Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Azhais posted:

He was elected by the 538 voters that actually count

Death to the Electoral College

I was actually talking about Gerald Ford!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I was actually talking about Gerald Ford!

That's true I suppose, VP appointee. Should have been Carl Albert!

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Flags around here are at half-mast, just like Scalia was while writing decisions about torture and butt stuff.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Obama's trolling game is getting stronger

quote:

President Barack Obama will not attend Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s funeral on Saturday, the White House said, adding that Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill Biden will be at the services.

quote:

Obama was pressed about his support of the filibuster against Alito during a press conference on Tuesday, responding that it’s not a parallel to today. “I think what’s fair to say is that how judicial nominations have evolved over time is not historically the fault of any single party,” he said. Obama also threw in, “What is also true is Justice Alito is on the bench right now.”

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Guys, what if Scalia was murdered by the Lizard People as a false flag to try and start a war between the Gray Aliens and the Blue Aliens. 'Just asking questions.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
pee pee doo doo applesauce bad man is still dead today

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

FuturePastNow posted:

Woke up this morning and Scalia's still dead

Today was a good day.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mdm posted:

pee pee doo doo applesauce bad man is still dead today

how dare you

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Moridin920 posted:

Franco for Supreme Court Justice

isn't a loving dog still chain-probating you?

you really got that guy mad lol

e: fixed "pronating" lol. iphone autocorrect be trippin

That Robot has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Feb 19, 2016

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That Robot posted:

they should plant weed around his grave so something positive would have come of his mortal existence :420:

also gently caress him for the Gonzalez v. Raich decision

I wouldn't smoke that weed. I'd douse and ignite the whole area, then piss on it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

effectual posted:

I wouldn't smoke that weed. I'd douse and ignite the whole area, then piss on it.

Why would you waste your piss putting out a fire engulfing Scalia's bloated corpse?

Day 3 (or 4, I've been too jubilant to count the days): I am still glad the rear end in a top hat is dead. If powerful positions like his weren't appointed for life, I probably wouldn't be glad he was dead, I'd just be glad his term/s were over.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
No

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I was telling my mom that I got the best valentines gift of my life with this gently caress keeling over and she was like "ha my office liberal (in texas every office has a pet liberal) was in an extremely good mood over this too. Wtf?" And I explained all the stuff about he was a Nixon apointee and otherwise the left hand of the legal Devil with his factual innocence misquote, bigotry and homophobia, clear mindset that his legalistic principles were more important than actual justice, and so forth.

And then my loving mom tried to troll me. She was all like, isn't it a bit heartless to dance on someone's grave like this? I could tell she obviously didn't mean it and thought of this thread. So I explained that no, not if the grave is Hitler's and what you're really dancing for is all those jews who aren't going to be gassed.

She might be an ancient white lady but is legit enough to get it.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

I was telling my mom that I got the best valentines gift of my life with this gently caress keeling over and she was like "ha my office liberal (in texas every office has a pet liberal) was in an extremely good mood over this too. Wtf?" And I explained all the stuff about he was a Nixon apointee and otherwise the left hand of the legal Devil with his factual innocence misquote, bigotry and homophobia, clear mindset that his legalistic principles were more important than actual justice, and so forth.

And then my loving mom tried to troll me. She was all like, isn't it a bit heartless to dance on someone's grave like this? I could tell she obviously didn't mean it and thought of this thread. So I explained that no, not if the grave is Hitler's and what you're really dancing for is all those jews who aren't going to be gassed.

That she says that after telling her about how Scalia doesn't mind when innocent people are murdered by the state you have to be either retarded or a troll

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

You dance on his grave because he wouldn't retire under a democrat, he was only going to leave by dieing in office. I didn't want Scalia dead, I just didn't want him on the bench.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

mdm posted:

That she says that after telling her about how Scalia doesn't mind when innocent people are murdered by the state you have to be either retarded or a troll

She was obviously trolling. You clearly haven't hosed my mom enough to know her that well and it's hard to get across the smirkyness in her voice as she said that in a post tho, so you'll have to trust me.

And yeah it was way naive to try to pull that kind of troll on me, I mean I've been reading this thread after all. But she didn't know that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nathilus posted:

You clearly haven't hosed my mom enough to know her that well and it's hard to get across the smirkyness in her voice as she said that in a post tho, so you'll have to trust me.

... but you have? :raise:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Goodpancakes posted:

You dance on his grave because he wouldn't retire under a democrat, he was only going to leave by dieing in office. I didn't want Scalia dead, I just didn't want him on the bench.

Yeah, I only wish Scalia survived as a vegetable, capable of perceiving and understanding the world around him but utterly incapable of doing anything, moving in any way, in an eternal, barely but still technically conscious hell-life that dragged out for decades. This works too.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Philosopher King posted:

Isnt there some loophole where a spj doesnt have to be a lawyer or is that just some judges?

Yeah, and the age loophole and the citizenship loophole

there is literally no requirements for the highest loving court of the land lololol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
A GBS poster could be a sitting justice for life making decisions that outlast presidencies

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

A GBS poster could be a sitting justice for life making decisions that outlast presidencies

That poster should be me. :colbert:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That poster should be me. :colbert:

Your av is enough for my vote.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just woke up. Man it's awesome that I'm breathing and Scalia isn't. Today is going to be a great loving day.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Nathilus posted:

did you tell her that there is a non-zero chance that there will be people dancing on hers after all the herpes infections she caused?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
scalia lived a long, happy and fulfilling life and died peacefully in his sleep

.random
May 7, 2007

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Yeah, I only wish Scalia survived as a vegetable, capable of perceiving and understanding the world around him but utterly incapable of doing anything, moving in any way, in an eternal, barely but still technically conscious hell-life that dragged out for decades. This works too.

This seems unnecessarily cruel. But more importantly, I don't think this is a disqualification for being a supreme court justice.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Slugnoid posted:

I don't care how it happened, as long as it happened

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I don't care how it happened, as long as it happened

I'm sure the guy who was always red and nude and steaming mad at everyone that isn't a white hetero male lived a very happy life and wasn't tortured by paranoia and ceaseless anger.

And now that he's dead he no longer has to worry about boys kissing. So even his supporters should be happy he's dead, because finally that big dumb bitch is able to relax.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Alan Smithee posted:

Sure, but the president needs to hand-pick them and they need to get approved by the senate and whatever

Which, even if the prez for some reason is like "I appoint Weedlord Bonerhitler", obviously the senate is going to be like "Uh no, this guy has no qualifications, also we have seen posts on the internet that he is gay, and likes caramel macchiatos and to be cuckolded"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HJE-Cobra posted:

Sure, but the president needs to hand-pick them and they need to get approved by the senate and whatever

Which, even if the prez for some reason is like "I appoint Weedlord Bonerhitler", obviously the senate is going to be like "Uh no, this guy has no qualifications, also we have seen posts on the internet that he is gay, and likes caramel macchiatos and to be cuckolded"

You're forgetting that the president is black and the senate is republican.

So Obama needs to be like "I'm appointing this lesbian black liberal judge"

Mitch McConnell: "No."

Obama: "Fine. I'm appointing a conservative just to get this process over with. My appointee is Cumshit Bonerfart."

*senate approves 96-0*

The Anime Liker has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Feb 18, 2016

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Slugnoid posted:

Ironically the life of a supreme court justice disproves the existence of justice.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

.random posted:

This seems unnecessarily cruel. But more importantly, I don't think this is a disqualification for being a supreme court justice.

Seemed to work fine for Reagan. President is kinda like Supreme Court Justice right?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I wanna see Perd Hapley from Parks and Rec on the bench, he isn't a judge but he was pretty good at it in that one episode with his judge hammer

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You're forgetting that the president is black and the senate is republican.

So Obama needs to be like "I'm appointing this lesbian black liberal judge"

Mitch McConnell: "No."

Obama: "Fine. I'm appointing a conservative just to get this process over with. My appointee is Cumshit Bonerfart."

*senate approves 96-0*

I would like to live in a world were every news agency would have to announce; "Today is a 5-4 decision, the supreme court ruled in favor of yakkity-smackity, the decided vote, was once again, Justice Cumshit Bonerfat. Now here is Jeb Fister, with weather"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Put 3olives on the bench

Let's see how he works his condo in to a ruling on jurisprudence

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
5'd for thread title alone

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Goodpancakes posted:

Scalia dying or retiring under a Republican would likely have been a net gain, too.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
lol

WP posted:

Justice Scalia spent his last hours with members of this secretive society of elite hunters

When Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died 12 days ago at a West Texas ranch, he was among high-ranking members of an exclusive fraternity for hunters called the International Order of St. Hubertus, an Austrian society that dates back to the 1600s.

After Scalia’s death Feb. 13, the names of the 35 other guests at the remote resort, along with details about Scalia’s connection to the hunters, have remained largely unknown. A review of public records shows that some of the men who were with Scalia at the ranch are connected through the International Order of St. Hubertus, whose members gathered at least once before at the same ranch for a celebratory weekend.

Members of the worldwide, male-only society wear dark-green robes emblazoned with a large cross and the motto “Deum Diligite Animalia Diligentes,” which means “Honoring God by honoring His creatures,” according to the group’s website. Some hold titles, such as Grand Master, Prior and Knight Grand Officer. The Order’s name is in honor of Hubert, the patron saint of hunters and fishermen.

lots more great details within

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Those guys definitely spent a lot of time banging

• Locked thread