Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

and this is why you always keep a pair of clogs or whatever at the lab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Green Intern posted:

Here's something from my own apartment complex. The owners have been doing some repainting and repairs around the whole place, and they've been using this cherry-picker to do so. The thing's been in a different parking spot every time I come home. Yesterday I saw this:

http://imgur.com/a/SEYJZ

Seems totally safe, right?

Yeah I mean he's got cones out and everything. This is totally fine.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
"Why can't they just drink like two bottles of water a day instead of ten? We shouldn't run out of water so quickly."

This is Texas. It is July. They are working outside for 10 hours a day.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Zil posted:

Sounds like someone just volunteered to be in charge of water rationing at the work site.

more like volunteered to be the fall guy when we get hit with a lawsuit for not providing safe working conditions.

Papa Emeritus III posted:

We only get water in our factory if it's 90 degrees or higher and even then... management bitches. I gave up and opted to stock up on my own.

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id=10624

you should probably report that

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

This happened to a major highway for evacuees leaving Houston and Beaumont during Harvey. For some reason the contractor had already dumped like truckloads of loose gravel all over the road they were supposed to be resurfacing which is already horrible in torrential rain, then by Wednesday morning there was tar all over the place. There's still tar on the roads in town.

But how cool would it be to know that you probably lost everything that you couldn't fit in your car and you were just trying to get to family in Nacogdoches or Shreveport so you could regroup and all of a sudden your car is ruined? Good job lovely contractor, way to go. Enjoy the lawsuits from the insurance companies.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Zil posted:

So standard lowest bidder Texan road paving/repair/construction as usual?

:( One day mopac will be done, one day.

at least that one contractor will never get another contract I guess?

j/k they already dissolved that company and reformed under another name and none of the people in charge will ever actually get in trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Senor P. posted:

May not be their fault.

Looks to me like that is cheap seal, and that is how it is supposed to be applied. (Not supposed to drive on it while it is curing.)

In which case I imagine the city or county's insurance may or may not foot the bill. (Due to ordering the evacuation.)

This is what it was like here:

They had to close a few miles of highway for a few days and in order to fix it they had to completely grind down the road surface to the concrete underneath. From what my sheriff's deputy neighbor told me, the original contractor used the wrong kind of asphalt and is being held responsible for damages.