Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I know posting Colin Furze is cheating, but consider this - how would you secure boxes of fireworks to a wire frame?

Would it include hammering threaded steel rods through them and then cutting them to length with an angle grinder?

(video starts at relevant time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwm7drCiPY&t=90s

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

There are elaborate ways to disable this in most cars. Like it's a dozen individual steps as if you're entering in the grandfather of all Konami Codes.

One of my favourite images ever:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
^^^ Don't forget the whole thing where they barrelled through approval on that loving Adani mine which is going to send massive coal carriers through some of the most sensitive areas of what is left of the Great Barrier Reef.

Memento posted:

Queensland Government wraps up crisis talks with mining industry after sixth death

Diversity is super important in industry, having a wide range of opinions and lived experience greatly contributes to better outcomes.

But if people are loving dying and your safety committee is sitting on their hands because they can't meet a gender quota, you're doing it wrong*. "do_something_with_just_dudes" will always be better than "do_nothing".

*You're Doing It Wrong could basically be the Queensland state motto.

I'm sure it was 100% deliberate on the part of the mining companies who thought they had found "one weird trick which stops safety committees from stopping your dangerous work practices".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Nocheez posted:

I rode a very similar ride at Cedar Point and the forces involved are crazy. It was so intense I saw two little old ladies pulled immediately upon exiting.

They did what to them :stare:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

NoWake posted:

Why would you do this?? Grandpa's gonna break a hip and shatter an elbow coming down the camouflage steps... and then that'll be the end of Grandpa.

Yeah nah mate, that poo poo's nonslip as gently caress mate.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SelenicMartian posted:

South Korea continues the fine tradition set by the Sampoong Department Store

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/PYH20190727049100320

Not even close to the worst thing that's happened in a South Korean nightclub this year.

An "Idol" for one of the biggest boy groups Korea's ever produced ran a rape/torture dungeon out of his private club

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
From the Musk thread - Tesla's being sued by Walmart for setting their stores on fire.

loving hilarious. Who even hears of solar panels catching fire?*

Walmost sues Teslas over allegedly faulty panels.

* Bazinga: Wow, Musk made solar panels so effecient, they can absorb too much energy! Nuke Mars!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/okGxung.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I miss that thread :(

Too many goons just had to try and rules lawyer "don't post death" too many times.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

well that's what happens when you let your society get so hosed over by the rich that you end up with a totally intractable Morlock/Holoi situation.

Yes, those terrible Hawaiian Morlocks and their laundry.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Kanine posted:

the united states military is a loving blight on the earth lol

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

wesleywillis posted:

People don't give a gently caress about caution tape, or pylons or any other type of barrier typically.

I was at a petrol station last week and they had an out of order pump. It had signs on each nozzle and two cones at either end to block it off.

Textbook stuff.

As I'm filling up, I watch a guy pull up at the blocked off pump, move the cones and drive forward and try to fill up.

:sigh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

there should be a sliding scale where if you're a hojillionaire and people suffer because you cheaped out on something routine, i kick you in the balls so hard they crash into your skull with a circus strongman bell sound effect. your eyes pop out cartoonishly. this is how i know i am the strongest, that the blows of my feet are sufficiently mighty.

I like the scheme in Finland where fines are based on a person's income.

quote:

In 2002, Anssi Vanjoki, a former Nokia director, was ordered to pay a fine of 116,000 euros ($103,600) after being caught driving 75km/h in a 50km/h zone on his motorbike.

And in 2015, Finnish businessman Reima Kuisla was fined 54,000 euro ($62,000) for driving 22km/h over the 50km/h speed limit.

Sadly, it only seems to be speeding fines, but it would be great if it applied to all areas of life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cable Guy posted:

This is probably OSHA... somehow...

https://i.imgur.com/gFbguhV.mp4

Holy poo poo, it was a brown snake.

Thankfully, they're not usually aggressive, but not something you want crawling out of the machinery all of a sudden.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The word stopped solely meaning "killed by electricity" a loving century ago.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CIGNX posted:

Why would anyone cheap out on safety equipment and then put themselves in the very situation where they will need that protection :psyduck:

Why would racers make roll cages out of painted PVC pipe?

People are idiots.

EDIT: Took a while to find.

Also:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 14, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

https://twitter.com/KDKAHeather/sta...swallows-up-bus

https://twitter.com/KDKAHeather/sta...swallows-up-bus

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Rahul posted:

I dunno if it quite counts as OSHA, but it made me do a double-take when I came across this today. You know, I always thought it was a myth, but maybe water really does flow backwards here down under.

That doesn't even make sense from an ullage perspective.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ofKDydgKOc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I stopped watching Furze after the beach hut video.

For me, that's when he moved from "interesting ideas done with skill and enthusiasm" to "that's loving stupid, someone is going to die"

Video in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yox9CKYh7EU