Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Yeah, which will theoretically protect you from retaliation while you blow all your resources in court fighting against having been retaliated against until an eventual pyrrhic victory.

Allegedly.

No pyros involved in constructing a guillotine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
a mad max car but with a rotary guillotine engine, powered by the blood of plutocrats

how do i make that osha safe. assuming. that the managerial class are not "human". for the sake of regulatory ease.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
More like Car-pathos! More like Car-pathetic! More like TUMBLREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anyway, the Cappadocean or whatever is a whole ship of fuckin Albert Einsteins eternally clapping at us all for our clever quips and quick witted repartees.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

El_Elegante posted:

Settle down, beavis

why don't you shrink down to 1/16th your normal scale so you can crawl inside me and operate my body like a horrible bio-mecha so you pantomime me having a normal life

tough guy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I'm super glad America has just found institutional roles for the "Troubled Kid Who Trained For The Fake Marines By Jumping Off A Roof Onto A Trampoline" population currently torturing squirrels in the suburbs. "school shooter drills" is what preppers offer when they're Too Disturbed To Be A Paul Blart.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

BMan posted:

Does cutting the noodles with a knife somehow impart a flavor that extruding them doesn't?

It allows for different doughs and consistencies, so yes. in the west we're extremely Noodle Deprived. our ignorance amazes.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Sydin posted:

Geneva Convention applicable or not maybe cops getting their rocks off by shooting teachers point blank in the back of the head with airsoft guns while screaming "THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL GET IF YOU CHICKEN OUT IN A REAL SHOOTER SCENARIO COWARDS" might be a cause for concern.

Oh wait it's Indiana, n/m lol

right-wingers want the entire world to be as constantly anxious and emotionally traumatized as they are 24/7 because they are driven to a frothy rage by the fact that they're miserable, utterly miserable, and will only rest when everyone else is as miserable as they are.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

FuturePastNow posted:

Modern anti-ship torpedoes are designed to break something the size of a frigate or destroyer in half.

This might not be something that can be precisely measured, but outside of long-range missile bombardment or nuclear strike, what's the most expensive kind of warfare to field?
Like, one torpedo takes out a destroyer, the right amount of loose wire takes out a helicopter, everything about the F-35, just the sheer amount of money poured into Coalition forces versus largely destitute terrorist organizations in Bush's illegal war, it kinda seems like everything the military produces can be rendered inoperable with surprisingly cheap tools.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Platystemon posted:

A human being can be rendered inoperable with a few cents of lead.

But how much do the machines cost.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Powershift posted:

The thing is, you can lose an unlimited number of drones. You can lose as many as you can build.

You can only lose as many planes as you have pilots, you can only lose as many boats as you have seamen. So with no cost concerns, drone warfare would be the most expensive.

FuturePastNow posted:

Defense is always playing catch up to attack. Weapons get better. Countermeasures against them improve. Warships have sonar to try to detect submarines, and carry helicopters to extend the range of that defense, and submarines have stealth. Submarines have really good stealth. But we haven't fought an enemy since WWII that posed a serious threat to ships and the weapons (and defenses) have changed a lot since then, so while the military no doubt practices and wargames constantly, no one can know what would really happen if, say, China decided to try to evict the US Navy from the Pacific.

Photo credit: Soviet Navy

:thunk: Good points all, I appreciate the insight. I was trying to think of a way to retool the question to ask more about what might have the biggest ratio between cost of attack and inflicted losses but I just kept imagining geese getting sucked into turbine engines and I think I need therapy now? If someone wanted to shut down an enemy airstrip should I parachute behind enemy lines with just like, a fuckton of stale bread? In theory?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

yeah that thing isn't jack poo poo i wouldn't worry about it. lol having to get a permit every time you cut a tree though what a loving racket....

next post: Hey, who do I sue after an unlicensed arborist gets hired by a renter and they drop a tree through my roof? What a loving racket!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Gath posted:

Er there literally isnt a tree in that picture that could break a roof let alone a window. :confused:

You can take that risk, if you're willing to pay for the consequences.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
THE INTERNET DISCOVERS REGULATIONS:

Step 1: Don't know why the professionals think this is hard, they're deffo overcharging
Step 2: EVERYTHING GOES WRONG
Step 3: Well the important thing is that they government should of had laws stopping me, i'm definitely not at fault here

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Gath posted:

I could say i have street cred in cutting down trees..., but like a small saw or loppers could cut that. Do you people go outside? :gbsmith:

drat! A SMALL saw? Check out the burly arms on this fearless lumberjack. We're all utterly cowed by both your bravery and mastery of "going outside."

edit- i mean if i was pressed i'd take it out with the summer camp swiss army knife i have or maybe this bullshit "chain chainsaw" where it's just a bunch of metal wires and it sucks. probably piss hard enough to take it down also, but that's rude to do in public. we're the same, you and i.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A guy about a mile away from me went up a tree with a chainsaw to trim it, didn't tie himself off. He fell out of the tree from 35 feet and landed on one of the upright poles of a chain link fence and suffered "a fatal penetrating wound".

Yeah I think one of the things that doesn't dawn on you until 13 ancient white pines collapse on your cabin all in the same storm, but every lateral branch on a tree is a potential spear, just waiting to dump pine sap into your attic treasures.

A tree is just a giant spear covered in spears growing in other directions.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Boogalo posted:

I really wish it had sound.

Stomp!
woosh
PONK!
"Ow, haha, gently caress!"

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Pfffft. Ahahahahahah. How naive, believing that tree law breakers would be stopped by more stringent tree law! I chortle, sir. Guffaw. I have spilt my sherry onto my mahogany fireplace, which only burns mummies.

Preposterous!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

deported to Canada posted:

I thought we had already established that little weak pissy trees can't damage no structures.

No one was willing to step up and put their car & house on the line to test this hypothesis, so it remains unestablished.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Youtube is a white nationalist radicalization engine.

Also sometimes it is a place of beauty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas6akz1jWU

In short, life is full of contradictions.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
hi OSHA thread this week i was paid drugs to help clear out a squatted-in factory, i busted up pallets with a broken shovel and got to nearly be killed by a forklift which has no brakes. i'm one of you now, people who have done unadvisable things on a pallet jack.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

"I've got a quarter back in the office but I thiiiiiiiiiiiink there's some ketamine in the coffee can in John's storage bay, he hasn't paid rent in 6 months but we haven't cleaned it out yet because the aisles are too crowded. Basically whatever you can grab will be fine, no one's going to miss it."
THREE MINUTES LATER:
"Here, have a Monster, this poo poo's gotta get done by 3. Hey, do you want to do keybumps?"

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Were they good drugs?

As far as "drugs you took from a potentially dead rivethead"? they're fine.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
- meat from someone killed by a flying counterweight
- lettuce grown on train tracks
- balsamic reduction made from that creepy mummy juice from the black sarcophagus
- bog butter & that ancient cheese
- fried slices of C4

BEHOLD! I present to you the recipe for the OSHA sandwich.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
What's the word for that style of cooking something when you impale it on part of a blowed up lawnmower and hold it over one of those giant cauldrons spraying molten iron everywhere? Grovering?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
But the grill is made from an old underground oil tank which noone has cleaned yet.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Worst about that one is the woman who fell out of the plane after the tail bump, apparently surviving, and was then killed by a responding fire truck. Sometimes it just isn’t your day.

the friends theme starts to play as i hurl my screaming rear end out of a still-moving fireball of a plane, ducking and rolling as the flaming wings pass overhead. as the first of the CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPS sounds, i am ground into a uniform paste by firetruck driven by a human shaped pile of phenazepam and MIG coolant wearing a tracksuit, squatting on the seat.

my headstone reads only CYKA BYLAT

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

GotLag posted:

My favourite thing about is how loving stupid the examples are. I mean who's going to put fish hooks in their pant legs to catch a frisking cop?

Probably the same dudes who booby trap staircases by duct taping knives to crutches.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
OSHA report all stating "management was informed several times of the difficulty communicating with subj. Jeremiah, this was overlooked due to the quality of his wine."

edit- just thought of a way simpler one: Jeremiah was a bullfrog.

was.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

I heart bacon posted:

No new truckfuckling to post on, so here's Craig. I need to find him a tiny hard hat

i'm not trying to be a jerk but from my experience rescuing stray cats it looks like this lil bud might have lost some ear tips due to hypothermia. please make sure they've got a warm insulated place to sleep, cats evolved in the desert and generally need things a few degrees warmer than people.

ok derail over pls post more pictures of y'allses Shop Cats.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

strays get their ears clipped with catch and releases. Lets you know they're feral and no reproductive parts.

i've seen partial clips but nothing as severe as that.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Hi thread, how many of you work with structural foam? Have any of you attended GE's SPI structural foam conference? In 1986? Did you lose your copy of the PROMOTIONAL SHOWTUNES CASETTE? A new goon has your back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUAvDNexS58

This poo poo is TWENTY THREE MINUTES LONG. It is ENTIRELY sincere.

I heart bacon posted:

He probably showed up so he could have a warm place to stay. The whole place stays plenty warm all the time, so he's definitely going to be fine. There's a bunch of other cats around the plant. Craig is the one that hangs around by the control room and is friendly with us operators.

Okay, it wasn't evident how warm it was just from the photo, but it sounds like y'all got this in hand. :3:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
16:40 starts their cover of the Beatles "Revolution" which must drive a polyurathane blade deep into McCartney's heart.

OH MY GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUAvDNexS58&t=1245s it just KEEPS GETTING WORSEBETTER.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 19, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
collectively, how many berkeley grads do we think worked on that album. one? more than one? did anyone die with this being their only musical accomplishment? can i harness their soul in my Perpetual Agony Engine? I have so many questions.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
War is definitely OSHA. I knew a KBR contractor who was basically trapped in a hotel in Qatar because his entire company was in the process of getting investigated by Congress. The base he worked at had AC units whose condensers drained directly into ungrounded electrical boxes. If the floor of the shower got too wet, people would get electrocuted.

I don't think America has much room to diss on other armies as far as corruption goes. We just spend so much the graft doesn't really impact our capacity for unmitigated genocide.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

The boat guy highlights one of my fears. So many times just being dead exhausted and having to back up or dump a truck at the end of the day. Easy to forget the parking break or neutral when you're alone, burnt out and frustrated getting out and checking how much space you have.

Dunno what that dumbasses deal was tho lol.

Actually, just look around this memorial day weekend and you'll see plenty of boats, campers and trailers improperly hitched, bad lights, bad rigging.

My scoutmaster taught me to deal with irate boaterists by being as cordial and cheerful as you can and, without fail, it results in some of the most spectacular meltdowns I have ever witnessed. Rich Quebecoi don't know how to handle polite Americans. It's cute cuz you know they don't have guns.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

RIP Coach Steve Steve, thought of his diaper barge and died.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Wait. Wait wait wait, the spark plug sits atop the, uh, explody-boom chamber, right? So that line is pumping unexploded, decompressed fuel-air mixture?

That seems hazardous. Should we warn them?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Platystemon posted:

There’s an exchange mechanism. The pressure of the fuel/air mixture is used to draw in and compress ambient air. The lower-pressure fuel/air mix is unceremoniously ejected.

gonna be honest, not really wild about just filling the air around my car with aerosolized gasoline. i appreciate your enlightening me about this situation but it still seems risky.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

wouldn't the skid marks be pretty evident as to when the wheel came off, either before or after impact? I feel like it should be easy to disprove Tesla's obvious bullshit, but i'm not any kind of autophile, let alone a teslicker.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i imagine the telemetry runs something like

IF var. Problem = yes

THEN var. Fault = you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Paintball? Filled with chalk dust?