Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Something to keep in mind for next year for sure!

Lutha, that would be fantastic! :neckbeard: I just learned about the contest last year, so I'm happy to help get a team together for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Heads up, I'm putting together a very loose planning doc for next year's trip to Stevens Point. Obviously it's WAY early to set anything in stone, but if you have any interest in going to Point for next year's contest, please let me know. PM, IRC, email, whatever.

As for the commemoration shirts...working on that now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm lucky I was allowed to spend as much time as I did on trivia this weekend. I know I would not be able to actually travel for it.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

my cat is norris posted:

Obviously it's WAY early to set anything in stone

set in......trivia stone?????

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

railroad terror posted:

set in......trivia stone?????
Group B fall off a cliff

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

CrashCat posted:

Group B fall off a cliff

Group B:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Look at what you people have done to me

Just look at this. We all know our Google profiles get irreperably polluted by 54 hours of googling ridiculous poo poo, but Amazon apparently thinks it's cool and good to recommend me poo poo based on Oz's trivia questions. :argh:

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Hey, I actually rented The Intern from Google Play to confirm an answer. My recommendations may never fully recover. Thanks, $50 free credit from Nexus 6p.

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Haven't seen anyone volunteering to bite the bullet and watch 'The Duff' yet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Leperflesh posted:

Just look at this. We all know our Google profiles get irreperably polluted by 54 hours of googling ridiculous poo poo, but Amazon apparently thinks it's cool and good to recommend me poo poo based on Oz's trivia questions. :argh:
Just have to keep browsing for other crap, it always forgets in a month or two

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

joke_explainer posted:

Haven't seen anyone volunteering to bite the bullet and watch 'The Duff' yet.

Well I know what it doesn't have in the opening credits...

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Wasn't there a question about the duff last year? Apparently it's actually something we need to know for Oz's insane disney kid's programming obsession.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CrashCat posted:

Just have to keep browsing for other crap, it always forgets in a month or two

You can also go into your amazon profile and selectively delete items.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

I actually own this game. I don't think I've played it, though.

e: come to think I've got a ton of old obscure board games. McStabby, should I send pics, or is the stuff on board game geeks pretty good already?

stubblyhead fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 21, 2016

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

DO YOU LIKE COMMEMORATIVE T-SHIRTS?!?!

:siren: THIS POST IS FOR YOU! :siren:

Vote on the commemorative shirt here: http://goo.gl/forms/qPYW1wmCG2

I open orders tomorrow morning, so the vote form will be open until then!

Imgur Album -- http://imgur.com/a/pFvHi

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 21, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The coy Network reference needs to be much bigger and holy cow why is Trivial Fursuit so huge

Also have you ever looked into getting a back on these shirts? How much more does that cost? I would love to have a bit that says 6th place and our full team name somewhere at least, I guess we can't put everyone's chat names for fear of the Internet Boogeyman though

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 21, 2016

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

oh my god, those icons at the bottom are everything I had hoped they would be

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

CrashCat posted:

The coy Network reference needs to be much bigger and holy cow why is Trivial Fursuit so huge

Also have you ever looked into getting a back on these shirts? How much more does that cost? I would love to have a bit that says 6th place and our full team name somewhere at least, I guess we can't put everyone's chat names for fear of the Internet Boogeyman though

I don't know, it's just the size I ended up with!! You're right though, it's huge, so expect a downsizing in the actual format. I don't mind advertising our team name, but it doesn't need to be quite so ginormous. I was actually kind of picturing this logo as maybe an upper-left breast logo instead of across the whole chest? But, I will play with proportions.

Someone should generate one of those word cloud things based on usernames. Maybe we could get that printed on the back. All I can remember about printing on the back is that it's extra...I'll have to see what the cost might be.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Based on votes, this is the style we'll be seeing on the commemorative shirts --

I'll play with proportions tomorrow.

:siren: ORDER HERE :siren:

...through April 28th.

Tygor
Feb 20, 2008

UNTUCKEM. GO BREW CREW WOOOOO
I love the passion of the team and there's a lot of great discussion on what we can do better next year. Unfortunately I'm not sure discussing this is in a semi-public forum is the way to go. It would pretty easy for teams around us in standings to use our lessons learned to their advantage. Already I would say a handful of teams made a jump with us towards closing the gap to dad's and festivus so we need to be more careful discussing "some things".

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

We should discuss answering more questions correctly if we want to do better imo

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The Saturday Morning Freak Show is on!
http://tunein.com/radio/90-FM-899-s23865/

This is Oz's weekly show and it's pretty interesting the week after trivia. He plays music from the contest and talks about his reasoning behind questions and how the songs tied in to them. It's on for four hours I think so get in IRC and hang out!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Hope someone is recording this, would be interesting to listen to, but can't right now

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

wa27 posted:

The Saturday Morning Freak Show is on!
http://tunein.com/radio/90-FM-899-s23865/

This is Oz's weekly show and it's pretty interesting the week after trivia. He plays music from the contest and talks about his reasoning behind questions and how the songs tied in to them. It's on for four hours I think so get in IRC and hang out!
crap, missed it again

Tygor
Feb 20, 2008

UNTUCKEM. GO BREW CREW WOOOOO

sellouts posted:

We should discuss answering more questions correctly if we want to do better imo

I agree, but those discussions shouldn't be here.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I once got a question right!

:allears:

I missed the Freak Show, too. Was it recorded?

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Tygor posted:

I love the passion of the team and there's a lot of great discussion on what we can do better next year. Unfortunately I'm not sure discussing this is in a semi-public forum is the way to go. It would pretty easy for teams around us in standings to use our lessons learned to their advantage. Already I would say a handful of teams made a jump with us towards closing the gap to dad's and festivus so we need to be more careful discussing "some things".

Well hey, only part of our success is based on our technology and process. The rest is from being really good at answering Oz's trivia questions. I think there was a reddit team last year and they ended up flaming out within two days. What teams are you referencing that are running up on us?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Akbar posted:

Well hey, only part of our success is based on our technology and process. The rest is from being really good at answering Oz's trivia questions. I think there was a reddit team last year and they ended up flaming out within two days. What teams are you referencing that are running up on us?

The rest of the top 10

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Is there a video of the trophy acceptance like there was last year?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Is there a way to get the shirt without the "trivial fursuit" part? I love the logo but would like to be able to wear it to work.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Only 363 days until trivia! Get prepared. Maybe everyone will figure out IRC by then.

vcx j-m[ 666.m.;h opl;['fcb
=]=
[]p[vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvp'cd0-\k;=p;l o df
]-b

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
You're still here?

It's over.

Go Home.

Go.

We won.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

falz posted:

Is there a video of the trophy acceptance like there was last year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCrCmUdWNY

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Athanatos posted:

You're still here?

It's over.

Go Home.

Go.

We won.
it's never over! we will Popcorn til our dying breath

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The Trivia 47 highlight video is complete!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICk1W3coqV8

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

wa27 posted:

The Trivia 47 highlight video is complete!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICk1W3coqV8

Excellent mashup, this combined with the quote board make some good memories. See you all again next year.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
watching that highlight video, it blows my mind how absolutely loving horrible some of these on-air folks are at pronouncing things. the "cee why young" award???? how do these people run a trivia contest yet are not able to pronounce some of the most critical words in a question?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Best part is it sounded like they do a read-through of it all ahead of time too so it's not even like it's the first time the person has even read the question.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

rawillkill posted:

The rest of the top 10

I think it's natural to have a bit of variation year-to-year. I don't think it's realistic to expect us to increase our standing every year, especially when we're still pretty drat far away from the leaders. There's the top tier of Dad's and Festivus and then the next tier down has us, network, UUU, lactation, foole, etc. What I was asking is was there another newish team that is running up on us? It seems like the others in our tier have been there for a long time. And I'm not sure what black magic is needed to actually rival Dad's and Festivus.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the network guy from last year actually wasn't being a jerk. probably. what happened was that our ground crew went down to the station for the trophy ceremony and the guy said something like "maybe next year try some natural intelligence". our ground crew thought "wtf what is this nerd going on about, what a jerk" because none of them were aware that irl we are a shadowy B2B skynet corporation

It was actually this. Guy was just bring a trivia work, not a spoilsport.

• Locked thread