Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Has anyone from Radiohead made a comment about this leak? Are they bothered by it? There's some comment alleging that the person who first got the material copied it with Colin's awareness, but that could be made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'm far from an audiophile. Why is FLAC the superior format?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Filipino posted:

Why the gently caress does this thread have a 3 rating? Vote 5 you evil fucks.

I don't recall if it was this thread or a previous one but it basically devolved into album ranking and people arguing about opinions (sort of what is happening the last few days) and it was rather dreadful.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Are they linking to video that was already available online, or did they upload new versions entirely?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

stev posted:

Hopefully in a few weeks a new album gets slapped onto the library without any fanfare.

In fact if that doesn't happen I'll be shaking with rage.

They're pretty much all working on independent projects now. I wouldn't expect a new group album any time soon.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

actionjackson posted:

The track nude weirds me out and I always skip it

The only aspect of it that I don't like is that it ends too soon. I seem to remember the mid 90s version being longer.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Framboise posted:

I really do wonder why they didn't stick with the far better version of Videotape that they did live. Maybe it's because they wanted to play up the illusion that's going on in the song?

For the uninitiated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZt6Dzkq6w

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BigFactory posted:

This was my first Radiohead show. I thought it was a good one.

Gotta be from the 2001 tour right? I loved when they opened with "The National Anthem" back then.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

stev posted:

Looks like a KID Amnesiac double reissue is coming - they played this before a concert stream last night, which was Amnesiac's 20th anniversary.

Here's hoping it gives us as much new material as OKNOTOK did. And minidisc hack 2.0.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

What does it mean :o

I'm interpreting the #followmearound tag to mean we're getting studio material for that song, which is awesome. I'll be hoping for full band a la "Meeting People is Easy".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

hell yea

gimme that Kinetic, Fast-Track, Trans-Atlantic Drawl...

Also Worrywort is lowkey one of Radiohead's nicest and least miserable songs, it's great

Cuttooth :rock:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ballz posted:

https://youtu.be/OEPu77iTGsw

Official Follow Me Around music video is also premiering tomorrow. Or maybe today, idk how time zones work.

It's today!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ballz posted:

Definitely feels demo-y. Needs that full-band kick halfway through like in Meeting People is Easy.

That full band version -- where they seem like they're just messing around during a soundcheck -- was beyond amazing. Much like the change they made with "Videotape" versus what it was like circa Bonnaroo 2006, this is another decision I just don't get.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

hughesta posted:

Was pretty disappointed on first listen how much it just felt like AMSP 2 - little more rock to it but overall felt very slow.

I'm still in this phase. I do love "You Will Never Work in Television Again" though.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

RE: "House of Cards"

It's one of those Radiohead songs (along with "Bloom, for another example) that I prefer live but the studio version doesn't do as much for me.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Framboise posted:

Videotape

It's a great song, but the live version is so much better.

Yeah, someone before said S-Tier, and that 2006 version from Bonnaroo definitely falls in that category.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Action Serious posted:

$38 in service fees for mobile tickets. gently caress Ticketmaster/AXS

I love it when they call it a "convenience fee".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Did it go out on TV (with "loving" in the first line) like that?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

There’s more tracks I skip on HTTT than any other Radiohead album. I still enjoy it but anyone who puts it over TKOL is insane to me

I'm probably insane then. I like TKOL songs better live for the most part (see: "Bloom") and find the album a bit flat, excepting maybe 2 songs (but "Lotus Flower" mostly).

But HTTT -- "Scatterbrain" is possibly in my top ten, "2+2=5" is an awesome opener, and "Go to Sleep" and "There There" are amazing (especially live). Many of the other tracks fall into the "that's a fun one" category for me.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Myxomatosis/Scatterbrain/Wolf at the Door is one of my favorite 3-track runs in their entire catalog.

Topped only by "Optimistic" > "In Limbo" > "Idioteque". drat that is just perfection.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It’s a good song. I would say it is not a top three song on its album though (Morning Bell, Kid A, How to Disappear)

Fair. For me, it's one that is significantly better live, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

trem_two posted:

My Morning Jacket covered The National Anthem last night
https://twitter.com/lainpdxor/status/1776477806882431054

Sounds pretty good. I like the bass, but it seems to standout in that song regardless of who plays it.