really lived if you haven't chipped a piece out of a building with a big honking truck and fled without telling anyone (it was smaller than my fist, I swear)
No buildings.

Instead I did damage to another truck in a truck stop parking lot and I couldn't flee because he was more mobile than a building.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm the gallon of Mobil 1, what every kitchen needs.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

More likely end up like a growing number of people, with an initial inspection and then a toe tag that says "too obese to be useful, dispose of".
They can let the body decay in natural conditions so medical examiners can examine rate of decay for a body wrapped in fat and use that to determine time of death. In a desert environment the thick fat layer may slow down decay.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Bloop posted:

I assume this is a typo but lol very true

On the fifth day God created all of the animals that roamed the Earth.

Horses were not amused.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bad Munki posted:

Just dooooo it, sheesh

The truckfucklers had their time.

I'm no longer a truckfuckler, now I'm in the NFC South crew.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zedprime posted:

Does that mean it's possible to be a migrant cat driver living in an RV because I might have found my new goal.
There are giant sleeper cab road tractors that are spacious inside, they only lack a bathroom. Those have a proper 5th wheel and ability to gross 80k.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
No haggling, no pushy salespeople, you just buy it online and we will ship it to you.

Cartvana

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Platystemon posted:

WTF no one has it the 11′ 8″ bridge in two months and that was one of two in the last five months.

e: snipe tax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxKAiChWspY

Starting at 3:06 is the Love's in Waco GA (I-20 exit 9)

I stop there twice a week. It's weird seeing somewhere so familiar in one of these fail compilations.

Oh, and that curb 'spot' has to be approached from the right side of the screen, while entering the fuel / parking area

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

That's not what "sticky bomb" means!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Humphreys posted:

Well, yes. Sorry. I thought it was thread knowledge. Or maybe I'm finally that specific level of drunk to admit to it. I do know I skirted info about filming this sort of poo poo. Guess who in that video had a few too many bottles of wine at the wet mess with us the night before....?

EDIT: If it was ANYTHING Anglo, BMA, and a lot more I cant be hosed remembering from 2004 to 2012 I was on the ground filming then edited or produced. Going into PNG I was asked what I was shooting as all out cameras were smuggled in via our clients freight ships to avoid 'performer' tax. Good old mining company accounting, cost them more in my crew time waiting in our hotels and smuggling my camera poo poo, than just saying we are making a video. As ex-army they gave me a pistol as backup. 'Guard Dog Security' - those fuckers don't mess around. The story around the bar first night with owner (VERY bloody) he got jacked and shot way out. Second most dangerous piece of road outside of JoBerg or Detroit.

I do have a really serious memory problems so sorry if I have said parts of this before.
Well that explains why nothing in that picture was aligned with the horizon!

I know, I know, it's because you were on a ship that was in the process of a swell so you and the photog were stable but the platform was pitching.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
You're at Urinetown!
Your ticket should say Urinetown!
No refunds, this is Urinetown!
We'll keep that dough!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Those NAFOD pilots are job creators :colbert:

It's the Broken Windows theory of job creation with $100 million windows.

Also the Broken Window theory is trash.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That's a great demonstration of potential energy stored in metal. What's the more scientific term? Spring tension?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

HardDiskD posted:

in what else would you write your power plant apps if not electron
Quark

And if that is not a programming language then it should be

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nocheez posted:

Don't forget to mention the complete lack of federal government oversight!

I believe you mean the tremendous amount of freedom for our job creators.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Live action Breakfast Of Champions looking good.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Cat's Cradle?
In Breakfast of Champions a contractor sets up a fake waste removal system at some company and the river becomes an oil slick while a cave becomes a foam monster.

I've never read Cat's Cradle.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Ah, thought it looked like Ice-nine. Cat’s Cradle is loving great so put it on your list.
I'm going through Pratchett right now with Mort, and Mortimer is learning the unintended consequences of not following procedure.

Next up is Guards Guards which should have some OSHA in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cartoon Man posted:

I kinda feel like this belongs in the OSHA thread.

https://i.imgur.com/dgINQYO.gif
It's OSHA as gently caress because side windows are not windshields. Windshields are supposed to have objects bounce off like that and maintain integrity to protect the driver and passengers from objects flying into the cabin from the road. Windows are supposed to shatter into tiny non-sharp pieces so people can exit the vehicle quickly if the doors don't work for whatever reason.