Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

zedprime posted:

The allowance for free climbing is supposedly backed up by incident reports on file which show injuries happen on a greater frequency when clipping in was required for ladders. It sort of makes sense with the realities of fall protection favoring falling from an overhanging surface like a scaffold or roof overhang, because otherwise conservation of angular momentum means even with an arrester you cartoon swing into a wall.

e. After a fall in a harness if you can't reach something to self rescue you're on a time limit because it turns out restricting arterial flow is unhealthy. There aren't a lot of great options for rescue up an aerial or similar tower.
So, if I understand you, deaths aren't counted in the comparison's injury count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mithaldu posted:

Just watching it again, there is 5 of those things fighting in there. Amazing.
I saw a sixth one sneak around the back, from the left
:killdozer::killdozer::killdozer:
:killdozer::killdozer::killdozer:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Probably not OSHA since it isn't at work, but I found this in my apartment bathroom last night. Left an emergency maintenance message for my landlord as soon as I found it, and cut off the power at the breakers. Wanted to warn my neighbors but didn't want to get shot as I live in a poor area and it was 2 am. Tried calling the office today(they never answer, or even are there unless its rent paying day), went up there, door was locked but I was holding the rent check in my hand so the lady magically appeared out of nowhere to let me in. She said their voicemail wasn't working and only acted like I was a burden when I explained the ongoing fire hazard. So far they haven't done poo poo to fix anything today and I'm staying at a friends.

http://i.imgur.com/vqRorVp.gifv

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 3, 2016

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

spankmeister posted:

In this case they are absolutely correct but the UK is so incredibly risk-averse. They have warning signs on EVERYTHING. If they could make you wear a high visibility jacket and safety harness when taking a crap they would.

https://twitter.com/gertrudeprkns/status/977943813875527680

The Independent posted:

The police and Special Branch infiltrated trade unions and provided information to the construction industry about a blacklist of workers.

A blacklist of construction workers was exposed in 2009 with the discovery that an organisation called the Consulting Association kept secret files on thousands of trade union members, often for raising concerns about safety on building sites. Workers on the illegal database were denied employment on construction projects.

Millions of pounds have since been paid out in compensation by some of the country’s biggest construction firms.

An inquiry is currently being held in the High Court into the undercover policing.

Dave Smith, secretary of the Blacklist Support Group, said he had waited six years for the news. “When we first talked about police collusion in blacklisting, people thought we were conspiracy theorists," he said. "We were told ‘things like that don’t happen here’. With this admission from the Met Police, our quest for the truth has been vindicated.

“The police are supposed to detect crime; instead they infiltrated trade unions and provided intelligence to an unlawful corporate conspiracy. This is why we need the public inquiry into undercover policing to be open and transparent, in order to get to the truth about how police intelligence was shared with private sector third parties including major companies.”

A statement from London's Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) said the force "apologised for the delay in providing the complainants with the outcome to the investigation carried out into allegations that members of the Special Demonstration Squad (SDS) and MPS Special Branch provided information to the blacklist. The blacklist is said to have been funded by the major firms in the construction industry. Allegations about police involvement with the blacklist will be fully explored during the Undercover Policing Public Inquiry (UCPI), which will hear detailed evidence regarding this subject."

Imran Khan QC, who is representing blacklisted workers, said: “The delay from the Metropolitan Police in responding to our [2012] complaint at a time when there has been so much public and parliamentary interest in the matter is concerning to say the least.

“The blacklisted workers that I represent have clearly suffered a grave injustice; to find out that some of the information on the unlawful blacklist was supplied by the custodians of law and order only compounds the injury. My clients deserve full disclosure and we have now requested a full copy of their internal investigation report. We hope the police response does not take so long this time around.”

Justin Bowden, national officer of the GMB, said: “The secret blacklisting of 3,213 construction workers and environmentalists was the greatest employment scandal in 50 years. When GMB launched the first High Court claims on behalf of those blacklisted, there were many in the establishment who said we had paranoid conspiracy theorists. Admission by the police that they were directly and deeply involved in denying ordinary working people – who in many cases had done little more than raise health and safety concerns – from work and the chance to support themselves and their families is a constitutional crisis that can only be properly addressed by a full, independent public inquiry.”

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
i think it looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3lYEUDzok

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Memento posted:

I honestly thought vimeo videos could be embedded now? Maybe that was something else.
We still need to add [video] tags around vimeo urls. Thanks for the updates!
https://vimeo.com/273229166

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

wikipedia posted:

One piece of ground software supplied by Lockheed Martin produced results in a United States customary unit, while a second system, supplied by NASA, expected those results to be in SI units.

The discrepancy between calculated and measured position, resulting in a discrepancy between desired and actual orbit insertion altitude, had been noticed by at least two navigators, whose concerns were dismissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEGaBXG3Kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bumUw0lNOz0