Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who the gently caress is even in ~*the establishment*~?????
This poll is closed.
hillary clinton is part of the establishment 106 25.24%
bernie sanders is actually the establishment 20 4.76%
the establishment can only be people currently holding office, like barack obama 22 5.24%
we are all the establishment, friend 34 8.10%
the establishment is a secret cabal of thought golems who embody the democratic party 71 16.90%
there is no party establishment. there is no democratic party. there is only zuul 28 6.67%
TRUMP! *click* 59 14.05%
:yayclod: 80 19.05%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm kinda confused on this question. it's almost like nobody wants to be seen as being "the establishment"!! let's see if we can find some consensus on this incredibly important and vital issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I'm a dem superdelegate, does that mean i'm establishment?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hillary_Clinton_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Feb 24, 2013

Did William JEFFERSON Clinton actually say that he endorses his wife?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Undead capital, forever expanding and consuming according to its own blind logic, subjecting humans to its motions

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

It is very not :yayclod:, I'll tell ya that much kid.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
It's me. I'm the establishment.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Undead capital, forever expanding and consuming according to its own blind logic, subjecting humans to its motions

drat, should have included a "cash golem" option

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's a conflict between the interests of the donors and the interests of the voters.

Alternate answer: Anyone who takes fossil fuel or AIPAC money.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm kinda confused on this question. it's almost like nobody wants to be seen as being "the establishment"!! let's see if we can find some consensus on this incredibly important and vital issue

old rich people

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The people who hold power and authority, and those who curry favor with them, are the establishment.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

is there a counter-establishment in the democratic party? there is in the republican party; sometimes it's referred to as the tea party

the characteristics that unite the tea party and the gop establishment are basically that they both have a proven money-generating set of rhetorical tropes, which lets their candidates cycle between bullshit think tank type sinecures and electoral campaigns. if you're not an establishment candidate it means you don't have access to that source of funding/power, but when an alternate source of funding/power develops that defines itself as anti-establishment you've got something that i'm referring to as a counter-establishment

like, george allen wandered off to some incredibly well-paying job as a reward for carrying the establishment torch (or if he wasnt establishment replace him with someone who was), but ken cuccinelli also got a nice job in the counter-establishment (his job is more of a 'let's get more candidates who can lose in an off-off-year election' fundraising job, so not an identical analogy, but both his job and allen's are part of what i see as two competing establishments)

so that's what an establishment is, i suggest

is there a democratic counter-establishment? where do the hillary type of candidates go after they lose, and is there a similar golden safety net for bernie types?

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 06:21 on Feb 12, 2016

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
this thread is full of establishment posers

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
You don't have to be old, white, and male, but it helps.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
The donors and lobbyists who vet more or less everyone I think

If it wasnt for how much easier small-donations funding has gotten neither Obama or Sanders would have had a shot in hell. These things get national play though and there really isn't the same phenomenon for Congressional, much less state or local races

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the nonprofit industrial complex is real and insidious, friends

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

A Stupid Baby posted:

If it wasnt for how much easier small-donations funding has gotten neither Obama or Sanders would have had a shot in hell.

Obama had heavy establishment support. Sanders' situation isn't comparable.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
You can't see her, her time is now. Hillary is the establishment and she's shining now.

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax

Mrit posted:

Obama had heavy establishment support. Sanders' situation isn't comparable.

Seek help

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

drat, should have included a "cash golem" option

i'd suggest "cash vampire" to keep it closer to what marx wrote

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Those who support or protect the interests of the wealthy. In other words, those who ensure America remains a oligarchy.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Checkbox poll

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

harry reid - not establishment

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

god's own

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Thump! posted:

It is very not :yayclod:, I'll tell ya that much kid.

you know what is :yayclod: though?

your av/title. i dig it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Bill Cosby, Jeffry Epstein, AAtrek

• Locked thread