Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Death to the oligarchs trying to make this a terrorism election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Brannock posted:

Almost 100k people watching on YouTube, wow

Is that a new thing? I thought the Dem debates were largely ignored compared to even Trump rallies

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also this debate should be directed by Bernie, the front-runner, in whatever direction he prefers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Needs More Ditka posted:

how can "polished experienced politician's politician" clinton not know that saying things like "EVERY SINGLE ONE" is likely a falsehood and she should stay away from it

Because she's still consulting Mark Penn.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

triple sulk posted:

Canada's health insurance is poo poo, Bernie

It's actually the best system in North America you bougie poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dafte posted:

Hillary be all like

* a bad movie*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

real high bar there

And America's is worse than Mexico. The bar is very high, most European states have it worse than Canada.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Volume posted:

Bernie needs to be careful, he's gonna make some strong enemies they way he's talking.

It is futile.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Jaunts posted:

What is it with PBS really pushing the :derp: GOVERNMENT :derp: line tonight?

Republican Congress is going to pull the plug on them further.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

karthun posted:

And Bernie Sanders needs to get Scott Walker to sign off on making the University of Wisconsin tuition free. That isn't going to happen.

Nope, he's the President and he is looking after the welfare of all Americans, regardless of what their governor wants.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Sanders took the same stance of civil unions are good and marriage is a state issue until 2006

As opposed to a Sec. of State, and President who didn't evolve to ANY view remotely friendly to LGBTQ until near the end game.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

Bernie has never won an election outside of the far northeast, and would be a completely ineffectual as a president.

Hillary Clinton will be indicted during the general election. Don't say things you can't take back.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Lol 'near the end game'.

Hillary will never be President, and Obama didn't even accept gay marriage, civil unions until like 2012. Thus both during their 'end game.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Also bitching about free trade is just insane.

I knew the guy was lefty but I still find it hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he's a loving protectionist!

You've starved thousands in Mexico. gently caress your free trade, libertarian in all but name.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Drop out tomorrow Hillary.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This bad thing will all be over Hillary, all the mean things will go away, all the bad bernie bros will disappear from your twitter feed if all you do is just say the magic words: "I am suspending my campaign"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pick posted:

They don't.

They do now lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pick posted:

No, they still don't, they will not look it up, they were just confused for five minutes.

Sure thing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

Hillary Clinton: "The two leaders I would pick are Andrew Jackson and Adolf Hitler."

WOW thats hosed up why would she say that?

Unelectable.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BERNIE BRING THE CHURCHILL BUST BACK AND CORRECT THE ILL OF THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary supported apartheid

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Logikv9 posted:

i don't see why the "you ran against him" line was a thing

yeah, she ran against candidate obama

She shouldn't have run in 2008 nor this year, hope this clears things up.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:bernget: Bernie gettin votes right now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pick posted:

Bernie's tone is a MILLION times more condescending and vicious than hers.

Winners win.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

VR Native American posted:

Henry Kissinger not getting to the White House after that showing.

Hopefully he dies.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I'm so glad that the Something Awful poll [totally representative of America] thinks that Bernie wouldn't get eaten alive.

Because lawd in heaven

Go vote Trump.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ries posted:

No loving way, did she really say that?

gently caress yes dude

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Bernie called for a primary on Obama in 2012.

Do a little thinking and think what the optics of an old white man calling for the first black president in office to be primaried look like.

Spoiler: They ain't good.

the optics are obama is a lame duck, and did stupid loving poo poo like hiring Geithner

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary said Kawhi Leonard is not very good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

By Bangladesh, does he mean Kissinger supported W. Pakistan in that war? Oh my god.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Non-Americans that are on the short list of leaders respected by many Americans, that aren't too obscure:

1. Churchill
2. Gandhi
3. Mandela
4. Pope Francis maybe?
5. The Dalai Lama (lol)
6. Simon Bolivar... Maybe? Okay probably not.
7. Ancient generals from antiquity that Dad keeps watching on the History Channel

I understand why Bernie went with the safe answer.

It's also a reach across the spectrum, like Obama loving Lincoln, and likening some of his own political acumen to Reagan (at one debate, forgot which one)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

Churchill and FDR are good answers because FDR is who Bernie is trying to model his campaign after and you cant attack Churchill as a politician because to 95% of Americans Churchill = British guy who fought the nazis.

Also Bernie angling for the voters who demand the bust of Churchill be put back in the White House.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

They will be destroyed in equal measure if they attempt anything. I just hope SS is back in shape, all manner of crazy out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ibogaine posted:

There you go: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/12/bernie-sanders-squandered-lead-hillary-clinton-democratic-debate

The way the Guardian treats Corbyn and Sanders is quite intersting, incidentally. The only bits still I still reading are the articles by Jeb Lund and Stewart Lee.

lol democratic establishment media is going to be unskewing polls until November. The Guardian counts because they've taken to lefty bashing, so gently caress 'em

• Locked thread