Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I bought the album Monday and tried to listen to it in the car on the way home from work, but there's so much going on at times that it doesn't do it justice. Subsequent listens were a lot better and I'm really digging it now. I'm so glad someone else noticed the similarities in the guitar between The Numbers and Talk Show Host. That clicked for me as soon as I heard it.

Also I was at the beach last weekend and listened to both In Rainbows and HttT multiple times. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Holy lol at TKOL. That whole thing is pretty well done.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Does anybody care enough about hail to the thief to buy an anniversary edition of it tho

It me

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Myxomatosis/Scatterbrain/Wolf at the Door is one of my favorite 3-track runs in their entire catalog. It may be an unfocused, meandering album, but the highs are just as high as any other record IMO

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

How dare the child of one of the most famous and acclaimed singers of his generation take inspiration from him :argh:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

What is the significance of that?

Weirdos who weren’t satisfied with TKOL convinced themselves it was just half of the project since it “only” had 8 songs on it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

stev posted:

I can't imagine TKOL having more tracks, or being the first half of a double album. It just feels perfectly formed as it is.

Yeah I agree. The album progresses so beautifully that I can’t see trying to fit anything else in the middle, and by the time it’s done it feels like they’ve said everything that they’ve wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Daydreaming is enough on its own to make AMSP a great album

And there are other excellent tracks on there too

But Daydreaming, goddamn

I will stan eternally for The Numbers